DEEJAY9'S SEED ROBIN IN FLIGHT PT 1

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Here Are the New Guidelines For this robin

First Just let me say These new guidelines Should have been in place years ago
before It got out of hand . Robins & swaps has gotten to laxed . many are sending good seeds only to
receive old or grubby looking packs in return . it is time to be more alert as to what is happening .
we need to take back out standards of good traders & report the ones who do not share in
the honest way of swapping .

with your help we can make safer trading out there for ourself & others . we just have to make them
more aware of what we exspect in our trades & if it is not met they will get a NEG FEEDBACK .

SOME OF THESE ARE WHAT YOU ALL WANT TO SEE & WE WILL ALL TAKE PART .

#1 NO SEED PODS OR HEADS OR CHAFF PLEASE CLEAN THE SEEDS AS BEST YOU CAN
BEFORE PACKING THEM .

#2 USE ZIP BAGGIES SO OTHERS CAN SEE THE SEEDS THEY ARE GETTING .
PRINT OR TYPE INFO & INSERT OR TAPE TO OUT SIDE. & PUT YOUR
DG USERSNAME ON THE PKS - IF THEY ARE FROM TRADES PLEASE SAY SO .

#3 IF YOU HAVE MADE UP ANY HAND MADE ENVIES & THEY ARE NEAT CLEAN & WE CAN READ WHAT IS IN THE
PK THIS IS FINE TO USE AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT TAPPED OR STAPLED ON ALL 4 SIDE .

#4 YOU HAVE 2-3 DAYS TO GO THROUGHT THE ROBIN I ASK ONLY THAT YOU WILL PLEASE
POST WHEN IT LANDS & POST CONF# WHEN YOU MAIL IT ON .

#5 PLEASE REPLACE WITH SAME AMOUNT YOU TAKE OUT & THEN SHARE WHAT EVER EXTRA YOU HAVE FOR OTHERS
TO TRY IN THEIR GARDENS .

# 6 ANYONE WHO MIGHT HAVE COMPUTER PROBLE MY PHONE # WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE ROBIN SO
YOU CAN CALL ME . & I WILL POST FOR YOU .

This should not be a stressed out Robin for anyone I do these for The Fun of Them & Help you Find Nice Seeds
While Relaxing with Coffee or Drink of Choice in your own Kitchen :) While the Kids & Hubby or wives & Kids Are out for the day :)
or maybe they might like to help choose .

I will be posting the Route later today If you Decide you do not want to follow these GUIDELINES Please let me know
Today . Will Remove you no Questions Asked

ONE MORE THING YOU NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOU ARE WATCHING FOR THE ROBIN WHEN YOUR NAME
IS NEXT IN LINE OR WE WILL BY PASS YOU . IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE OUT OF TOWN PLEASE LET US KNOW.
YOU ARE NOT TO KEEP THE ROBIN ANY LONGER THEN 3 DAYS .
JUST BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS WAITING .

Thank you
susie

This message was edited Mar 7, 2010 6:50 PM

This message was edited May 5, 2010 7:09 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9

ROBIN #1 GOING WEST 180 PKS OF SEEDS

DISPATCHER1----REC'D-----SENT MAR 12TH
MOMCAT / DEB---REC'D ---SENT MAR 13TH
POISONDARTFROG/ALANA--SENT MAR 15TH
FANCHER/WENDY---- SENT MAR 22
ROBYNZNEST/ROBIN ---SENT
YARDQUEEN1948 /CAROL----SENT
SYRUMANI/NICHOLE----LANDEDAPRIL 9TH
TXAGGIEGAL/MARYANN
SUSAN505/ SUSAN
ABLOOM/KATRINA
PATTI1957/ PATTI
CLANCAMPBELL/ CHRIS
BABSADVENTURE
DEEJAY9 HOME

ROBIN #2 GOING EAST HAS 180 PKS OF SEEDS

MEADOWYCK/JANET---REC'D --- SENT MAR 11TH
IGROWINPA/LINDA-----REC'D --SENT MAR 15TH
MOMOFTWO607/ERIN------SENT-- MAR20
GRAYON-- MAR 22-------SENT
MAUREENPMOO/MAUREEN*------SENT
KOBWEBZ/ANNETTE------ SENT
CRIS316 / CRIS----SENT
ROCKGARDENER----SENT
FOTV /SUSAN
TAJ12 / TIM
IMZAD
GERABELL
BSGARDENS
CZIMMERMANOO
DEEJAY9 HOME

This message was edited Mar 25, 2010 7:24 PM

This message was edited Apr 3, 2010 1:56 PM

This message was edited Apr 13, 2010 8:27 AM

This message was edited May 5, 2010 7:09 AM

Lindenhurst, NY

Yippeee.....can't wait to get it. I promise to follow these rules:-)
thanks Susie,
Maureen
hope your feeling good:-)

Edited to say:

I'm really wanting: German Red Strawberry tomato and Emerite pole bean -- if anyone has these pls let me know
:-)

This message was edited Mar 7, 2010 4:10 PM

Parkersburg, WV

I would like to participate please.

taj

I may be too late,Is this for the Robin posted on down or is this a new one?

Sorry
taj

This message was edited Mar 7, 2010 5:36 PM

Ok Taj12
As Long as you get me your address soon your in
susie

Cocoa, FL(Zone 9a)

Any Robins going SOUTH? I would like to participate as well if still open. I'm also listed in the address exchange :)

Is there anything I need to know since I'm new, such as can the replacements of seeds be store bought packages or do they have to be from actual plants you own ?

This message was edited Mar 7, 2010 9:22 PM

Silver you have mail .

Well Looks as If I Will be getting the robins out in the mail MAYBE TODAY :)))))
will post a Glimps of What is Coming Your Way :))) later I have a few more Details to add :)
HAve a great day .

Well HERE Is Your First GLIMPS Of The Robins About To Take Air LATER TODAY :)

CONF :
Meadowyck --EAST------ 0309-1140-0002-1292-4707
Dispatcher1-- WEST------0309-1140-0002-1292-4868

Thumbnail by deejay9
northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Cool!!! I can hardly wait

Janet & Lou I Put Your Special seeds from me in the top envy with the INFO Sheet . & Address Labels .
Robins will be taken flight soon Have a great day everyone .

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

you are too sweet...... thank you very much

Janet

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

It will be like Christmas again, am so excited. Annette

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Looks like I'm next after Janet. I can't wait!

Linda

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Both Robins look great, Susie! Look at all the participants, is this a record?

Is anyone looking for these? If you're in the West Robin I'll mail the seeds you've reserved directly to you. Same goes for those participating in the East Robin if it reaches you first.

HERBS -- 8 seeds per pack
Basil (Genovese)
Basil (Sweet)
Dill
English Lavender
Mint (Spearmint)
Parsley (Flat Leaf)

VEGGIES -- 4 seeds per pack
Cucumber "Lemon"
Squash "Crookneck"
Zucchini "Black Beauty"

GOURDS -- 2 seeds per pack
Apple
Baby Bottle
Birdhouse
Bushel
Dipper
Nest Eggs
Snake
Swan

FLOWERS
Canna "Indica", also have a few seeds left of NOID dwarf Pink and Peach
Sunflowers (several colors ranging in size from dwarfs to giants)
Hardy Hibiscus (multiple colors)
Marigolds (mixed dwarf size orange, reds, and yellows -- some are yellow with red stripes)
Morning Glories, some Japanese (my choice, 1-2 seed per pack)
Columbines

The number of seeds per pack is just a guideline depending upon how many of you are interested. I'll be glad to include as many of your choice as possible.
Susan

RESERVED
bsgardens / Brandy: Gourd "Apple, Columbines ~ NOID yellow I believe is "Swan" and Purple "Leprechaun's Gold"), Hardy Hibiscus (multiple colors)
garyon / Grayson: Columbines ~ NOID yellow I believe is "Swan" and Purple "Leprechaun's Gold"
susan505 / Susan: HERBS: Basil (Genovese), Basil (Sweet), Dill, English Lavender, Mint (Spearmint), Parsley (Flat Leaf); GOURDS: Birdhouse, Dipper, Swan
momcat / Deb: Japanese Morning Glories
Robynznest / Robin: Cucumber "Lemon"

Yep & ST Patties day :) But forgot to add my APril fool jokes to the mix Sorry :( . I Bet I had more fun putting it together for you all :))) .
I can't believe the conf # says no such # When i have the recite 's for them you all might have them tomorrow .
if we are lucky :))))
well it has been a long day I'm going to go lay back & rest this head Have a great evening .

Susie
Oh If anyone Has any Daylily or iris Crosses To share :))) I would like just a few do not need alot.
No Stella's please . Oh Someone mentioned HOSTA
seeds Someone might want to try them I don't have the shade to grow them .

the only other seeds I have been tring to find is
ultra Girl Tomato or Ultra Boy Tomato

Ty Susan & Yes I think it would have been a record as of players 28 I think haven't counted :( That is why I did 2 robins . if this gose well & When the robin gets home from the west & Anyone from the east want to go through it all you have to do is let me know . same for the WEST When the east comes back .

But will see how this gose 1st :))))) LONG ROAD RIGHT NOW :)
Good nite all ..
susie

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

sleep well susie you deserve it after all the fixing you have done for our boxes.

I just can hardly wait and right when I need a pick me up. I'm been so sick from my sinus surgery and now I'm so looking forward to this box. Yall just don't know how great this is for me.

Janet

Lindenhurst, NY

Oh Susie - this is so exciting. And looks like you put a lot of time into the packages -- what a gem you are:-) I have saved a couple of my daylily crosses just for you:-) Wish I knew sooner, i gave hundreds of my crosses away a couple of months ago. But pls, i can send you about a hundred come fall:-)

Feel better Janet -- hope you get a nice "pick me up" from the box of seeds

maureen

I forgot to add my sticky lables for any onewho needed but sure you can find some thing to write on :))) if you need.
there is something reaally wrong with the new Conf# for they are not reading & I saw her scan them while i was there . so not sure what is going on .

but maybe it might arrive today Sure hope you enjoy it .

Just read the info & It will EXPLAIN To all you NEWBIES How This Type Of Robin Works You will See If We can Fine Good Honest Traders The Quanity & Quality Of The Seeds Will be able to get Better .

You Have to admit It is really HEARTBREAKING To COLLECT, CLEAN, & Package Our Seeds for trade Just TO Send to one person they sort & Send you back Someone else's Seeds Packed so tight you can't get into them .

NO MORE & you will have fun at your own table sorting throught & Picking your own :)
JUST Take Care & Don't LET YOUR DOGS : CATS OR KIDS Get to Them PLEASE .

Hey you all have a great day .
susie

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Susie

I will add labels to the box when it gets here so don't worry. They are fancy just plan white file labels.

I took some time last night and gathered 40 packs of seeds (only 20 different kinds) for anticipation of trades.

hope these are in the standard you are striving for. If not let me know and I'll repackage them.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck

Looking Good Your On Track :)
Thank you Much .

have a great day Have your Table Ready It May be there today :) .

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

This is just too darn exciting..... now I will have to be in on this thing every year>>>>>> 8 ~ )

Janet

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

It may take a couple of weeks to get to me, but I'm ready... and waiting. Got plenty of baggies (will contribute at least a pack of 100), got plenty of labels if needed, and close to 100 varieties of annuals, perennials, vegie and herb seeds which I can trade with and/or contribute to the robin.

Susie, does the priority mail box need to be replaced at some point along the way, you know because it gets beat up after so many stops? I can do that just in case, as I live around the corner from a post office. Also, are baggies which have an area to write on ok? Those are the ones I have plenty of and will contribute if ok... saves using labels. Also have different size baggies, 2x2, 2x3 and 3x4. If anyone down-route needs any for this robin, let me know, I can reserve some for you.

Rock Thank you for the offer & Yes The Box Just might Need to be replaced I'm sure if it gets leffts in the rain today
it will need a new Box. Its a GOOD Thing all the Seeds are in Zip Baggies so I'm sure they will be fine Nothing loose in the robins .

My baggie is just way to full to get much more into it But Like i told Meadow To Go through my baggie Take out what she whats to try then replace what she takes out & Then add another Baggy with THE Seeds She has extra to share with the rest of you . So you can add to that one till it fills .

The robin's cost $6.05 to mail out . that is not bad for all these seed companies Changes $6?? To Mail Out 2-4 pks. & Here you will have over 100+ To Go through.

Well I Hope you all have a great day will check back in later . ROBINS Should be there today . for sure or i will go Hunt them down .

Ok there is something not right with the new type of conF # I Have in the robin for everyone So PLEASE
I'm Going to call my posta offise this morning & Ask what is going on .
will get back with you on it later

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Label/Receipt Number: 0309 1140 0002 1292 4707
Scheduled for Delivery: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item arrived at 4:48 AM on March 10, 2010 in MACEDONIA, OH 44056. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Label/Receipt Number: 0309 1140 0002 1292 4868
Scheduled for Delivery: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

All sorting has been completed at the delivery unit for today's deliveries at 8:38 AM on March 10, 2010 in SEYMOUR, IN, 47274.

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Sorting Complete, March 10, 2010, 8:38 am, SEYMOUR, IN 47274
Bullet Arrival at Post Office, March 10, 2010, 5:13 am, SEYMOUR, IN 47274
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, March 09, 2010, 4:26 pm, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Well the rain isn't due in until way later today and DH is home and keeping an eye out for it. Usually when we have a box the mail man brings it to the door.

Will post when he calls me to tell me the box is at the house.

Can't wait.

Janet

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

OK DH just called to say the box has ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and here I am stuck at work, can't even go home at lunch cause I'm taking a late lunch due to having to go back to the dr's this afternoon, so I have to wait until I get home at 6:00 today before I can dive in and swim around in those seeds.......

Janet

More then likely he's swiming in them for you :))))

And I'm next...Yippeeee!

Linda

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

he better not be....LOL

no seriously he want even open junk mail that is addressed to me. he won't go into my purse even when I say to, he feels those are areas he should stay out of.....LOL

just can't wait to see all the goodies.....

Thanks again Sue for all of your hard work in getting this together.

Janet

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Linda

I'll try to get it out by the end of the week, say Saturday?

sue how many days is a reasonable amount of time to keep the box?

Janet

I Tell everyone 2-3 days at the MOST For there are so many On the list & We everyone to try to have time to plant .
so if you can Please try to get it back in the mail By Friday It will arrive on Monday she can send By WEDS
Lunch is over & I have to get back to the Kitchen :) .

susie

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'm sure my box is waiting for me at home. I'm anxious to see what all is in the treasure box. I will try to get off early enough on friday to get to the post office before it closes so I can get in in the mail again. Thanks so much for all your efforts in this round robin. Are we supposed to post what we take out and what we put in the box? Lou

Just let us Know If you found anything you can use :))) & If you enjoyed the robin :))) or what we might do different ?? Always open to new Ideas as to How we can make these better.

I Think we are on the right track with Cleaner Seed packs . All the info is on the top of the box for you Lou
& It is easy to follow ..

Just have fun .

susie

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I received the box today!!! It is a hoot , just going thrrough all the seeds. I love it. I found many packets that I had never heard of the flowers before. So I have been busy googling lot of flowers. I found 10 very new to me , types that I am going to try. This will be a good gardening year, just because I will carefully watch the seedlings and wait on flowers that are so new to our area. I realize not all of them will do good, but from the google info, it looks like most of them should do good here. Thanks so very much for all the fun and gardening fun to come. I will get my seeds in the proper envelopes and labeled with stickers and try to get this in the mail ASAP. Lou

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

How exciting both the new East and West Robins have landed. Lou, aren't looking up new seeds so much fun? Hope you and Janet have a great time picking and choosing.

Sounds good Janet. I'll be on the lookout for it next week.
Linda

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Linda............

If I can get up earlier in the morning then I will have the box in the mail at 8:00 am tomorrow.

I've got it all packed up and ready to go, but seeing as how I'm not a morning person, it might not be till lunch

but for sure the box will be mailed tomorrow so you should have it for the weekend.

I loved looking at all the seeds and was so amazed that there were so many that I didn't have....LOL

I also added some extras over what I replace with, so enjoy looking through them all Linda.

Janet

I can't wait to see all the seeds, Janet. Thank you for all the information you've passed along.

Linda

Lou That is Great & I Hope you will have a bright Garden this summer :))).
This is great & By The way I As a Hostess For this Robin will Leave Feedback for you :)
Thank you all for all the fun .

susie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.