DJ9'S " WINTER SEED ROBIN " WISH LIST

Athens, PA

Anita -

I have not had a chance to check yet. They have me taking this course that is really getting the best of me..

oh-guess i will skip them. thanks

Athens, PA

Karen - they maybe worth a try if you can swap for the seeds..... that way you won't have any money into them.

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Okay Carolyn, thanks. What course are you taking? I'm taking a class in January.

Thanks Janae!

Who has the Monarda Blue Stocking?

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Anita, I have some Monarda Blue Stocking seeds for you. Let me know if you would like them,
Linda

Athens, PA

Anita

I am taking International Traffic and Arms Regulations. One has to be a Philadelphia lawyer to understand it. As a matter of fact, I took Business Law years ago and don't remember it kicking my ______ like this one. I am wondering if it is because I took Business Law 30 years ago. What do you think?

Carolyn, I think you will get the swing of it and kick it in the ___ LoL It has to be interesting in light of what's going on recently with the airlines and shipping companies. Is this a class you are taking for work?

Linda, thank you! I would love some of the Monarda Blue Stocking! How did it perform in your garden? Is it really blue?

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Monarda Blue Stocking is not blue - I'd call it a pretty Violet/Lavender. I do love it however. It is not one of the thug Monardas that run all over the place. I had a red -Jacob Cline perhaps?-that I received as a NOID in a trade. It went everywhere, and I gave lots of it away to neighbors and friends who wanted it. I had a similar problem with Monarda Raspberry Wine. And RW is a mildew magent. Monarda Blue Stocking is well behaved and will always grow in my garden.

I think you are after me in the Robin so I will put a package of it in the box for you.

LInda

Karen, those Dahlia seeds I think are usually along the lines of a Zinnia in size and bloom type. Some of them may have larger petals like the bigger variety of Dahlia. But some of them will form a tuber if I am not mistaken. I may have a couple of those seeds. I'm at work today but I can check my stash when I get home tomorrow.

thank you.

I had a few in my garden and I didn't like how they were performong so I moved them and they didn't take to transplanting very well. During the winter I started a few from seed so they didn't bloom this year but they are already spreading pretty fast.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

ITARS seemed to be mojo, to me, whenever I'm exposed to it. Maybe Business Law was easier because it sometimes made sense and had fewer contradictions?

Fortunately, I never need to know anything but "make sure someone stamps the standard blurb onto any formal document" and "ask the Legal department before telling anyone anything".

It always puzzled me that we are forbidden to 'blacklist' anyone, but are required to 'embargo' certain countries (and fill out paperwork before saying anything to anyone who might tell them anything). Or is it "sanction"? I thought that was a CIA euphemism for "assasinate".

Maybe I got those words backwards, or maybe it was EAR or OFAC or NOSE or THROAT ... I'm just a simple engineer and 100,000 operations in 5 milliseconds make sense to me, but not one word of the legal mumbo-jumbo.

>> One has to be a Philadelphia lawyer to understand it.

I have little idea what the verbiage means, and "understanding it" may not be humanly possible, but my taking the 30-minute training and 10-question quiz every year for the last 5 years, I can get a perfect score on the quiz, WHILE thinking "HUNNH?!? What is this stuff?"

Maybe "understanding it" is not the goal ... if it makes little sense. Maybe it is possible to answer questions and know what to do in a kind of robotic way, without requriing the source material to make "sense".

I loved/hated phrases like "COULD be used for military purposes". Hammers. Soldering irons. Rocks. Typewritiers. HUNNH?

If some day someone wire-tapped a bunch of lawyers and judges, and proved that they were just making it all up as they went along, and have been getting rich from B-S-ing us since Hammurabi, I would not be a bit surprised.

Corey

Athens, PA

Corey -

I wouldn't be surprised either - the problem is that I am one of the ones on the line if something goes wrong......therefore, I have to know this stuff.......

Yes, Business Law was simpler. Seems to me that was a lot of learning the terms...... somehow I doubt there was any common sense though. Are the words Business Law not an oxymoron?

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> I am one of the ones on the line if something goes wrong

Ouch. Our little training cartoons kept showing that scenario!

>> Are the words Business Law not an oxymoron?

I believe it! I heard an NPR show about college courses on "Business Ethics", taught at a School of Business.
Sounds like a contradiction in terms, right?
Not quite.

The NPR guy claimed to be sitting behind two students on the bus.
One sees the other carrying a textbook titled "Business Ethics".

"Unnnh, what's that about?"
"Ummm ... like, sometimes you gotta do bad things. But you should think about it."

NOW I understand Enron, the BP oil spill after 500 safety violations, the mortgage and banking collpase, off-shoring all our jobs, campaign financing, "tort reform" and the empovrishment of the middle class.

They "thought about it".

Corey

LoL @ Corey

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Good Morning it is 19* & so I'm trying to warm up after going out to get my chores done BURRR.
Looks as our wish list page has turned into a chat Page & Is getting very long for our dial up friends.
would you like me to Make a new wish list & You can carry your list over for the SECOND Time around or just keep this ???
Please let me know or we will have to move chat to the other chatforum. Please let me know .
susie

Can we have a new forum for us? I have had problems loading up and I don't have dial up! LoL

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

OK HERE IS THE NEW LINK TO OUR NEW SIGN UP FOR 2ND TIME AROUND ROBIN
YOU CAN ALSO FORWARD YOUR WISH LIST IF YOU ARE JOINING US .
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO JOIN THAT IS OK I WILL JUST ASK THAT YOU WILL DELETE YOUR WISH LIST
IF YOU POST IT .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1144523/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1144523/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.