July Weather - Last 12 days

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Low of 73 overnight, terribly humid, and climbing to the upper 90s. Heat advisory this afternoon and tomorrow. Ugh! I'm staying in.
Pepper, a friend complained yesterday of something eating her clematis; it has to be the blister beetles that found a flower in my garden too tasty to resist last week. I doubt that is the problem with yours, as your foliage appears wilted instead of chewed up.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

80°

Details for Friday, July 23
A mix of clouds and sun. A stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. Heat index near 105F. High 97F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Evening: A stray thunderstorm is possible through the evening. Some clouds. Low 74F. Winds light and variable.

Bright & Clear, no sign of moisture on the RADAR. Since I am not working I may as well go to the hardware store for that rain gauge.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sunfarm, do stay in!

Dyson, good idea. Joey needs a guage too and I told her to just run over and check yours :o)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ric: isn't it nice to get everything organized? --a place for everything and everything in its place but the question is: How long will it stay that way? LOL
Adina: what a precious photo of Nicholas! I'll check out the article when I finish here.
Pepper: good advice from Celia on the "rose". :o))
Celia: I think I could consent to riding in that car, even if it is pink!! LOL
Sunfarm: your weather sounds like mine!
BP: thanks for the bouquet! It is lovely! :o))
Dyson: did you get the rain gauge?

The sprinkler is going as I type. I kept it going almost all day yesterday but I turned it down low so as not to get outside the flower beds and I move it around frequently. As I said, it took me almost all day yesterday to cover the front flower beds and part of the back. Now I am watering the rose bed in the back yard.
It seems that several of us are sharing the same weather! Relief is in sight, though, at least for those of us in Arkansas--via Tropical Storm Bonnie. By Monday and Tuesday we will have a 50% chance of rain. It's just too bad it has taken a Tropical Storm for us to get any relief. This will not be good for the folks along the gulf coast.
# Today: Sunny. Hot. Heat index near 105F. High 98F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tonight: Mostly clear. Low near 75F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone!!

Just can't keep up, but nice pink on the vet! I don't like pink either but it does work!

I guess the tropical storm is barely even that, the winds are only at 40mph and it's supposed to either stay the same or weaken a little, so it may just be a regular storm by the time we get it. I hope we get some rain out of it and it doesn't fizzle completely, the weather liars can't tell this far out anyway.

It's hot, I was watering my next door neighbors ferns in her front flowerbed about 6:30pm yesterday and saw something move, thought it was a lizard so didn't pay much attention until it moved again, a baby snake, dirt brown with very obvious markings. I dropped the hose and ran back to my house to get Dave for a positive ID and to kill it. It was a baby Copperhead, Dave thinks it was about 1 month old, it's tail had a little bit of blue on the tip. YIKES Dave then said that I needed to text her and tell her what we found, and there will be no more watering at or after dusk and no walking back and forth between houses in the grass after it gets too dark to see. So I text her and told her all about it. Hopefully there won't be anymore but when there's one baby, there's usually more somewhere.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It's already 82° (Heat Index 88°) at 9:30AM.
Heading for 97° w/ a H.I. of 105° or more!
The plants are loving this Deep South stuff....US..... not so much! LOL!

I love the construction and the using.
Organizing.... least favorite part.... ;-)

Thumbnail by henryr10
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the weather right now geee!

Today: Sunny and hot, with a high near 94. Heat index values as high as 102. South wind between 14 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph

As yesterday is worst one so I stay inside for almost a week and I m not feel well that it keep coming back again....

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

New temp thingy says just over 90°

Thumbnail by Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Rain gauge is up

Thumbnail by Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still no moisture in the gauge - figures

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Maybe the batteries are bad?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

92° (Heat Index 106°)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

if rain falls we will have some - if not it will remain dry - i am no expert but i am fairly certain of this.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Dyson!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL Dyson!!

Thanks all for the info on the rose. I will head out there as soon as I finish this post and clip it at the very least. I can't pull it without pulling the whole rose out. I tried that the other day. lol

I cut my clematis back yesterday then soaked my pruners in bleach. Next time it will be 2 maybe 3 dips in bleach then done. They now have rust on the tips and I had to put veggie oil on them to get them to move. I will have to keep oiling them. They are my brand new Felcos so I gotta baby them. lol.

Weather: Hot, humid, sunny, and breezy. Chances of rain starting tomorrow then a couple days off then rain from whatever is left of Bonnie.

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 7a)

ROTFLOL I keep giggling over you all!!!

Everything seems to love the coneflowers these days. Don't look if you don't like the spiders.

"Come on! I can take ya!"

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We had a 1/4" of rain the other afternoon.
I went over and added 2" of water to Jon's gauge.......
He got a kick out of it...;-)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Ric - that is just wrong.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

74°, We had thunder at 1:30 am. It didn't rain till 3:30 am and is just finishing, for now, at 5:30 am. It poured! Yesterday afternoon it also poured and we got 8/10'' in an hour. We'll have a high of 84° and hopefully this is the cool front that was supposed to move in.

Marsue, I quote that all the time!! I like to be able to find things.

Wow Chrissy! Dangerous snake!

Ric, nice place to sit!

Rusty, it's too bad you can't shake what's making you feel bad. Staying in is a good idea.

Dyson, love the temp thingy! I haven't seen one like it before. You can read the guage from the house, fill 'er up!

Ric and Dyson, LOL!

Pepper, nice butterfly picture. I can't find a butterfly that will sit still for more than a moment!

Celia, giggling over the spider! I have a spider folder, and bee, bugs, and reptiles folders :o)

Ric, ROTFL!! DH did that to our neighbor once. It sure is funny!

I still hear thunder at 5:50 am. Can't wait to see what we got in the guage. I'll take a picture for you Dyson so you will know how your's is supposed to work.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Gauge is still dry : (

79°

Details for Saturday, July 24
Mostly sunny. Near record high temperatures. Heat index near 105F. High 99F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Evening: A stray thunderstorm is possible through the evening. Clear to partly cloudy. Low around 75F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2010 8:34 AM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

ROFLOL at Dyson and Ric!!
Celia: wow, that camera of yours surely does get some good close-ups! I had a spider like that on one of my flowers last year but my pic didn't come out nearly as good as yours!
Pepper: nice BF pic.
BP: it looks like I am going to have to come up there and kick some of those rain clouds down here!

# Today: Sunshine and clouds mixed. Hot. Heat index near 110F. High 99F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tonight: Partly cloudy skies. Low around 75F. Winds light and variable.

Tropical Storm Bonnie has been downgraded to Tropical Depression Bonnie. It looks as if we won't be getting much rain, if any, after all. :o((

(Zone 7a)

Mau, I love my camera. I have a huge wish list of accessories for it. LOL

Today is Pioneer Day in Utah. Also, called the Days of '47.

Pioneer Days celebrates the arrival of Brigham Young and his fellow Mormons coming over the mountains into Utah in 1847 and creating their settlement. It's a day for fireworks, picnics, camping, parades, flying the flag...wait...that's just like another day this month!!! We also have reenactments of the trek with the handcarts, wagons. etc...wearing the same clothing they wore. It's a week-long trek, if I remember correctly.

Hot today. 94º and sunny.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

If anyone needs it - I have a zip file - Motorola phone tools - for downloading your photos from your phone to your computer.

95° Sunny, Clear, Hot.

Details for Saturday, July 24
Plenty of sunshine. Near record high temperatures. High 96F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Evening: A stray thunderstorm is possible through the evening. Generally clear. Low near 75F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Here's my spider-- trying to make me think he is an insect with only six legs.
92° and still climbing. I don't want to know what the heat index is.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

So much for the mountains being cooler... phaattt!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Dyson, maybe that thunderstorm will stray your way :o)

Marsue, you'll have to kick pretty hard :o)

Celia, you're all set for Christmas, LOL! I'm glad to be wearing shorts, but I see how the long clothes are better for chores!

Sunfarm, smiling over your ''insect.'' He's pretty sneaky!

Hi Darius! We're all in the same boat this year.

This isn't counting the 8/10'' we got yesterday morning.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2010 4:57 AM

Thumbnail by billyporter
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

It's meat!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: I promise not to repeat what I said over at "the other place" about the re-enactment clothing. :o]

LOL at Darius!

Hooray for canned deer meat--I suppose! (I've never had any--I try not to eat deer meat--I was scarred for life after seeing "Bambi". LOL)

I'm not even going to go look at the thermometer. I don't want to know how hot it is on my back porch!!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

warm

Thumbnail by Dyson

Warm is to mild of a word for how hot it got here. It got so hot and humid that my glasses fogged up when I went outside. No breeze either. I also ended up with a headache cause I forgot my sunglasses this morning when we went to town. My nephew didn't help matters by being a screaming grouch today. LOL. Had storms roll in here around 5pm. I think another round may be on the way but don't know for sure.

Coneflower bed is beat down from all the rain we've had.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

92° (Heat Index 106°) was the high.
We're still at 83° (Heat Index 90°) at 9:15!

We 'might' see some rain tomorrow.
It appears from the radar, see Dyson's post, a band is moving down from the north and west.
Doubt it will hold together long enough to reach us.

Ric

My pic didn't go thru. Hmmm....

Ok, trying again.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

More rain here last night. 1½".
Sunny most of today for market. Great market.

Local town had parade at 5PM today. It goes right by DD house so sat in her front yard & watched it. 2 Hrs. Nice parade.

Very tired, think I will head for a bed soon.

Bernie

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Ric from the looks of the national radar you will get some moisture.

Thumbnail by Dyson
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Looked good Dyson until it stalled out about 50 miles north of us..... Boo!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Ric do not give up - it is headed more east than south but -

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

The best chance has now shifted to 9AM....
Never give up! LOL!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

when you are done with it - send it down here - please

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

68° with a high of 84°. The air is so cool, even tho it's wet.
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 64°
Pressure: 30.05 in
Visibility: 10.0 mi
UV Index: 0 - Low
Sunrise Information: Daylight Remaining: 14 hrs 33 min

Marsue, canned with a bouillion cube it tastes like beef, so go ahead and have cow instead.

Dyson, the rain isn't coming is it?

Pepper, the nice thing about finally needing to wear glasses is that you get the tinted ones and never forget your shades again! Kids and hot weather do not mix! Your coneflowers are looking good!

Bernie, what a great way to spend an an evening and family!

We don't need anymore rain. I hope everyone else does get some.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.