Photos from Seed Swap2-27-2010

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Jill & Chantell ^_^

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I loooooooooove their Sushi!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm thinking this might just be the reason for Jill's happy smile (only one guess who she's smiling about)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Too cute for words!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yup....^_^ (note, she didn't get ANY attention at all!)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

By the time she had to leave I'm sure everyone had held her at least once ^_^

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

OH My the pictures are wonderful!! Looks like you all had so much fun..especially 'little bit'!! makes me feel like I was there instead of working! LOL Hopefully I'll get to attend one or have one someday!!

Athens, PA

Looks like everybody had such a wonderful time and Lil Bit is adorable. What a happy baby!

Sally - not to worry, as with any seedaholic, I am sure I have more seeds than I know what to do with.....

I am hoping to make the plant swap in the Spring...

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

That pictures are great, almost like being there. Thanks Gita and Bec for posting them.

I can see who the Bel of the Ball was. Just to cute for words LOL

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Looks like a great time was had by all. I hope to make it to another seed swap one of these days -- not that I need seeds -- I seem to have an abundance this year but I do enjoy seeing/meeting everyone. I thought I was making this one until DH reminded me we had plans to be in Williamsburg for the weekend to see Kathy Mattea in concert at the Lodge last night. That was fun, too. And there is NO SNOW hanging around down there. Yesterday was a decent day (sunny, about 50) to walk around the restored area and tour some of the buildings (since our lodging package included an admission ticket). No lines.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

There are some great shots on this thread! Thanks so much for taking them and posting them! I did bring my camera, but I totally failed to get it out of my purse during the party, whoops.

LOL @ "Belle of the Ball" -- and didn't she know it! She's our Party Girl, for sure.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Sounds like you all had a great turn out and a lot of fun. Sorry I had to miss it. Had I not had to go to a Memorial service for my cousin over in Baltimore, I was planning on being there. There's always another one later on in the year, right? Any word on where and when?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You were missed, Pippi! I believe Jfleming will be hosting a VA plant swap, with Becky helping out, but they haven't settled on a date yet. there's also a PA plant swap in the works. Be sure you have the "Events" thread on your watch list, and you'll catch teh latest news!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

What a clever idea in the sneaker and work boots but they look like brand new footwear! What was in the gift bags? Clever name tag by the way. I had a gardening book that I was going to donate but with all that was going on in our lives last week and week before, I never got it to you. What were some of the items that were donated, so I'll have an idea what people donate. I saw some floral wrapping paper or is that dresser drawing lining paper? A little purple watering can and it looked like some type of handcream (pink bottles on table). Just looking at all the metal name tags in those striped bags tells me you had a great attendance. Congrats! That shows what a great hostess and organizer you are!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Looks like you all had a great time! Anytime gardeners get together is great.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm not sure who picked up the Christmas Cactus I brought. I wanted to let you know that they are slips that Doc sent me to root. Those of you that got OSP rootings they came from potatoes I saved last year from a Ace of Spades that Ladyg gave me. I love how these plants are spread from gardener to gardener throughout our group.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Holly, I got one of the OSP rootings. You said there was a thread somewhere on what to do with it. Do you have the link readily available - will save me time searching. If not, I'll find it when I get a chance. Thanks, Terri.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here you go Terri:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078114/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/694728/
Any questions, post to MA forum. Holly

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Holly, Thank you for the OSP rootings, the cats loved them. I took them out of my bag, turned my head, and the leaves were gone. I put the stems and roots in water anyway, do you think there is any hope for them? The cats did not even look guilty, not that they ever do. I got one of your christmas cactus from Doc's, it is out of the cats reach (I hope).
The guilty party!

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

HA! the stinker! but cute
I actually bought sweet potato greens at a market last year. They were really bland, to me, but are considered edible apparently.
Nice hearts! Want to come go thru my fabric stash? You can make a million more...How do you applique?

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

OMG!! Joyanna is a real doll!! It looks like she took some prime time!! I know I missed a fun day and a lot of seeds. I'll try to make the next swap!! Great pics Gita & Bec!!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

It was great meeting everybody! I had a wonderful time at the party. Many thanks for the seeds. I have already started some of them :-)

Thumbnail by donnerville
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

The pictures and especially the captions are great. I have some pictures too, and I'll try to post them soon. THe swap was a blast!

donnerville, ^_^ what skill!

Froggy, barely got to say hi but I still enjoy the blue and white pot you brought last year I love it with a small jade plant in it- currently has a begonia, the jade croaked!

I brought a Peruvian Daffodil bulb, hope someone likes that- Its an Amaryillis cousin so its a pig Be sure to fertilize and water well and put it in sun outside. Then when it blooms, tell me! I haven't gotten blooms yet, just tons of offsets.

I was happy to get the purple watering can-Thanks!

Marshall, VA(Zone 7b)

Gita, little did I know,at the time you took our pic, it would find itself becoming our, " before" pic, on our frig. I guess you'll have to be the one to take our, " after" pic! Lawks a mercy!

Stormy, thanks for all the seeds!

Froggy, Jim loves his, " boot" planter. We have it sitting in our kitchen window.

Gita, you have an amazing collection of seeds! As soon as I got home I looked up pictures you had on the DG site. I just had to see pictures of your garden!

It was great meeting everyone! It was fun learning the different garden interests and projects of all the DGers.

Thumbnail by jfleming
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Don't worry Robin They probably will put out more leaves and if they don't I should have more for the plant swaps.
Froggy, Here is the thread I was talking about. A pic of my steel toed work boots are posted about halfway down the thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/607281/

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Jfleming--

"Before" WHAT????? Am I to assume you two will be going on a diet of some kind?
Now see--If I am wrong--That would turn out to be rude.....

How far did you have to go to see pictures of my garden???? I have been posting over the years!
Is there a short-cut to any DG members Posts you want to see? Like a "search"?

My garden is not all that amazing--it is just that most people take close-ups of their flowers--so you do not see the rest of the surroundings. Flowers always look beautiful!

Then there is my "YUK" bed--the one 4' from a 40yr. old Silver Maple. "YUK" means it is totally full of roots!
The plants I have growing there are the toughest of the tough! Planting something new takes extreme effort. Can't dig in it! Don't have space anyway!

Will D-mail you some pictures.....Everyone here has already seen them. OK! Just one! My "YUK" bed.....
The whole corner bed is IT!

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Boy we sure missed all the fun you all had. We note our Christmas Cactus was standing in place for us.

Meanwhile our duty was to cover gym seats with our butts for ten hours watching the grandson, now fifteen and making his mark, in the early high school freshman wrestling records of Pennsylvania. How in the heck did he do that?

We might be able to attend a plant swap later this spring given a time and place.

Thumbnail by docgipe
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Doc,

We will be getting together at my place on the Saturday after Memorial Day weekend for a plant swap. Hope to see you there.

Just want to say that most of the time, the only time we see our grandsons (the older ones) is when we see them at their sports events. One of them even travels to Europe to play baseball. Two others are all over the United States playing soccer and football. There's so much energy involved with all of this. Even for us spectators!!!

Regards

Teri

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Froggy, I love the little MaryJane planter! Thank you so much. It was wonderful to meet you and also donnerville.

Julie, You're welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing your lovely garden. I hoped that Jim enjoyed himself.

doc--incredible pic. Its hard to assemble the body parts into two contiguous humans! without something being disjointed!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Quote from docgipe :

now fifteen and making his mark, in the early high school freshman wrestling records of Pennsylvania. How in the heck did he do that?

Lots of practice and hard work. Tell your GS Congratulations from us. What a great thing. I can tell you are very proud just as you have a right to be. Congrats to you too Doc I know that determination came from some place. LOL

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Yep............thank you. I am Dutch German. My dad had a joke in that he cut out the words can't and impossible from his little pocket dictionary. We try to live in a can do possible mood.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Doc , will you be up Edinboro way ?

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Quote from sallyg :
doc--incredible pic. Its hard to assemble the body parts into two contiguous humans! without something being disjointed!

Sally, my thoughts exactly!

What a great picture, doc. You must be so proud of your grandson, for persevering, and doing so well.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Doc, Great kid and great photo! I'd say it was worth a sore butt!

Wow, I have more than I realized from the swap. I sorted a little and will start with five wintersown jugs of columbines. DS will probably like heating a nail and poking/melting holes in the jugs for me. I labeled them nice and bold with black sharpie--I found out last year how fast red fades in the sun!
Oh I found Carolyn's ' givers' had done well, putting in her bag even tho I forgot to ask, so I'll be sending them ASAP

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, were you the one who asked me about Yellow Watermelons? I have some seeds I saved from a yummy watermelon I bought last year at Root's Amish market Manheim, Pa. Lmk if you want me to send you some seeds, since I forgot to bring them. Thanks. J

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I think I did mention it--but I also had saved 4 seeds from a yellow Watermellon I ate last summer at a picnic.
I did not want it for myself! heavens no! I wouldn't even have room for a Zuchini! I wanted to give them to a farming friend--and i did--I gave him the 4 i had...Tiny--aren't they????

Thanks though! Gita

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

If you want me to send you some of these, Just D-mail me your snail mail addy & I will. Thanks. Judy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.