2010 ' FREEPORT " PLANT SWAP IN THE PARK

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

it sure is :))) Golly JUST 5 more days .

Well tomorrow is the big day are we all getting ready for this ??? I Sure hope so .
i have got to get out side before the rain today so I can get the last of my plants dug up .

My Peanut Butter cake is made :) Will make my Favous Beans :) HEHE tomorrow .

Birdie can you call me Please so I can ask you a couple ??? PLEASE. when i dial your # it says disconnected. Best time to call me will be about 6 pm tonight.

Kazooguy Mike Have you got the sour dough bread made :))) MMMM Can hardly wait to test it .
Hope you make extra to trade with :) HEHEHE.

Patriotboy : Kris Sure hope to meet you & Your family here with us .

I Hope to be at the Park by 10am Looks as IF there will not be any Rain Till Later in the evening & We will be Done by 2-3 pm So everyone will have time to plop their plants in the ground before the rain :)

well got to get out side . have a great day my phone # is above if you have any questions
please leave your # If I 'm out side & don;t hear the phone I Will call you back .

susie

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

susie, i was at Farmers market All DAY!!!!!! i'LL CALL YOU EARLY IN THE MORNING. I have everything we usually need, I plan on getting there with Ronna about 9:30'ish to get our stuff set up, and the sign in table ready. So I'll be ready at 10:00 to help you, and to get everything else ready. I have the "Door prize" all finished and ready too. My phone is 269-664-6737. Don't know why you are having trouble. I'll call you first thing, or call me I'll be up by 6:00.

Kalamazoo, MI(Zone 5b)

DeeJay9
Thanks for the idea. I'll bring some, and some starter with the recipe.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

sorry I couldn't make it, this new job has me working a lot of hours, just wish I wasn't salary....

will look forward to reading all the wonderful stories from everyone that was able to go and meet up.

Janet

was a very very nice day & For all who could not make it WELL YOU MISSED OUT BIG TIME :)
Wait till you See all the pictures .

Just way to tired to post them tonight so will do tomorrow .

Good Night all
susie

Kalamazoo, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello There
Wonderful time!!! If anyone knows how Birdie's daughter is, please drop me a D-mail.
Mike

Ok Here are a few Pictures I'm sure when Birdie has the time after her grand baby arrives
she will post the pictures she took .

here is BIRDIE

Thumbnail by deejay9

KRIS & LEANN

Thumbnail by deejay9

ronna

Thumbnail by deejay9

shelbelly

Thumbnail by deejay9

MIKE

Thumbnail by deejay9

MY Sister Lorraine & Niece Wanda

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay here is my new swap gaden.... small but cute!!!Four of Susies daylilies, coriopsis, and a few laterius I already had. Of course the new chickens!!! Only to eat the slugs! I had a great time. Lots of work but really enjed planting the new plants I swapped today. Still have more to plant. Was really great to see everyone. Some good food too. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Here is my other favorite garden ornament... Gracie

Thumbnail by gardenlady123

RONNA BETTER GET A PAINT PEN OR p-TOUCH LABLER TO MARK THE PLANTS THE MARKER I USED WAS NOT A PERMANENT ONE .

Would anyone like to have a small swap here at my home in Sept My Neighbor said we could use his privian it is almost in my back yard :)
it would have to be possible the 11th or 18th of SEPT . I will have to know By End of June
If anyone would be interrested or not.

& again for all of you who made it to our JUNE 5Th Swap Thank you for making it a success.
Your Smile & Friendship Mean More then the plant :) Although I love all that you shaded with me :) .

Mike It Was a Big Pleasure Meeting you & I Do Believe your sour dough Bread was a Big Hit .

Ronna : I Forgot to ask about the Gound Ginger That has to be in shade Yes ????

Kris& Leann : I Hope your Plant sale Brought in Lots of Money for you , & Your trip was a safe one .

Shel : THANK YOU Thank You Thank You For Making the time to come share with us
we would have really missed you .

& A Huge Thank you to Birdie My CO_ORDINATOR :) HEHE For all your Special Help .
& When you want to take that trip over to Charlotte with me just call.

well its going to be a little wet to work outside but i do have some pottings to do . you all have a great day & Hope to see you all soon .

susie

Sand Lake, MI

Ahhh! Kris and I can finally relax. We had a great time at the swap but were sorry to have to swap and run. We really wish we could have stayed to chat and visit with you all. Next year should be better.

The long road trips were safe. Our neice and her family were very happy we made the trip down for her graduation party. Glad her sister doesn't graduate for 3 years yet.

The plant sale was our best year yet. Thanks to all who sent plants home for it. It feels great to have it out of the way early. Now I can enjoy the rest of the summer doing my own gardening. If any of you made it up for the sale, I'm sorry I didn't get to say hi. Those crazy folks think I am the resident gardening expert and send all the questions my way. If they saw all the weeds in my gardens they would think again.

Leann

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Um I really think the shade is the best place for the ginger. I had it there and it really thrived!!! I am not sure about the September swap for me. Will have to see what transscribes!!! Thanks everyone my new plants look great and all are doing well! Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi All, thanks to susie for another great swap. (for all of you who were there Sat. no baby as of yet, it was a false alarm. ^_^)
Here are a few pictures to hold you over until the video is finished. Have a good night.

Thumbnail by 1Birdie

Thanks Birdie sorry about the false alarm , Lots of work to do in my garden today if weather lets me you all have a great week love hearing from you.

susie

Well I Have a NEW INTEREST THREAD UP COME CHECK IT OUT >

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1118764/

Grand Rapids, MI

THANKS FOR CONTACTING ME. I'M NEW TO MICHIGAN ( DEC.6 2012) AND LEFT A BEAUTIFUL GARDEN BEHIND ON LONG ISLAND, N.Y. I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE ANY PLANTS IN THIS GARDEN TO SWAP. LYNN/ RUBYMOM

Don't worry about that Just come have fun & Meet other gardeners I'm sure you will have plenty of plants to take home with you :)

If you do craft of any kind you can always trade for plants with crafts or garden ornaments
Hope to see ya there .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.