Apropos of Nothing v.13

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

http://www.seniordrivers.org/home/toppage.cfm

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

My dad has a young wife so fortunately I would never have to do such a thing, but I could NOT turn him in anonymously & then look him in the face. That's not to say I wouldn't fill out the form, I'd just say so. Of course, we've always had a very direct, straight-up relationship.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Spent the day in the garden deadheading rhodie. They sure look better. I probably won't be able to move tomorrow. That will be alright. Have to go have the cancer surgery tomorrow on my neck. I should be able to lie down or sit all day.
Bonehead, tell your son 'well done' for me. That is a super job to have.
We will need a shop on our commune also. We will have to make many wooden objects.
Dean finished today. The railing is up. Good job. I am going to put my sewing machine, all my craft stuff, an extra bed, a tv, and whatever else I think of later in there. I can get rid of some of my extra furniture.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
(Judi)Portland, OR

Willow good luck tomorrow - keep us posted.

We will have a fantastic shop, with cool tools. What a treat to have a craft/sewing/ whatever room. Nice.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Lynn good luck with your procedure tomorrow - I will be sending good thoughts your way.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Willow ,best wishes for your surgery tomorrow.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Best wishes for all to go smoothly tomorrow, Willow.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

SK - that's a definite example of the midwest/east coast thing and west coast thing we were talking about at Patricia's. I thought about you when this topic first came up. I anticipated that you would find this passive approach appalling. ^_^ . And I thought, when I was younger, that I would be 'straight up' with my folks, but things are much different when you're actually in that position that you thought they would be

Patricia, are you having a procedure tomorrow. I know that Lynn is having sinus surgery.

I hope both your procedures go well and quickly and that you're home before you know it.

Lynn's having surgery too? I missed that- sorry! Best wishes to you too, Lynn!

Seattle, WA

Take care everyone who is having medical procedures tomorrow.

And Summer, I love your family stories. Let us know if you ever figure out who Amy Whatzit belongs to.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I found it, Patricia - read right past it. I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow and that recovery is quick!

(Judi)Portland, OR

Lynn's surgery is actually Wednesday - she had the date mixed up. So we have to send good thoughts two days in a row! Anybody else needing good vibs?

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Katie, that is so funny, I was thinking of you & that conversation too when this topic came up!

Kymm, uh-oh on the family stories ... can't remember all I've shared. But let me just say this: Your little lettuce patches are still going strong, and I went out & bought the same mix for succession planting.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Good luck, Pony, on your procedure tomorrow.

Judi, my mom is in Calif. I'm orig from the bay area.

Pulled two full garbage cans of weeds today. Too bad you can't even tell where I pulled them from! :(

Ack! I'm having a procedure? What is it? What time's my appointment, and where? *panics*

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

:-D

I think if anyone stays on this thread long enough, they'll be having a procedure this week . . .

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

I'm just going to pray for everyone in the morning & let God sort it out.

Seattle, WA

Alright, since we're all hovered over this thread planning our procedures for the week.... maybe someone can give me a good idea on what to do with my tomato seedlings.I've been hardening off my tomatoes for the past few days, and today I gave them some fish fertilizer. Now they stink. And I really don't want to bring them in tonight.

But it's supposed to be rainy and crappy for the next few days. So what kind of rain hat/cloche type thingy could I come up with for a flat of seedlings (about 8 - 10 inches tall) in 15 minutes with stuff found in my basement? Anyone have any great ideas, or will be smelling fish tonight?

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Chopsticks and Saran wrap?

Seattle, WA

Hmmm.... intriguing. I have both of those items, but how would I keep the saran wrap on the chopsticks? Tuck it under the flat? Or maybe duct tape... I'm sure if I can involve duct tape I get extra points.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Paper-bag cones on the chopsticks?

Seattle, WA

How about plastic bag cones on chopsticks? I have tons of plastic shopping bags ready to be recycled, and lot's of broken bamboo stakes (courtesy of the 7 year old who likes to play sword fight with them). I could poke some airholes and call it good.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Oh, it's Willow, not Pony. LOLOL Sorry to get you in a panic, Pony. And good luck to WILLOW!!!

Yes, I likely need a procedure myself. Do they still do lobotomies?

This message was edited May 25, 2010 5:12 AM

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Or, if you group them together, are they too tall for an upside-down cardboard box?

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Gwen, c'mere.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Grouping lobotomies... ???

I need a lobotomy too. Group discount has got to be available somewhere...

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Not lobotomies, but Bluestone Perennials is having a 50% off sale through 5/31 . . .

(Judi)Portland, OR

Good luck on your procedure tomorrow Pony. And be sure not to be late!

Seattle, WA

OMG, it's fairly frightening what a woman with limited engineering skills can craft when she really really doesn't want to smell fish fertilizer all night (especially after two beers). I'm pretty sure the mummy/birthing pods from the Aliens movies have got nothing on the saran wrap/chopstick/plastic bag tomato habitat that now resides in my backyard.

Thanks for the suggestions y'all, I think those tomato seedlings could now safely make it through a tornado.

Hopefully they can still breath...

Here's a place I'd like to visit. Those of you interested in communal living will be interested in this:
http://www.findhorn.org/whatwedo/ecovillage/ecovillage.php

Seattle, WA

Psst... Kathy. I was stalking the Bluestone Perennial sale online earlier today. Wanna go in on an order and split the shipping?

(Judi)Portland, OR

So we go to Scotland!

Indeed! This place has a fascinating history. I had the pleasure of working with the grand daughter of one of the founders of this community. The family is fascinating.
I am encouraging my son to consider going here for a semester of study someday. They have accredited classes in sustainable architecture, farming, etc. I'd like to go there because they have so many cool seminars. Also because it's in Scotland. I believe they even have their own currency in the community.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Katie, I LOVE Bluestone THANK YOU for the heads up. I really encourage both you & Kym to order the 'Mary Stoker' mum; you will thank me for it later.

Gaaaaaah I don't want to know. No money for plants thanks to all the vet bills.

...but you know I have to go look now anyway. :p

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Um, sure. Good idea, Kim. We could even split/share plants if we end up with multiples we can space. I can do up a spreadsheet of my order (I've got it in the shopping basket, but just haven't clicked) and send it to you tomorrow. I can't remember that far back (when did we go to Willowwind's place?). Do I have your email address? I'll check d-mail. :-D

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Pony - there has to be something to satisfy the gardening bone.

SK - I'd do a mum; it's the flower of my birth month. But they ALWAYS get frozen or drowned on me and then don't make it through the season. So I just look at other people's flowers from afar . . . of course I'm now going back to the site to check it out. Heh heh.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh, man. You're right. She's beautiful!

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Katie, do you remember me posting a pic of a bank of yellow blooms covered in viceroys? That was my 3 plants from BP in their 2nd year AND that was after a winter when temps hit -22. I'd really give it a try.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.