July Weather - Last 12 days

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

72°
Raining at the west side of the I-275 Loop and appears to be building in strength.
We're on the southeast side..... we'll see....

Ric

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Same forecast--umpteenth verse :o(( only difference is the small chance of rain

# Today: Scattered clouds with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm developing this afternoon. Heat index near 105F. High 96F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
# Tonight: Variable clouds with thunderstorms, especially early. Humid. Low around 75F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

80°

Details for Sunday, July 25
A few isolated thunderstorms developing this afternoon. A few storms may be severe. Heat index near 105F. High 99F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Evening: Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms possible. A few storms may be severe. Low 74F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

30% ? give me a break

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny this morning. 62º
Took lots of pictures of parade. This one was interesting. Local welding shop made up this Redneck hot tub.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

An old timer farmer rebuilt this Ford pickup. He joins our coffee group almost everyday.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

He was following along on this tractor. He built the grader blade set-up.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's one for you 'vette lovers. Real nice car!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Nice pics Bernie ! Thank you.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This horse could dance rock & roll.
It is the horse with the girl rider. I thought I had a better picture.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Then there is always the clown car. Friends who are 50 years old said it has been in parades as long as they can remember.
It goes mostly on the rear wheels, belches smoke, backfires, & even shoots a stream of water no & then.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Another of it.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well the rain slid about 10 miles north of us...... lol!
The almost the entire State had a band run through but us...
We're OK groundwise, it's the containers that will need tending to...
Most have saucers under them so basically we just need to fill them up.

Lower temps today. Not cool but not in the 90's either.

Sun's back out.

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bernie those shots are Wonderful!
Not to be condescending, it's GREAT to see small town parades.
Reminds me of my childhood hometown.

Robyn would 'severely maim' for that Vette!
There's a turquoise/white one we see every so often.
The owner is taking his life in his hands when driving by us!.... LOL!

Dyson I hope you get the rain NOT the severe weather!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Art has taken on a new meaning for me since I have been here. The new masters frequent this site. And enrich the world, often without knowing it.

Sincerely

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Weather is perfect right now. 81, mostly cloudy and just cool. I need to go out and do some work but most of my weeding is under control except in the veggie garden. The garden is bout done for the season and when it is I will probably lay newspaper down and a truckload of mulch. Or maybe skip the newspaper and just do mulch. lol

Wild Senna blooming.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ah, yes, the parade is alive and well in small-town America. We have our Homecoming Parade every year in the fall. It includes all the school bands (jr and sr), homecoming princesses and queens, beauty queens, local dance and gymnastics studios, and what have you and don't forget the horseback riders who always bring up the rear (for obvious reasons).
I enjoyed the photos, Bernie. Was there any particular reason for the parade--such as celebrating mid-summer, etc.?

Ric: my DG friend, Duckmother, would really like the garden art in your first photo!

Still hot, still no rain but clouds are moving in so hopefully. . . .

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still no rain in the thing-a-ma-bobber : (

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

77°F ........ Beautiful afternoon here with blue skies and clouds. Quite a treat after the 90's and high humidity we've had the past week. We received over 2.5" of rain the past few days and the rain barrels are full. Won't have to water for a while!

Bernie..........I enjoyed the photos. Big parade here next Saturday. There sure has been a lot of rough weather in Minn. this spring and summer. You've been fortunate that your area hasn't been hit.

Ric........Your yard looks like it's in Costa Rica!

Photo: recent farm country sunset.......

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Every town has a celebration.
Usually Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Parade sometime Saturday.
Towns go to parade in other towns to promote theirs. Fire trucks rotate around, too. About 15 different towns represented yesterday. All volunteer outfits.
Of course about 10 guys running for sheriff were in the parade, too.

Ain't this cool!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Wedding Carriage!

We just stepped outside to watch the local Fireman's Festival Fireworks.
Each year the festival raises about $75,000 for new equipment.
Awesome party!

All the yard art shown is at Joan's garden.
The secret is to allow the artists to sell at your sale... then you get free art! lol!
But first you have to have a big clientele attending.

Tropical gardens can be done several ways.
Tropicman (Don) has almost entirely covered his yard in Tropicals.
So each year you set up and break down.

We fill in the yard tight and heavy w/ big perennials.
Many like Bamboo, Petasites and the Jumbo Hosta trick your eye into seeing a jungle like setting.
Then add big or exotic looking EE's, Canna and Bananas... the affect is complete.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

68° with a high of 84°. Right now I have my flannel shirt thrown over my shoulders. The North breeze is pretty cool :o)
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 65°
Pressure: 30.12 in
Visibility: 10.0 mi
UV Index: 0 - Low
Sunrise Information: Time Until Sunrise: 0 hrs 50 min

Bernie, who doesn't love a small home town parade! A guy down my gravel road has an Oliver tractor. He rides in parades and the tractorcade. Those were great pictures! We haven't had a parade in Nichols since the bi-centennial celebration. That's sad :o(

Ric, love the sculptures!

Pepper, nice to see wildflowers and shrub in yards. I'll bet it's a spot of color when you round the corner.

Dyson, how sad to get a new toy and it doesn't work.

Hi Early! Love the colors in your sunset! It's always nice to see a silo, for some reason. Love the lightning rods!

Bernie, very cool! Every little girl and a few bigger girls wish they were riding in the carriage!

Ric, I'd say you have your yard fairly well down for the tropics!

Yesterday was gorgeous! It was hot in the sun and I poured a little sweat mowing, but I can enjoy it today! I got up early so I wouldn't miss any of it. I contemplated getting up at 3:00 am just because I woke up and it was so quiet.

I was ''screaming fit'' towards the end of mowing. We have biting flies. More than I've ever seen! They were hitting me in the legs and arms every 5 seconds. I wish I had had a tail! I even came in and had a washrag bath. It didn't work They got me in the next year too, but not quite as bad. I Googled them and found they come from the same environment as mosquitos. We have deerfly, stable fly and horsefly. Not much you can do about it.

I found this while enlarging a flower bed. It's in the same yard I found two halves of a horse, years apart. I didn't find the rest of the toy yet and most likely won't. I think he's a fireman.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

The other side.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

It is great to know that hometown parades still bring enjoyment after so many things in our lives have changed or been lost.
The line of thundershowers that stretched across Kentucky (at least from Bardstown east as far as the radar showed into West Virginia) brought us 0.81" of rain in a bit under two hours. The best part was that the temperature dropped 15 degrees and stayed in the 70s overnight.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It's wonderful outside today.
73° light breeze.... AHHHHHHHHHHHH..

We started paving the driveway

Thumbnail by henryr10
noonamah, Australia

It's interesting reading through this thread and seeing how weather is really relative. It's mid summer over there but here it's mid winter now. The minimum temperature this morning was 25.9C (78.6F). The maximum today was 36.5C (97.7F). UV index was up to 9. Clear sunny skies and windy.

A photo of dawn at my place the other morning.

Thumbnail by tropicbreeze
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

It's gorgeous here at 81°! We ran down to Conesville to see if the stand we get melons at are open. Her husband died last fall and I wasn't sure she would. She was and we got a muskmelon and watermelon. Dad was here, so we took him with us and bought him a muskmelon. (His Dad grew and sold them when Dad was a kid. Back when you strapped all of them to the car to get to the next town.)

Sunfarm, love blue butterflies!

Ric, driveway with the round pavers or am I missing the big picture? :o)

Welcome Tropic Breeze! It is all relative :o) Mid winter, interesting! Beautiful sky and love the fronds!!

(Zone 7a)

Welcome, Tropicbreeze!

I had to google earth Noonamah, Australia. 97º in Winter? What's it like in Summer?

We have 97º today, as well.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

93°

Details for Monday, July 26 (Evening)
Evening: Mainly cloudy. Humid. Low 71F. Winds light and variable.

Gauge Dry.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Dyson, take down the gauge and it might rain. Put it back up and it will quit. LOL

Hotter than it was supposed to be today but not too bad. High 80s for a high with heat index in the low 90s. This afternoon scattered storms rolled thru the area though we only got rain at the house. Some storms had 50mph winds.

Liatris and Penstemon blooming.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I read on Facebook a little bit ago that Kiska's (Jackie) husband, Frank, had a heart attack last night. He is in ICU at the hospital in Palmer but Jackie said he was doing better. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers, please.

EB: nice sunset with the silos in silhouette!
Bernie: love the Cinderella carriage!
BP: yum--melons!
Celia: love the 'Vette!
BP: neat toy!
Sunfarm: pretty butterfly
Ric: paving the driveway with round pavers?
Pepper: lol at the "reverse psychology" on Dyson's rain gauge.

FINALLY--WE GOT RAIN!! Can you believe it? I think it has been almost a month since I have had any rain at my house although other parts of the state have had several rainshowers in the last few weeks.
It rained for about an hour but it is still overcast and I can hear the occasional clap of thunder in the distance. We might possible get some more rain tonight and "they" say that we have a good chance of getting more rain tomorrow afternoon.

Rain clouds in the distance before it actually started raining. The sun was still shining at my house when I took this photo.

Thumbnail by marsue
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

FINALLY--WE GOT RAIN!! here, too! very pour and my dogs got all wet for that, lol....

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Excellent Rusty!

Bone dry here....

Yes we inherited a bunch of 24" round pavers.
We'll be doing a pattern as we slowly bring them down from Springboro.
To set the first four we spray painted around the tires....lol!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

70° with a high of 90°
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 67°
Pressure: 30.04 in
Visibility: 10.0 mi
UV Index: 0 - Low
Sunrise Information: Time Until Sunrise: 1 hrs 0 min

Celia, someone is interested in the Corvette :o)

Dyson, just add water.

Pepper, LOL, good idea! Glad you missed the wind. Nice combo and two of my favorite flowers :o)

Marsue, thanks for the news on Frank. That's too bad. I certainly will say a prayer. I'm glad you finally got rain!! Nice picture of the clouds!

Rusty, good rain for you too!

Ric, nice pavers to inherit! Laughing over setting the stones! Perfect!

I was out yesterday working on enlarging the latest flower bed and helping weed in the garden. Didn't find any more treasures. We pulled carrots and I got a large baggie-ful of them. It was warmer here too, but still nice. I guess the cool weather wasn't to last all week.

It's a colorful bug

Thumbnail by billyporter
Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

BP. that is a colorful bug! Does it have wings folded?
Only 85 yesterday here, with fog this morning. Good chance of showers today.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

# Today: Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms possible. Humid. High 91F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
# Tonight: Isolated thunderstorms early, then partly cloudy after midnight. Humid. Low 74F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Friday is demanding to go outside RIGHT NOW--I'll BBL

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Dyson... I agree w/billyporter: you need to 'prime' the gauge!

noonamah, Australia

Thanks everyone. If you look at Google Earth you can see my place at 12 degrees 38 mins 52 secs south, 131 degrees 6 mins 43 secs east. The Google image is from 2 June 2005, in the dry season.

You probably realise that position is fairly close to the equator, hence year round warm temperatures. Our hottest period is spring. That's when the sun comes directly overhead. Summer time the sun goes to our south. Also that's our monsoon season, so a lot of cloud and rain. Although, between the rain it's still pretty hot and humid.

Hope you all get your rain, here we're still a few months away from it. Rain water is so much better than tap water. I've always belived it's the oxygen absorbed into the rain that plants respond well to.

Today went from a low of 23.8C (74.8F) to a maximum of 35.6C (96.1F) . Quite sunny through the day but heavy cloud in the evening. That has made the evening quite warm.

noonamah, Australia

How to get it to rain?
Hang out the laundry.
Wash the car.
Leave the car windows down.
Go out without an umbrella or rain coat.

Any of those can bring on a sudden downpour.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Tropic--we crossed.

Back inside now. I spent about 30 minutes pulling weeds. The ground is soft after our rain last night--we had a good rain last night--about 2 hours worth of a good soaking rain. It is still overcast which makes it cooler. It was 70 on my back porch at 6 a.m. which was the coolest low temp. we have had in some time! Currently 75F.

Neat looking bug, BP. Do you have an ID on it?

Another pretty butterfly, Sunfarm.

As of a few minutes ago, Jackie had not posted anything further on FB about Frank but it is still early in her part of the world. Perhaps we will hear something from her in a little bit.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2010 7:56 AM

(Zone 7a)

TB, that's how we get it to rain., too! LOL This is what worked for us yesterday...we got everything watered.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.