DJ9'S " WINTER SEED ROBIN " WISH LIST

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Linda,
Your Starlight Rose Zinnia's will be in the box for you.
Alana

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much, Alana!

Linda

Athens, PA

Alana

I too had requested Starlight Rose Zahara Zinnias and didn't hear anything back. Please confirm.

Carolyn

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Curious when the robin will take flight. thanks Annette Moonflower vine going up the back entrance.

Thumbnail by kobwebz
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

NisiNJ and PoisonDart Frog -
I am interested in the Raspberry Ripple Carnations and Zahara Rose Starlight Zinnia if you have any left. Five to ten seeds would be more than enough for me.

Yours is ready too, Carolyn.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I sent NisiNJ a dmail for some seeds and haven't heard from them. Fizzle sizzle swirl.

Erin

This message was edited Oct 27, 2010 5:34 PM

In addition to a couple of requests, I put over 100 Starlight Rose seeds to be shared out so there should be plenty in there.
I must have missed the part about confirming requests. I did not realize we were supposed to do that. My bad.
Alana

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Okay, gang; sorry I didn't respond. I did, however, write down people's requests and send Susie envelopes for those people who are in the flight plan before my stop, and who had requested something. Also included in some envelopes were things I happened to have on hand which were on general wish lists. Note that not everyone before me in the flight path had requested something from me, so they might not be getting envelopes from me.

Here are the names of people who should have envelopes from me in the Robin. This list is copied from my handwritten notes (because the envies are gone) and I hope it's accurate:

momoftwo (should include frizzle sizzle as noted above)
igrowinpa (should include raspberry ripple and frizzle sizzle as noted above)
dmtom
poisondartfrog
merrymath
bethw336
Carolyn22

I'm not saying what if any extra seeds are in any envies because that would spoil the surprise!

Others--RickCorey, diamonds and Maxine--are AFTER me in the flight path so I plan to include their envies in the Robin when I pass it on.

Sorry I didn't know the protocol.

NisiNJ-THANK YOU for letting us all know. I'm so looking forward to receiving the Robin Box when it gets here. I love going through all the seeds and looking up ones that are unfamiliar to me. It's like Christmas morning for gardeners!
I will be adding some surprises as well.

Linda

No problem NisiNJ, it's no protocol. If we don't get a response from you we start worrying if you are okay.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2010 9:01 PM

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Just recently I figured out how to use the office's color laser printer. I can get 6, maybe 9 small photos onto one page, so if anyone wants a color photo to show whattheir seeds olook like grown up, send me a link or photo by Dmail.

I hope the seeds pictured here arrive in time for the RR, but some will be in very small quantities.

Corey

Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

These are the Zinnias that I WILL have enough to put into the "For All" bag.

Zinnia Oklahoma: 1½" double and semi double blossoms for cut flowers (Scarlet, and Golden Orange)
Zinnia Gem: 1½" beehive shape strong stems (Orange)
Zinnia Benary Giant: 4" - 5" dahlia-flowered blooms (Scarlet and Deep Red)
Cut & Come Again: 3" flat petal, dome shape double pumila type (Mixed colors)

Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Cool program, Corey, and so nice of you to share your Zinnias with the group. If you do receive Salvia seeds in time, would you please reserve a scant few of Coral Nymph and Yvonne's Giant for me?

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Thank you Anita...that is exactly what I meant.

Beautiful pictures, Corey. Now I really can't wait to see what's in the Robin Box!!!!

Linda

Athens, PA

Alana

Thank you - not a problem, I just was not sure if you saw my posting.

I sent seeds to Susie for some that are ahead of me in the Robin - there were some I was not able to get out yet that are ahead of me in the Robin and I will send those out individually.

Carolyn

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

corey save me some giant deep red Please . I will check in early morning then be gone from 8am-till about Noon or so . I'm floating with all this water i have had to drink today for my test tomorrow so I guess i better get off here . still very High Winds outside sound like planes flying over at time :(

well good nite all back in the morning

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

deejay: Benary Deep Red Zinnia, check! When they arrive, I'll have lots.
FruitoftheVine: Coral Nymph and Yvonne's Giant , check!

My notes show that Carolyn22 also wants Coral Nymph and zinnias, and that deejay would also like some salvia, maybe the nemoroso?

Given my success rate starting Salvia from seed in the past, I think I may well go back to Jonna and order more seeds!

I made those salvia my PC's wallpaper, and I keep staring and drooling, especially at the S. splendens "Yvonne's Giant".

Corey

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

oooh, zinnias! ;) They are so pretty.

afternoon everyone quite a day wore out so going to rest a bit before i have to start supper .
Just wanted to let CAROLYN22 Know I recieved her seeds for others .
thank you for sharing .

i will try to return later
susie

Wants
Agastaches / Sages / Salvias
Cannas (looking for purple leaf varieties, height and bloom color doesn't matter)
Candy Lily -- any
Daylily Seeds -- I'd especially like to try any crossed from old standards to the newest varieties. I'm shy on frillies, doubles, and those with large eye-zones. Color & height don't matter.
Gomphrena globosa -- White, Pink, Fuschia, Red.
Herbs -- any
Lettuce - Any loose leaf non-heading types.
Penstemon -- Fruticosus Purple Haze and barbatos "Rubycunda"
Papaver -- Poppies -- any color -- would like to try the "greats".
Salvia -- any hardy in Zone 7a. My only one is "May Night" which is still blooming.
Sweet Woodruff / Perennial Geranium
Tomato "Yellow Pear" and any Cherry or compact clustering heirloom.
Zinnias -- Lilliputs to California Giants.

Haves harvested from my gardens, or soon will be
Agastache "Golden Jubilee"
Agastache "Raspberry Summer"
Agastache mexicali "Acapulco"
Agastache "Tutti Fruiti"
Castor Bean / Mole Plant
Columbine -- yellow native (very few seeds)
Columbine "Winky Series" (very few seeds)
Cosmos "Bright Lights"
Cosmos "Cosmos "Purity"
Cosmos "Double Click"
Echinacea "Milkshake"
Echinacea "Hot Lava"
Echinacea "Tomato Soup"
Echinacea "Tiki Torch"
Gaillardia "Mardi Gras"
Helenium x grandiflora
Lilium "Specie Lily"
Blue, Fuchsia & Pink Morning Glories, seeds are mixed. Some are Japanese.
Stokesia laevis "Peachy's Pick" reblooming, not ready to harvest seeds yet
Tagetes patula (I think is the variety) Dwarf French Marigolds
Verbena "Homestead" still blooming, not ready to harvest seeds yet
Zinnia "Candy Stripe"

Ferry Morse 2010 Gourd seeds:
Apple
Bushel
Birdhouse
Dipper
Nest Egg
Snake
Small Ornaments Mix
Swan

This message was edited Oct 28, 2010 10:10 PM

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Fruit, I would like the following seeds if available.
gaillardia "mardi gras"
helenium x grandiflora

Maxine

Susan,

May I try some of your Milkshack and Hot Lava Echie and the Cosmos Double Click? How big is the blooms on the Double Click?

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

FOTV - you know I want the agastache! =) All of them please. I will be a zones pusher! Thanks!
Golden jubilee
Acaulpoco
Raspberry Summer
Tutti frutti

Erin

This message was edited Oct 29, 2010 7:24 AM

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

FOTV-Did you mean to write helenium 'mardi gras'? Cuz if you did I will take some of those too.

Erin

I Don't have any & Would love to try just a small amount Question are these a mounding plant or root runner ??
also any of the ECH That you have extra of .

Agastache "Golden Jubilee"
Agastache "Raspberry Summer"
Agastache mexicali "Acapulco"
Agastache "Tutti Fruiti"

I Want to appologise about some of my seeds like my BUTERFLY BUSH Seeds Are still in pods & Drying
with some chaff I Just can't get out to the G H to clean them so they will Just be Ready for you to sow them
chaff & all . there is 3 BUSHES I Do Not Know the names of But they are marked 1-2-3 With pictures
on my Photobucket . then there is HONEY COMB , & WHITE BFB .

i have to do some baking this morning for the weekend & Then i will have my afternoon to play with the robin some more . this one is really going to be a full one .

well i guess i better get busy you all have a safe & Fun day .

susie

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Fruit of the Vine, I would appreciate receiving some of the following:

Echinacea "Milkshake"
Echinacea "Hot Lava"
Echinacea "Tomato Soup"

MARY

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Wasn't sure where to put this so I listed it on both lists, sorry about that! Sorry to be so late but I've had a family member with illness.

Here is my haves list:

Penstemon 'Husker Red'
False Indigo - Baptisia australis
Purple Coneflower - no ID
Toadflax - Linaria purpurea 'Canon J. Went'
Phlox paniculata - no ID - hot pink
Garden Phlox - Phlox paniculata 'David'
Chinese Lantern Plant - Physalis alkekengi
Smooth Hydrangea - Hydrangea arborescens 'Annabelle'
Cup Plant - Silphium perfoliatum
Speedwell - Veronica spicata 'Royal Candles'
Blackberry Lily - Belamcanda chinensis - no ID
Weeping Redbud - Cercis canadensis 'Lavendar Twist'
Lily Turf - Liriope muscari
Globe Thistle - Echinops ritro
Gay Feather - Liatris spicata 'Floristan White'
Spider Flower - cleome - no ID
Butterfly bush - Buddleia 'Nanho Blue'
Threadleaf Coreopsis - Coreopsis verticillata 'Moonbeam'
Leadwort, Hardy Blue Plumbago - Ceratostigma plumbaginoides
Dill - Anethum graveolens
Shasta Daisy - Leucanthemum x superbum 'Becky'
Bachelor's Button, Cornflower - Centaurea cyanus 'Blue Boy'
Dark Opal Basil - Ocimum basilicum 'Purpurascens' - maybe 10 seeds
White Yarrow - Achillea millefolium - no ID
Showy Milkweed - Asclepias speciosa
Pink Milkweed - no ID
Yellow Trumpet Vine - Campsis radicans 'Flava'

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Janaestone AKA Di

I would appreciate receiving seeds of the following:

Toadflax - Linaria purpurea 'Canon J. Went'
Speedwell - Veronica spicata 'Royal Candles'
Lily Turf - Liriope muscari
Dill - Anethum graveolens
Shasta Daisy - Leucanthemum x superbum 'Becky'
Dark Opal Basil - Ocimum basilicum 'Purpurascens'
Yellow Trumpet Vine - Campsis radicans 'Flava'

You are scheduled to receive the Robin after me …. Just put them in an envelop with my name and place in the Robin …. I will pay Susie to send them to me.

Thanks

MARY

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

FruitOfTheVine,

Is there any chance of getting some "May Night" Salvia seed? I've heard that Salvia can be very difficult to get seed from. If not, no problem! I'll ask again in a year or two.

By that time, if my one commercial bare-root May Night sprig survives, I hope to find a few seeds in it, or finally learn to make cuttings root, instead of rot.

had terrible luck the time I tried to sprout these Park's seeds. I put one or more seeds into each cell of a 128-cell tray, and had zero - nil - nada - zilch sprouts. I'm thinking I had them too wet, or maybe the temperature in front of my window varied too much.
1. CATMINT (NEPETA NERVOSA) BLUE CARPET (1433)
2. THYMUS SERPYLLUM (MOTHER OF THYME) (2016)
3. SALVIA SUPERBA BLUE QUEEN (1802)
4. SALVIA FARINACEA VICTORIA (1817) ANNUAL

Corey

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Is it OK to put these seeds into the RR box?

I am guessing
- #1 - NOT, but
- #2 and #3 OK.

1. Lavatera thuringiaca 5'-6' tall bush Full sun zones 5-10
Hirt's garden said "Barnsley" but the blooms look "Rosea"
DG Plant files says:
Propagation Methods: From softwood cuttings
Seed Collecting: N/A: plant does not set seed, flowers are sterile, or plants will not come true from seed

2. Anaheim chili pepper seed (very mild) from semi-dried chilis from a fruit stand

3. Thai chili pepper seed (pretty hot) from semi-dried chilis from a fruit stand

I am doing a sprout test now. I figure that if they will sprout at all in 50-60 degrees , they must be very viable.

Corey

COREY No plants in the seed robin did you want to send it to someone in the robin you mean ??

My "saved for" list is waayy up there on October 20th and each of you that have requested seeds so far are up-to-date. Here's the link to my album. You can avoid the annoying ads once you're there by clicking on "slideshow" in the menu on the right.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/578864655ymyagp

So many flowers are still blooming and may have to wait til the next round or send promised seeds separately after I've harvested. Is this our plan, Susie?

Agastaches are mounding plants in the mint family. I know how many of you feel about mints but these behave or I wouldn't have them either. If in doubt, you can grow them in a pot planted in the ground. Harvesting seeds from those with candle-shaped blooms I've found are very easy. I'm not so sure with the wispier type blooms if I should cut the stalks and dry them in a paper bag, what's another method any of you have used, and where are the seeds?

Lazlo, are you out there? Any chance you can help me out? And do you still have herbs?

Anita, Cosmos "Double Click" blooms are about 4" diameter in various shades of pinks and white. Looking at the album may give you a better idea.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2010 8:08 PM

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Rickcorey

50-60 degrees may not be enough for some seeds to germinate. I have a chart for veggies and 60 is minum for squashes with an optium of 85, upto 100, same for watermelon.

http://www.thechileman.org/guide_starting.php

The person to ask is perkoschilifarm, he hangs out at Texas Gardening.

Later

Dane

This message was edited Oct 29, 2010 5:55 PM

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> COREY No plants in the seed robin

I did not mean any plants or cuttings.

I meant seeds from chili peppers.

If it is true that the lavatera seed is too variable to be usefull, I would not put any of that seedf either.

No plants or cuttings of any kind, I understand.

Athens, PA

Fotv -

I have a giant white agastache that I can offer you. It grows about 5 ft and is a real bee magnet. I would be interested in your:

Agastache Raspberry
Agastache Mexicali Acapulco
Agastache Tutti Fruiti
Cosmos Double Click
Cosmos Purity

Janaestone - I would be interested in:
Gayfeather Floristan White
Threadleaf coreopsis
what color is your Echinops ritro? I am interested in white, but I already have blue - so if it is blue, then I would pass on those....

Corey - if you don't find your May Night Salvia, I can split mine this summer and share with you... let me know late April if you find this.

Thank you, Carolyn. I don't have a White one and that sounds good. Does yours have candle-shaped blooms or are they wispy and lightly clustered? I really need help or a "how-to" about harvesting seeds from the wispy ones.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

ooh! ooh! white agastache?!! Do you have any extra carolyn? ;)

Erin

Athens, PA

Fotv and Erin -

mine are the candle shaped agastache. As I mentioned, this one tends to get 5 feet or so tall. I have attached a picture. I received this in a trade several years ago. It was represented as Honey Bee White, but HBW is only about 2 feet tall. From what I have been able to tell, my plant is is either Agastache Scrophulariifolia or Micrantha - I cannot tell the difference, however I lean towards Micrantha...... what I really love about this plant is that it is quite a bee magnet.

Yes, Erin - I'll put you down for some of this as well.....

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.