July Weather - Last 12 days

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Wow! Look what I have missed, spiders, Pioneer Days (Celia I heard they had a fireworks display malfunction in Salt Lake, were the fireworks for this festival?) parades, butterflies, and hot winters.

LOL Tropic that's about right!

We got RAIN, a flash flood even! It was wonderful, everything was dripping when I left for work this morning! Woo HOOOOO!!!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Lots of prayers going out to Jackie and Frank. I hate to hear that.

(Zone 7a)

Yes, they were for the festival. A large rocket blew prematurely and set off 3 others into the crowd. Ten people were hurt but not badly. This is the 3rd in one month. Six people were hurt but not badly in the last one at the 4th of July celebration.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Quoting:
if rain falls we will have some - if not it will remain dry

My dad says, "If this rain keeps up, it won't come down."

The past couple days have been un-Californian. It has been cloudy in the mornings and staying below 70F. I guess I should say un southern Californian. That would be normal in San Francisco.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on July 27, 2010
75 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 50%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the SSE

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

BP, I have an identification of your colorful bug-- Ailanthus Webworm Moth (Atteva punctella). I just happened to spot a picture in my field guide while looking for something else that I couldn't find. I'll post a picture of that and maybe somebody can help me.

Got about 0.18" rain this morning and a splash more about suppertime, though a nearby town had about 6" and flooded streets.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Hey ric..........While you're in Springboro, stop in for a visit!

early_bloomer

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hot and still humid but not too bad. It'll get worse as the week goes on. More rain on the way too.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Love to e_b!
Unfortunately it's Springboro, OH.... LOL!
Not as exotic as Springboro, PA but closer.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pretty moth, Sumfarm. You might try posting it over on the big ID forum.
Nice butterfly, Pepper.

Jackie posted on FB that Frank will be getting a stent today. There was evidently a 70% blockage in one of his arteries but they will be taking care of it with a stent. So much better than having a by-pass!

We are going to get hotter as the week goes on with temps up to 100F by Saturday! :o(( Rain chances are getting slimmer, too.

# Tonight: Partly cloudy. Low 74F. Winds light and variable.
# Tomorrow: Some clouds and possibly an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. Humid. Heat index near 105F. High 94F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

77° with a high of 86°. It's cloudy now and we may get rain later. I worked on the butterfly bed and got it as large as it's going to be. It's ready to move the thorn grabbing rose into this fall.

Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 74°
Pressure: 29.97 in
Visibility: 9.0 mi
UV Index:0 - Low Sunrise
Time Until Sunrise: 0 hrs 18 min

Sunfarm, I think he does. Bugs, I don't know very well, so I don't even know what he is. I love the sun pattern on the tiger.

Darius ''prime'' was the word I needed. Thanks!

Tropic, we have had our share of rain in Iowa. I haven't had to water all spring and it's not usually like this. July and August used to be the dormant crunchy grass and the last two years we have been green under the snow till spring. You forgot about washing the windows and screens. The more you windows you wash the heavier it rains and the more screens you clean, the wind blows too :o)

Marsue, finally, some relief for you! No ID on the bug. It sounds good for Frank so far. She'll most likely post the test results today.

Woo Hooo for Chrissy!!

Celia, that doesn't sound good for those who pack the fireworks in the first place. That was my cousin's job in California.

Kelli, your Dad is so funny!!

Sunfarm, Thanks! I'll Google him to see if he's a friendly bug! Well, there he is! We do have a Tree Of Heaven in town if they haven't cut it down yet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ailanthus_webworm What a pretty little moth.

Pepper, I'm seeing a lot of the Pearl Cresents. I love their orange coloration!

Marsue, thanks for Franks update!

It's 6:30 am and I need to walk.

Blanche Sandman Honeysuckle

Thumbnail by billyporter
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

69º
Sunny.
Lower dew point.
Rain last evening. Don't count how much anymore. Just check the field to see if tractor will get stuck in the mud.
Crops are growing wildly.
So are the weeds. They can go from 2 inches to 2 feet in a matter of days!
Very hot yesterday. It slowed our market a bit. I had 3 boxes of tomatoes & sold out before any other vendor. Mine are twice the price of another vendor. Doesn't seem to matter. People know our quality is very high.
Might take it a bit easy today. Only a small market to do late in the afternoon. We have nearly enough left from yesterday to cover this market.
My son will be picking new Gladiolus though. They sell great here for some reason.

Bernie

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Two thunderstorms here yesterday, though we got only 0.03" from the evening one that dumped about 6" on a nearby town and caused severe localized flooding.

BP, glad I could help with the moth ID. I will check out the white lacy one. It was tiny and very pretty, lace-like, once I took a close look. Also saw this gorgeous dragonfly yesterday

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Bernie, that's great! We saw how nice your tomatoes were and the care that goes into them! I saw Glads in someone's yard today because my eye was drawn to the color. Glads are neat!

Sunfarm, it was very pretty and lacy! He is a beauty! I love the two wingers and wonder if they fly better :o)

I walked with the camera today. Didn't see much. "Interesting to me only" pictures. I did have to laugh over this one.

Main Street Nichols, where someone had a wild time in front of the tavern!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, BP!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

81° & 3/10 of an inch in the gauge from yesterdays showers.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Ric.......I was just kidding..........those pavers would be a bit pricey if you drove all the way over here for them. Yeah......It's very exotic here........(he says while rolling eyes)

early_bloomer

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

No thunderstorms near us, though they were scattered across Kentucky this evening. Temp topped out at 87, with high humidity.
I did manage to identify the moth; aptly named "large lace-border" though with a wingspan of less than an inch I would not call it large.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Reserved our cabin at Prizer Point for KY RU in Sept. Went down in price from last year.

Local market was a little slow today. I hope that isn't going to be a trend!

Dyson, is that showers from your watering can or from the sky? You were getting a little desperate there for a bit. :~p LOL

Hot, humid, yadda, yadda. Nothing new. LOL. Only new thing is chasing a couple cows back into a neighbor's pasture on the way home from work. Honked the horn a few times and one went thru the fence but the other one kept running and ended up next door in their neighbor's field. Since it wasn't the road I called it good and called my mom and told her to call our neighbor since they work at the same place and let her know.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

The last two days it has rained heavily where I work in Roanoke - yet we have gotten little in Rocky Mount.

Friday I till for some fall vegetable plantings.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sunny what a lovely Widow Skimmer!

BP that certainly is small town rural America.
Love the elevators right on the edge of the main drag!

We hit some rain on the way back from Urbana.
Mostly we could just see it in the distance.
Finally near home it opened up raining hard..... and closed a 1/2 mile from our place....lol!

Picked up a new EE today.
Bargain price, rare find, especially for a rural GH.

That's Robyn w/ Sue's daughter.

Thumbnail by henryr10
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

65° with a chilly North breeze. I have my flannel shirt on and a hot cup of coffee to warm me up! We'll have a high of 85°
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 60°
Pressure: 30.11 in
Visibility: 10.0 mi
UV Index: 0 - Low
Sunrise Information: Time Until Sunrise: 1 hrs 7 min

Dyson, 3/10'' isn't bad.

Early, LOL over exotic.

Sunfarm, I love to know names of things. Glad you found it!

Bernie, market will pick back up!

Pepper, I'd say good on the cows too :o) I didn't get zinnias planted this year. They are so pretty!

Dyson, maybe you should take your guage over to Roanoke :o)

Ric, very small. It got even smaller uptown, when the old bank building fell in. The bins look close don't they? There is another block between them and uptown, but they do greet you coming in to town. Two lovely ladies and a nice EE!

I spent all day outside yesterday. Hot in the sun, nice in the shade! It thundered in the North, then the East but no rain for us!

It's going to be a lot cooler today with the wind out of the North. They said so!

Crop duster.

Thumbnail by billyporter
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I'm getting a Weather Forecasting Stone:

Forecasting Stone

Condition: Forecast

Stone is Wet: Rain
Stone is Dry: Not Raining
Shadow on Ground: Sunny
White on Top: Snowing
Can’t see Stone: Foggy
Swinging Stone: Windy
Stone Jumping Around: Earthquake
Stone Gone: Tornado

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

ROFLOL!!!!! Darius!

Dyson, Hope that you get something to go into your guage!

Ric! Wow! Love the new EE! It must be rare...never seen one like it!

Hi! All! ((((waving))))

Thumbnail by music2keep
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well after 13 months of unemployment I was recalled.
Start back to work Monday!

Ric

(Zone 7a)

Yeeeeeeeeeeea!!!!!!!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

HOT - & - Dry

Congratulations Ric! Still only getting 32 Hours a week here, but thankful I am still working.

Since I am off tomorrow I am going to till enough to direct seed some broccoli.

Care to all.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

ric.........that's great news! Post your phone number. We'll all give you an early morning wake-up call on Monday! That's an impressive EE!

Joey!!!!!!! How are you??????

I bought some old wooden window screens at a yard sale for .25 cents, covered them with iridescent shimmering fabric and hung them from my birch trees. They are in deep shade all day and come alive when the late day sun hits them.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

A closer view.....

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

We've been having good (i.e. not overly hot) weather.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on July 29, 2010
79 °F
Clear
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 53 °F
Wind: Calm

Since we've got some craftsmen here, I'll post some pictures of stone and brickwork at some house that have burned down. I'm no judge of what is good or not, so I'm just guessing about the quality.

This house was built in 1903 and burned down in 2007 - average quality stonework I would say.

Thumbnail by Kelli

House builit in 1950s, burned down in 1982, fire again in 2007
Patio or indoor room, don't know - very good stonework

This message was edited Jul 29, 2010 1:44 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

Same house
Fireplace - good quality; top of chimey - average to above average; middle of chimney (not exposed when house was intact?) - sloppy

Thumbnail by Kelli

Bathroom floor holding up, all things considered. (I love this floor.)

Thumbnail by Kelli
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

The house built in 1950's looks more like Formstone or Perma-Stone and not real stone. It was quite easy to work and gave a neat appearance.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Great pics everyone! I hope I catch up with you soon...I've been busy writing another article and also at the office and with the garden.
It was very cold this week, but today has started to warm up again. No rain , so I'm watering everyday.
Here;s anew picture of Nicholas, with his new hat!LOL

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Not as humid today though temps still reached low 90s. Still hot but bearable.

Ric, is that ee Metallica? Mine didn't survive winter and I gave all my pups away last year. LOL. It looked similar to yours.

Heart of the Jungle elephant ear.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi everyone. It's hot and humid but that's nothing new here in the midwest this time of year. We are way ahead on rainfall this year. My garden likes it but I'm worried about the shallow roots that my plants have grown. Strong winds with a storm could easily injure them. Just wondering about the upcoming month of August and what we will have in store then for weather.
Cuckoo

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

E_B I just might do that!
I have to be at work at 7AM.... lol!

Pep I thought it was Metalica but it doesn't match up w/ the one I have.
I'll have to look into it.

Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

70° and cloudy with a high of 78° and 50% chance of T-storms.

Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 65°
Pressure: 30.02 in
Visibility: 10.0 mi
UV Index: 0 - Low
Sunrise Information: Daylight Remaining: 14 hrs 10 min

Darius, what? You don't have one yet? LOL!

Joey!! What a nice suprise to see you here!! ~ ~ ~ back! I love the red heart in the Hibiscus!

Ric, I was just thinking about you being out of work yesterday, as I was working in the yard. I'm so hapy for you!! 13 months is a long

time.

Dyson, I hope your job picks up too. At least you'll eat :o)

Early, smiling over the wake-up call. Unless I oversleep like today, he'll be up pretty early. Wow, what a neat idea for the frames. You are

so talented!! The split rail fence is just bonus. Really pretty up close!

Kelli, glad you get to have cool weather! Love the second picture! It would be neat to incorporate that into a newer house! Neat fireplace

in spite of the sloppy! Cool floor!! I'd love to se it after a good hard rain cleans off the dirt!

Darius, I didn't know that about stonework.

Adina, you can't help but break into a huge smile with him. His new hat is really cute and so is he!!

Pepper, love the name of your EE :o) It looks good standing alone.

Cuckoo, glad your back!! Same worries here on the shallow roots. I was watering fall asters and a few phlox last night. We did have a

windy storm that knocked everything over last week. I was also tying up yesterday since they aren't picking themselves up.

I need to get out and walk before it rains. It's a ways away, but that doesn't always mean no pop-ups.

noonamah, Australia

Well, no rain over this way, not that I'd mind if it did. July is nearly at an end, tomorrow's the last day. So for us we're on the pathway out of winter, although August is still officially winter. Today we started off with a minimum of 19.9C (67.8F) and with a nice sunny day got up to a maximum of 36.2C (97.2F). Late afternoon it clouded up a lot but there's no thought of rain for another couple of months yet. Until then it's all automatic irrigation.

Thumbnail by tropicbreeze

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.