DEEJAY9'S SEED ROBIN IN FLIGHT PT 1

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

susie

where is your greenhouse thread so we can seeing the progress pictures as it goes along.

wonderful, another gardener with a greenhouse....teee heee I wish we all could have them. I was blessed with a hoop house this past summer. this will be my first year getting it put up and using it.... can't wait...

Janet

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

This is going to be a small one just for starting my seedlings hope to get my shelves all in today have been
saving for this along time :) & I have money left over :)) For new tools :)

Maureen :I found out yesterday that I still have lots of healing yet to do but I can hand my brother the tools & Boards
Well the lighter ones :))

Janet No Thread I just wanted to share with you all I don't have time to watch any more threads then i have right now going :)) Takes me from 6am to 9am just to get all my computering done & I like to get out side as soon as the sun is up. so i need to unwatch some threads :))) HEHE .

Looks as there will be a slight delay in the west box for wendy went on a cruse But her hubby will be there to get the box for her she will be back on sunday & It will be back in flight on MONDAY :)))

You all have a great weekend .
susie

EAST ------ WEST
TXAGGIEGAL------ APRIL 10--- APRIL 10
IMZADI ---------------APRIL 12 ----APRIL 20
FRANCHER --------APRIL 19---- APRIL 22
CCAMPBELL------ APRIL 20--- APRIL 25
KOBWEBZ---------- APRIL 25--- APRIL 23
MOMCAT------------ APRIL 28-- APRIL 24
CRIS ------------------APRIL 30---APRIL 28
PATTI1957-------------MAY 1------MAY 8
MOMOFTWO------ MAY 2------- MAY 6
GRAYON-------------MAY 6------MAY5
ROBYNZNEST---- MAY 7------- MAY7
JAR------------------- MAY 13----- MAY 10

Parkersburg, WV

Susie I am glad you are getting a greenhouse, but my bil built one for my sister and by the time it was finished she had plans drawn for the addition she was going to need. they are like garages they are never big enough. I am going to visit my sister next month and she is going to let me help her pick out her big one it will be one from the catalogs that are built with metal frames and heavy plastic over it. Her husband figured he would never be done building so he agreed to a boughton one. lol

taj

well here is what we got done today before the wind came up . we did get the shelves build .
I will make this one do just for me Getting to old to go any bigger :))) this will be just a place for me to be able to wash off my plants & ready for shipping sink is in will be putting in the water line maybe tomorrow or next week for we have snow coming in sunday .

well its been a long day for me so you all have a great evening .
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I just checked USPS Delivery Confirmation and you should have the box in your hands right now Erin. Let us know if you are having fun looking inside!

Linda

Parkersburg, WV

Susie that looks very nice. I am jealous. i do not have room since I live in the city for a greenhouse.Too small of a lot,besides I have very little yard left for one.lol

taj

you can alway come out this way & build a house out back I have 10 acres going up for sale soon :))))

Keeping 7 for myself :) yes erin has the robin & haven fun inn it :)

Busy day will be back later to chat
susie

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Susie

Wish we like northern living or we would take you up on the land. We will most likely be moving towards the end of this year.

Love , love love your new greenhouse. Especially love seeing the update pictures, next best to being there...

Are you making the roof seethrough? so that you have more light into the greenhouse?

Janet

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

deeejay,

Is he using a plan to make the greenhouse? My DH asked me to send
the pic to him hmmm maybe....

WE USED NOTHING BUT OR HEADS No Plans There will be a clear roof on there if & when I can find the Fiberglass I want None of the Lumber yard have it around here .

So Guess for now I will just use Plastic all around & On Top The wind again today was just to strong so guess it won';t Get done till after the cold is over .

we also have rain & snow coming in this weekend Not looking forward to it :( . well i want to go back out & play
you all have a great evening .

This message was edited Mar 20, 2010 8:43 AM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

What a great job you and your brother have done on your greenhouse, Susie! Good for you since you've wanted one for a long time. It looks like you can also start baskets before too long and hang them from the rafters.

We just have rain forecast here on Sunday. This week has been absolutely beautiful and I hope we don't have anymore snow.

Keep us posted with your progress.

Good Morning everyone Sleepless night so thought i would come get an up-date as to Where our robins are at this Point .

ROBIN EAST Had Landed at Erins /momoftwo607 on March 18th & will go out to garyon Possible today ???
I checked conf # & it didn't register so hopefully today . It will be back in flight :)

Robin WEST : Landed at Franchers
Label/Receipt Number: 0309 1140 0002 1292 4899
Your item was delivered at 1:39 PM on March 18, 2010 in LYLES, TN 37098.

Wendy was going on a cruse but was going to be back on sunday said she would get it Back in flight by today :) So Looks as It Will be Headed to Robynznest
We should Know later today .

Ladies Hope to hear from you all today :))) .

susie

Lyles, TN

Headed to Robynznest in morning. Box is packed and ready to take to PO! Took out 10 put 10 back. Really looking forward to trying to germinate some of the shade loving plants. Thanks so much guys!

THANK YOU Wendy Hope you had a great time on your cruse .

Lyles, TN

I did have a great time! It was wonderful to spend time with just my sisters and Mom. I'm glad to be back though.

grayon's haven fun
Label/Receipt Number: 0309 1140 0002 1292 4738
Scheduled for Delivery: Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 9:53 AM on March 23, 2010 in SYRACUSE, NY 13205.

this will be Robins Conf# 0309 1140 0002 1292 4905
will be back with pictures later

Lindenhurst, NY

Oh My, i'm so excited....it comes to me after Grayon:-)
Can't wait....i love seeds!!

Susie, i will be putting in a couple of packets of my daylily seeds that I saved for you. I'll put your name on them:-) If i had known sooner i would have sent more, but when i found out you were looking for them i had already given out lots for postage.

anyone have any heirloom veggies, or melons?

Yes it has been delivered and received! I'm about to open it now.

Grayson

SIDE VIEW

Thumbnail by deejay9

Thats ok Maureen A Few IS all I need :))) .

BACK VIEW

Thumbnail by deejay9
Lindenhurst, NY

Thats a beauty Sue -- your going to have lots of fun with that:-)

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Susie... congradulations on the GH and have fun. Good timing, but I bet it could not have been too soon.

Keep an eye on it when it snows. I built one with a similar roof many years ago when I lived in NH. Didn't know what to expect but it held out just fine.

Thank rock I Also Plan to maybe cover the top in the winter Not sure yet what I will do till time comes .
Know it won;t Cave in or can't cave in :)))
GOOD NIGHT ALL

here is an Up-Date On The Robins You all Have a great day .

ROBYNZNEST
Your item was processed through and left our KANSAS CITY, KS 66106 facility on March 24, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Hope it is there today Good day for you to Play :)

Looks as Both Robins MIGHT JUST LAND TODAY :)))) Enjoy my friends .

MAUREEN

Your item was processed through and left our ROCHESTER, NY 14606 facility on March 24, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again late

Lindenhurst, NY

Oh, it's on it's way to me already? Well I just got home and it's not here yet. But i can't wait to see it. Maybe tomorrow? I'll let you all know as soon as I get it.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh my goodness, I'm after Maureen, can't wait. Annette

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Hope those of you who have already received the Robins found seeds you'd like to try. Are we having fun yet or what?

Give us a GH update, Susie. I'm green with envy since I don't have one (yet) and so happy for you at the same time! Have you been able to put the door on yet?

Lindenhurst, NY

Annette - anything special your looking for that I can add in for you? Pls let me know asap.
I have loads of seeds, all types. I'm a seed collector:-)
veggies and flowers

Susan Hope to get the door put in today , crack a rib yesterday so it will be up to my brother all the way today just hope i can hold a boards up for him :)

But will get pic;s as soon as it is ready sure have allot ready to go into it . over 100 glad Bulbs to get potted
I Pot Then then put in the ground For i have Big Trouble with Moles I Put Them in my Tree buckets I get
that way they have room to grow :) & when I want to share a few Bulbs I Know right where they are :))) .

Looking For Million Bells here if any one has any . Well I'm sure the Robins will be landing tomorrow
they are NECK & NECK I Think :)

Both On Stop # 5 in 18 days way cool .
you all have a great day .
susie

Well i put up my Greenhouse info if anyone wants to follow along :)))

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1083429/

Parkersburg, WV

Susie, I am officially jealous. Nice looking Greenhouse!! I like you even give how much and what you used Too Cool.

Enjoy!!!

taj

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Perennials, perennials, perennials,esp for shade. Thanks Maureen!!!!

ty all I will call it my PLAY HOUSE I NEVER HAD

Lyles, TN

My husband put a small one up for me last year and I've had so much fun! I have geraniums and petunias blooming right now, also cherry tomatoes and herbs. I've got about 100 small tomato plants and some pepper plants ready to be planted out when the time is right. Plus there are many many many flowers I've started early -- including some of those I got from this robin! Plants LOVE the little greenhouse. I think anything will grow in there. I'm excited to see if my coleus and verbena seedlings take off and grow strong.

Susie thanks so much for doing this for everyone! I'm so glad that you put such time and effort into the swaps on Dave's Garden.

Fancher

Francher I love helpping others as well as you all do By Sharing with others we will try this agin later next winter
after everyone has harvested their seeds :)) & they are ready to share :))) .
I want to get a few things Planted in my little Play house this weekend I hope . will let you all know . how it does :)

have a great day everyone

Lindenhurst, NY

IT'S ARRIVED:-)
The box was sitting on my kitchen table when I got home. I've started going through the box and have about 20 things I need to look up pics of. I will mail it back on Monday, and post the conf # here on Monday after work. I'll ask my husband to drop it off on Monday - he's good like that.

Kobwebz -- i'm trying to figure out what perennials are good for shade?? Anyone?? I know hostas, but not sure what else does good in shade?

Anywant want any heirloom watermelon seeds?
Just got fresh ones from SSE.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

hostas, astilbe, aruncus, spiderwort, honeywort, dicentra, tiarella, digitalis, asarum. brunnera, astilboides,epimedium, rogerisa, pulmonaria, polygonatum, lamium, ligularia, bergenia, lungwort, heleborus, and any others in zone 5 up to 6a. Thanks

here is a link to some shade loving plants but go to your zone .

http://www.backyardgardener.com/shade/zone5.html

yes you have till Monday lots of time to go through it :) wonder if Robin Got her Robin yesterday ???
Maybe today :) still says in root after it left Kansas city on the 25th so it should be there today .

well Going To Be a warm sunny day So I have lots I Want to try to get done :)
you all have a great weekend .
susie

Lindenhurst, NY

hi kobweb -- sorry the only shade lovin perennial seeds are Plantagea hosta (which I was taking, but will leave half for you). I have so many different types of seeds but none of the ones your looking for. i must have sun loving perennials. If anyone wants melons/veggies i put in lots of packs of these.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

It's ok Maureen, I have tons of seeds too. Have started about 150 packs of perennials since the end of Dec. Last week I started the annuals. Most of the seeds I have started come from trades, Interesting, some of the seeds are very viable and I get lots of babies and others lots of seeds and very few babies, it's ok, I'm having so much fun trying new things, Can't wait to get the robin. Annette

Anyone have any GREEN Caster beans you can send me this week I Have a project & Need about 4 BEANS Yep 4-6 IS OK But the Green ones I Have red .

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.