SEED ROBIN IN FLIGHT "ROUND 3"

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Received the RR box today.
Hail storm last night & power has been off & on since
then. Gives me a chance to go thru the box w/o guilt :)

Will update when I send.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Question for whomever put the Japanese Yew into the
box. Is this an upright yew or a spreading one?

Hopefully can get an answer by tomorrow & get the box
back out by 4:30 when the PO closes.

Lots of lovely trees & shrubs but soo many just not
viable in my zone :(

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Cris Not sure if you will get an answer about the yew for it might have been someone that is not playing in this swap . so I would maybe just take a few & try them :)

well long day going to go lay back .
good nite all

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

wow how cool to get a yew seen a few here

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

RR is one its way to CZ. Box cost 14 cents more
to send out than what it took to get here :)

Took quite a few from the "share" packages but
only took 5 pkgs that had just a few seeds in them.
Put in about 19 pkgs.

Thanks to all who contributed. Lots of things that I had
wanted to try (especially veggies) but didn't want to
put the $$ out for.

I'm game for the Mystery seeds. Nice to get surprises.

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Cris... lol, the package I sent you was 70 cents more than what it took to get to me. btw, I grouped all the mystery packs together as there were a few of them... Also grouped the wildflower mixes in one bag, and some of the vegies too. Figure it might make it a little easier as there's sooo much. Would think there are some catagories some people can automatically put right back in the box if they're not interested in them, and likewise easier to find if they are.

I also want to thank everyone taking part in this. Do you think maybe there's a lot of people who don't know what they're missing here??

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

OH absolutely Gerry! I've "talked" to some who are too
afraid to join in as they don't have much to share. Ican
understand as I didn't either when I first joined (not even
a year ago!) DG'ers generosity just blows me away.

I would have snagged some of the wildflower mix
but I had already purchased some earlier this year.
It seems most of us grow the same things & get tons
of seeds to share.

Can't you just picture Deejay, at the end of the swap,
driving down the highway with the windows open tossing
all those liatris, hollyhocks & wildflower mixes onto the grassy
areas that don't get mowed & truly beautifying America :)

SUSIE Only has time to plant in her own back yard :)) I Would love some red DIANTHUS Anyone has any extras . & How about
any CHOCOLATE FLOWER

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Cris, you're right... I never considered that maybe not ALL people are seed addicts.

Susie... you'll have to do something with all those seeds when the box finally gets back to you. Seems no matter how many seeds or packets we take from it, it keeps getting bigger and bigger.

btw, what is CHOCOLATE FLOWER?

rock here is the CHOCOLATE FLOWER LINK

http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/berlyrata.htm

as for all the seeds we have a Garden Extention at the Middle School Who go in & Have a gardening Class
The Kids Love it So I Will be letting the Teacher Go Throught it :)
The Teacher Is my Neighbor Down the Road . Going Out to feed & water better the storms get here so you all have a great day back soon .

for coffee :)
susie

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Deeejay, I was actually wondering if you had a 4-H,
Community Garden, or Senior gardening program near
you. I know they had them in MA - not sure here in NJ as
its pretty rural & fishing & farming is ALL they have.

I have also looked to see if some one is looking for special seeds & if so I send them but with no return address
OOOPS I Hope I have not Given away My Identitie . When it comes back I will take out all the ones that were In the two robins & Add the ones I'm saving now & summer months So there will be Fresh Seeds to Start a Robin in JAN To Start the New Year out right :)

How About the rest of you ???

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Have gotten some seeds from my callibrochia (sp)
and of course the Nigella & Bachelor Buttons are
always cheerful givers. But there are sooo many of
them in the swap already - will have to come up
with something special.

Lyles, TN

I'll come up with something too! My four oclocks are blooming from last swap. I can't wait!
Fancher

Love to see a few pictures of your gardens here is my big garden with Daylilies will take another when more blooms are on

Thumbnail by deejay9
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

those are very pretty Susie! I'm getting new blooms everyday. I thought it would be difficult to plan my garden so that something was always coming into bloom but as it works out (just by chance) there is always a few flowers in bloom. I took a picture of one of my daylilies. I'm not sure what variety it is, however the color is beautiful!

Thumbnail by diamond9192002

that is very pretty :))) Anita was that one you had or from the newbie Daylies for postage ???

also I was ask to Host another Newbie DL swap . If anyone wants to check it out .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1111207/

well time for me to go watch a movie GN all

susie

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Someone asked about seed requests??

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Deejay & CZ,
The baggie with the veggies are still here ! Found them
this afternoon behind my seed bin - so it fell off & out
of sight. I feel awful - wish I had found them this morning.
Will send out first thing Monday have them packaged
already just need CZ's address again as I didn't copy
it down.

My apologies for holding the box up.
Cris

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

CZ 0306 0730 0000 4199 4217 is the delivery
confirmation # for the seeds package

Elk Horn, KY

ok thanx. the box had some different things in then it had last time. got some stuff out already.

Cindy Just keep the Robin till the veggie packs catch up with you hope they will be there on weds but you never can tell & if you can get it out on Thursday FRACHER Should Have it By SATURDAY .& There will be no mail on monday .
Happy gardening to all

susie

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

When will this start again ? I'd like to jump in, haven't done it in awhile.
mj

MJ You Have dmail

Elk Horn, KY

ok ill keep til the veggie pack catches up.

thank you cindy .

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi all ... what is the package cost up to now? I need a guess ta ment on how much this is gonna cost me... I get paid Friday ... I know it won't get to me for a bit still but I've gotta deduct it out of my Garden $$ ... lol ..

MJ ... I want some of the things on your have list ... lol ... D-mail me ... =D

DJ (Susie) thank you for hosting this trade ... swap robin ,,, lol thank you again! You do a great job at organizing all of this. =D

I keep trying not to plant all my seeds and trying to keep up on collecting them all ... unfortunatelly I know what I'm collecting there will be a ton of .. lol

Have a great week everyone ...

Brandy

your welcome brandy I Just love to share with you all :)))

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Brandy... you can get a close estimate on the cost to ship the box by going to the USPS Postage Rate Calculator website, http://postcalc.usps.com/. Just follow the instructions, the weight of the box is about 3 lbs, 4 oz. Do not chose Flat-Rate sevices. Select 'package>continue>Priority Mail'. Then add 70 cents for delivery confirmation. If it's confusing at all, just give me the zip codes and I can do it for you.

Brandy if you was to save out $10. you should have change coming back :) HEHE I think it was abut $8-when i sent it out it was loaded .
well a little cool this morning 53* here , If any of you happen to get any seeds on your Daylilies & You don't want them I would love them . as long as they are not just stella's .

well coffee in hand camera in other hand I'm off to walk the gardens :))))
Have a great day

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Deejay,

The first box I sent out was $8.24 Without the veggies!

Went ahead & purchased a bigger box when I sent
them (veggies) out. It was getting to be too much to
cram in the smaller box. Now that I think of it, that may
be the reason I didn't realize anything had been left
behind!

Anyway, Brandy the max on the box I purchased is
$10.17 plus the delivery confirmation.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

If it gets any heavier, a flat rate box might be worth looking into.

wow are you gals taken anything out ????? Well Bingo night you have have a great evening
susie

Lyles, TN

I'll see what flat rate would cost. Looks like I need to get my trade seeds ready!

Belton, TX

Medium flat rate is $10.70...my friends at the post office have told me they are trained to look for the red, white and blue to process priority mail....boxes are even free....

it is in a prioity box when it left her NOT A flate rate for it was just $8.?? when I sent it Guess you all have Fatten Him Up In Stead of putting him on a diet while his Visits .

happy gardening my friends :))))

Belton, TX

Don't worry, Suzie...I am going to slim the Fat Robin a bit!

ok :) I would like some belamcanda chinensis ---blackberry lilies all colors

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

The post office has eliminated all but one of the free priority mail boxes. The one I received, which I assume was the same one DJ started with, is the free one. When it got to me, I took slightly more out then I put in, plus I consolidated a bit to make things fit tighter. I still used the same box but I cut it back a little cause otherwise it would have been too big (and more expensive). Since the cost of priority mail is based on weight and distance, it could be possible that a flate rate box would be cheaper... but only if it got way too fat, or it was being sent across country. Just try to take out more then you put in for this last round... especially if you were part of the previous round on this robin.

yes please feel free to lighten the load Please Don't feel that you have to put more then you take .

all I ask is if you have seend that are differ then what is in the robin then feel free to share with us . but if you do not have any new seeds at this time thats is fine . but find me some candy lilies OK :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.