Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 5.40 out of 12
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 14000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4269 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here's a wonderful followup about the heart attack Kiska's (Jackie) husband Frank suffered earlier in the week.

http://www.adn.com/2010/07/29/1387532/palmer-dispatchers-help-save-mans.html

Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Great news on Frank!! And love the article on them. They couldn't have written that up any better.

Hot and humid again. Mostly sunny with temps around 90 and it's muggy out.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Great Shot! Pepper! Love it!

Sally, yep, I'm here...not as much as I'd like to be, but ...too much stuff to do! :D I don't know how you do it! The Hybiscus is a Rose of Sharon. :) I wish (& I have tried) to grow a Hybiscus, but I don't have enough sun for them. :(

Ric, thanks for posting the link...you beat me to the punch! :D Glad that you get to join the rest of us on Monday morning! ;)

E_B! I'm here! How have you been!? Guess what I did? (I hope I don't ruin this), But I put in an application for a state hatchery managers job! I love the job that I'm dong now, but the hatchery job is my dream job. LOL! I probably won't even get it, but it 's worth a try, huh?

LOL! The weather! We had a gorgoeus day, 84° & low humidity! That's the best it's been in a couple of weeks. Those high 90's were about to get to me, cuz I hate staying in the house!

Here's my other flower...

Thumbnail by music2keep
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Joey BEST OF LUCK!
Sounds like a great job!

Yep I've started gearing up for the end of my 457 day weekend.
Went for the drug screen this morning.

A lot has changed there since I left, but the basic operations remain.
One of my new duties will be crating the parts so I get to use the new cool power tools!
AND someone else's lumber!!!!!! LOL!

noonamah, Australia

Today was the last day of our coldest month, tomorrow is the start of the last month of winter. That always has a good feel about it. Winter is our dryest time and normally there no rain. This year has been different. Today there was isolated heavy rain, but missed my place unfortunately. That's the way it goes. This morning the minimum temperature was 22.0C (71.6F). This afternoons maximum was a 37.0C (98.6F). Even though this rain has been 2 months early, it'd be great if it keeps coming.

Kwanjin, those are one of our native wildflowers, Goodenia sp. (but I don't know which one) Here's some more. This one's common on my place.

Thumbnail by tropicbreeze
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

73° and the weather stick is pointing down like I've caught a big fish. We had 1 & 3/10'' rain yesterday. We'll have a high of 83° and NW winds. A beautiful day ahead!
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 70°
Pressure: 29.82 in
Visibility: 5.0 mi
UV Index: 0 - Low
Sunrise Information: Time Until Sunrise: 0 hrs 28 min

Tropic, lovely yellow blooms! What are they? Irrigators are set up all over around here. Most of them in the last few years. I don't think anyone had to run them this year.

Celia what an awesome hummer shot!! I didn't know they visited hollyhocks.

Ric, thank you for the follow-up. I have so many emotions right now. Frank looks so healthy, even laying in the hospitol bed. It's just an amazing story.

Pepper, love the little butterflies :o)

Joey, I'm able do it because I don't have a job :o) I KNEW it wasn't a Hibiscus!! LOL! Joey I so hope you get the job!! You have as a good a chance as anyone, (especially if enthusium counts :o) JW looks like he's raring to go! Gotta love the shirt :o)

Ric, sounds like a dream job, LOL! I'm glad you were called back.

Good Morning Tropic! You never know what the weather is going to do these days. That is a neat bloom too!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Overcast & cool @ 71°

Was sprinkling rain when I awoke but alas the gauge still only shows 3/10 of an inch.

Details for Saturday, July 31
Showers and thundershowers likely. High 79F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Evening: Variably cloudy with scattered thunderstorms. Low 66F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

This message was edited Jul 31, 2010 1:17 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This is what you saw as you walked towards our stall from the parking lot this morning.
Sold all of the flowers except 4 bunches. My son was bunching them until midnight. 120 bunches.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's the family waiting for the first customers.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Our stand from the front.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

My gosh, Bernie, have you increased your table size? Looks like more than when we were over. Produce looks wonderful.

Maxine

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Bernie - impressive!

I has started raining - a nice steady rain without much wind. If the gauge does not agree with the local reports on todays amount I will reposition it.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Yes, quite a bit more than years back. We had a bunch of us getting ready yesterday. Still ran out of some things. 4 adults & the 2 grandkids almost couldn't keep up to the customers. GD, who is 7 spend over an hour just fill baskets with beans! Sold about 7, 5 gallon pails full.
Tomatoes sold for $1 to $2 each. Couldn't keep the table full.
New market manager this year & she is getting the customers there. Lots of new advertising of all kinds.
Our market is the place to be in Mankato on Saturday mornings. Used to be a good crowd from 9:30 to 10:30. Now it starts right at 8 & goes strong until noon.
Tiring, but lots of fun. Time goes by fast when you are busy!

Sunny, 80º at 6PM. Rain again Monday, maybe.

Received some Iris in the mail today from DG'er in Nebraska. They were for postage. Nice looking plants. Nice perk because of DG.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Checked the gauge awhile ago had gained .2 in. to .5 in total the checked the nearest reporting station from weather underground (Wertz, Va.) their total for the day at that point was .22 in - guess I will not have to adjust the gauge.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hot and very humid today. Mostly sunny with a slight breeze.

Zinna, glad, fountain grass and swamp milkweed in the background.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

We had a small amount of rain this morning, though it ended at 9 and didn't interfere with any of the day's plans. The temperature was still pleasant, in the lower 80s, but will go back to the upper 80s and more humidity over the coming days. It was nice while it lasted.

Picked some elderberries to go in with blackberries for a dessert.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bernie that looks amazingly good!
Top Notch!!

WEIRD weather day for us!
It was 85° and sunny here H.I. 90
We went up to Joyce's place, about 30 miles north.
It started raining the last ten miles, pouring the last 2.
Rained for about 20 minutes and the temp dropped to the mid 60's.
My sister, who lives 4 miles from Joyce, called and said it had just stopped raining there.
It barely rained at her house for about 5 minutes.
1/2 way home the temps were back in the mid 80's.
Never saw a drop here.

Ric

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Very hot here and no wind. I'm watering the garden every day and the lawn in the morning. We had birthday party yesterday and had a very good time, but it was a bit windy. We celebrated our friend Marta with a couple of friends, all Cici's colleagues from work.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still spitting rain here - to dark to see the gauge.

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

This message was edited Aug 1, 2010 3:00 AM

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

70° and cool. It's really wet tho. We'll have a high of 88° I slept in till almost 5:00 am again! These cool nights make me hibernate I think :o)

Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 65°
Pressure: 29.93 in
Visibility: 5.0 mi
UV Index: 0 - Low
Sunrise Information: Daylight Remaining: 14 hrs 19 min
Through 12 pm: Mostly sunny with temperatures warming rapidly into the low to middle 80s. Winds light and variable.

Dyson, I'm a day late for the final guage tally. Hope there's more in it by now! Ahhh, it is raining! May it fill the guage!

Bernie, your glads are glorious! See why people go crazy for them? You have a lovely family and they sure put in their time. I hope the kids want to follow in your footsteps. Your display has just enough color and plenty of food to chose from. I don't know what your competitors look like, but your set-up looks pretty good!

Hi Maxine!

Pepper, I just ''found'' swamp milkweed a couple of weeks ago and it broke as I was pulling on the bloom. AND the whole thing pulled out. Well, what was I going to do. Toss it? I planted the root AND I stuck the bloom into the ground beside it. The root has put out leaves and believe it or not so is the bloom!! It must have been stressed fron riding in the jeep till we got home and sent out distress roots. So, now I will have two plants. I love it. It's in the ditches all over around here. Nice combo in your picture!

Sunfarm, there's no mistaking elderberries. They always remind me of my great aunt.

Ric, LOL over the weather. I remember standing in the yard at home when I was little. It was raining lightly and I walked right out of it as I headed for the swingset.

Adina, life picked right back up again didn't it :o) There';s nothing like a birthday celebration with friends!

Dyson, cool! I'm one who has to have all the clocks set at the right time, LOL! I carry my watch with me to set them for the time change.

We took a long jeep ride yesterday so I didn't get much more done than hanging two loads of clothes. It was perfect weather! We had the small "Flintstone" top on, but no doors. We ended up in Kalona, Amish country, and I carefully took barn pictures. They don't want their pictures taken.

But first, I finally caught the hummer! Can you find him?

Thumbnail by billyporter
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread for August is here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1120032/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.