2010 ' FREEPORT " PLANT SWAP IN THE PARK

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I didn't work outside today it was just way to windy for this ole gal :) Pending on the weather tomorrow I will do my best to get out a couple boxes also just to cold out there today .

Beside we are way ahead of our due dates :) So You All are very LUCKY :)))

well I'm off to watch a movie & cuddle down under a nice warm blanket :)ya all have a great evening also .

susie

you TWO Are unique enough Sure can't call ya ANTIQUE Like Me :))) Sure hope you can make it .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Haven't got any more potter yet to cold for me! Want to get more ginger thinned out. Some more ground covers also. Ronna

Yep To Rainy Today Good Day to lay up :))) Going To Go Over the the News Paper Office & Get OUR AD IN THE PAPER IT IS FREE SO THAT IS NICE FOR IT IS AN EVENT .

OH & I"M OUT OF POTS BIG TIME SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANYONE WITH EXTRA POTS PLEASE BAG THEM UP FOR ME , IF YOU LIVE NEAR A RECYCLE PLACE & THEY HAVE ANY I SURE NEED THEM LET ME KNOW MAYBE I CAN MEET YOU TO PICK THEM UP.

I CAN USE SOME TREE SIZE ON DOWN ALONG WITH SEED TRAYS .JUST CALL ME 269-945-4323
NEED BADDLY.

THANK YOU

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Rain, rain go away we want to play!!! lol

Kalamazoo, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello There
Yes. It's a good day to have seeds in the soil. ;>}
Mike

DID SOMEONE SAY THEY WERE PLANTING SEEDS :) ??? HELPPPPPP I need trays

Thumbnail by deejay9
Grand Rapids, MI

I spent all day Saturday working in the rain putting in a MUD PUDDLE. It was supposed to be a cobblestone pathway but apparently I didn't have the slope right! When I watered it to "set" the stones it filled up with water and turned into mud... at the same time DH let the doggie out to tromp through it on his way to potty. Ah well, learning opportunity. Ronna, I have lots of different types of low growing sedums... would be nice in a rock garden. I'll pot some up. They do well sun or shade too.

SBS

WELL i GOT THE FLIERS OUT & ABOUT THROUGH TOWN :) I'm chilled to the bones & Have got to go warm up :) you all have a great evening .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Aw shelle sorry for your delema! So much work... Thanks for the sedum offer maybe I will take a few.. Not a huge fan of them but certainly will try them... I hope the weather is good this day we have been getting so many thunderstorms and raining hard right now! Have a great day everyone! Ronna

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

just found this thread and wondering where this is at in relation to Detroit? Even though I'm in Cleveland I'm 3 hours from Detroit and if yall aren't too much further away I'm rather interested in maybe coming...

thanks

Janet

Hi Janet we are about 3 hrs west of Detroit But your welcome to come for the weekend we can find a place for you to camp out if you have a camper :) I Have 17 acres for you to camp on :)

Ronna All this rain & Thunder & Lighting is causing me HOUSE_SA_TOESA I Hate it one day a week is plenty for me I need to get outside :)))) Hope today is the end of it .

30 MORE DAYS :)

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

ya know that might be the makings of a nice little weekend trip.

I'll check with my husband and see what he things, I've not been to that part of Michigan, many moon ago lived in detroit...

thanks

Janet

edited to ask for the full address of the park

This message was edited May 13, 2010 8:14 AM

100 state st Freeport Mi

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

sunny today!!! Yes, maybe I can pot a few things.... Quit possibly am not going to be a ble to come;( I am having to change my schedule at work for something for my daughter. Am working really hard to be able to make it. Sorry for this news. But will continue to pot and keep hoping! Ronna

RONNA TRY HARD VERY VERY HARD FOR I HAVE A COUPLE SURPRISES FOR YOU oH pLEASE TRY HARDER MY FRIEND :)

SUSIE
OFF TO PLAY OUT IN THE SUNSHINE

Grand Rapids, MI

Hope you are able to make it Ronna!!! I'll look for other low-growers to bring along.

Meadowyck, there are lots of fun things to do in West Michigan... This Herb farm is beautiful and not too far from Susie's. http://www.southernmoon.com/ If the swap isn't enough incentive! I'd offer to go with but unfortunately (or... fortunately???) my grandparents-in-law will be in town that weekend so I'll have to scoot after the swap.

Supposed to be nice this weekend, Susie! Maybe I'll have better luck with my cobblestone path tomorrow. We'll see.

WISHING YOU LUCK SHELL

this was our fun day at southern exposure herb gardens

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/skohler1949/SOUTHERN%20EXPOSURE%20HERB%20FARM/

Sand Lake, MI

Guess who is coming after all! Kris and I finally worked out our schedule (so long as work doesn't get needy) and we are on our way. I have about 50 pots of goodies ready. Still trying to decide what else should go. It never feels like enough until I have to load the truck.

Is anyone looking for strawberries? We have many plants running away from their plot and are looking for good homes for them. If someone needs some we will dig that morning and bring along.

Susie, what is your time frame for the swap and lunch. I know it starts about 11. Are you doing the swap first or lunch? We are scooting home, unloading plants and driving to Columbus that night so just curious. I know we will probably have to leave shortly after the swap part no matter which comes first.

If I can fit them in I will bring extra pots. Hope that isn't too late for you.

Off to start making plant labels, Leann

Well We can Start the swap at 12:30 so figure we should be done with the round robins By 1 Pm Then it will be a free For after that .
As for the Pots Yes I will be fine till then but bring what you can I sure will need them .

I hear there is a recycle place in Kalmazoo That Have Loads of them But i have not a clue how to get around down there . So That is out for me .

Yes ON The strawberrys would like Maybe about 20 Plants is a plenty if you Have,
Here is a start of what I have :) Never Ending out there Can tell where the weds end & Flowers Start :(

Has anyone any Basket of Gold ALYSUMM ??? Would like a couple starts if so ,

Looking For a Red Rose , An ORANGE Rose, or an old Seven Sister Rose .

is there anyone out there lurking for anything special speak now :)

well it has been a long day & I need to go sit back . chat more tomorrow & I'm So happy to hear you will be with us Biz :)

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Hello Everyone, Susie, sorry I've been MIA. My computer had a virus, but its better now. ^_^
I think I've got everything (except my plants ready!)
Heres my list, let me know if I'm missing anything.
#1 Flyeres made and to Susie X
#2 Picture for the newspaper to Susie X
#3 Xtra disposable tablecloths X
#4 pens and pencils, paper, and small table for sign in area X
#5 Packing Tape and Dispenser for tablecloths X
#6 Gift wrapped and in brown paper bag for gift exchange X
#7 Door Prize X
#8 CAMERAS FOR LOTS OF PICTURES AND MOVIES!! X BRING YOUR SMILES.
#9 Iced Tea and Coffee , cups and dispensers X
Should we try to meet this week, or don't you think we need to? I know you asked me to bring a certain dish to pass, but i can't remember what it was? You can dmail me.
Did you get your printer working?

Shel, I'll bring a box of myrtle for you. I'll gladly take some sedum if you have extra. Also, I've started making "Living Walls, and Wreaths", so if anybody has any succulents they could bring, I'd sure apppreciate it.

Guess I best sign off,

Susies unofficial secretary, and helper elf,
Birdie

Thumbnail by 1Birdie

BIRDIE I NEW YOU Would get it all in even if you are to busy to call me Or dmail me SNIFF SNIFF :) Wish WE COULD MEET This week JUST Not SURE WHEN IT Could Be .

Unless You Could FIND Time to Help Me Get This Dang Printer figured out I Need it so badly & it just will not pint over one page then quite on me again.
So Yes if you was to find 30 mins to spare for me sure would help allot.

well i have some plants that have to go out today so guess i better get moving here .
call me cell if you can 269-953-7765

Grand Rapids, MI

Leann, that's great you can make it! Look forward to seeing you. I can use some strawberries too, my hubby did me a huge favor and tilled the garden one day while I was at work... except he tilled my strawberry patch under. I couldn't complain since he thought he'd done so good :-) Gotta love him.
Birdie, I'll pack up some sedum for you!
See you soon! SB

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay things worked out I believe for now!!! So I will be there after all. Unless...!!!???? I only have Saturday off now. Got a few more items potted here also. Am trucking right along. I have shade stuff as always. Hostas, ginger, epimedium, yellow wax bells.... maybe. can not decide! lots more. See you there... Ronna

I "VE Only Gotten about 108 plants so far :))) & More to dig. :) Have to take a friend in for an MRI Tomorrow & Other running around so no Garden for me :)))

you all have a great evening ,
susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Susie would you have a couple of those geourgeoue Iris to share maybe??? I have a small area I want to try a few more Iris in.... I only want a couple if you can spare them. Would love them! A dark purple would be great! Any color is fine really am not fussy at all just love the plants.. Thanks, Ronna

I Sure will be bringing some .
here is one I will be bringing it is called
color tart

Thumbnail by deejay9

Here is possible another & I Will post the ones I will bring as they Bloom if they Bloom
the last frost got many of the buds .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Sand Lake, MI

Ok Susie. I'll try to keep up. Back to the garden to see what else can come up.

I'm bringing strawberries for Susie and Shel. Anyone else? Not sure how many plants have to come out.

For the hosta lovers, Kris may be bringing a miniature. He has been talking about it but cringes everytime he thinks about splitting it.

Off to the garden...Leann

Grand Rapids, MI

Susie, sometime you'll have to post the names of the iris bulbs you brought last Fall. I have a few of them but wrote them down with pen that didn't last the winter. What a buggar! One of these years it will click how to keep my labels from fading off over winter. I'm trying the soda can label method next...

Yay, strawberries! Thanks, Leann. Looking forward to seein' ya!

P-TOUCH WORKS THE BEST

http://www.ptouchdirect.com/
AS FOR THE IRISES THAT i tOOK iF YOU HAVE BLOOMS & CAN TAKE A PICTURE I CAN TELL YA MAYBE WHAT IT IS . sorry for the caps .

Can you believe its just 2 weeks away & We will have one big free for all fun :) Just seems it gets better ever year :)

if we do a fall swap i think I will have it here at the House :))) that way I can go dig the plant fresh & Not have to pot any up :))))

well time to lay back you all have a great evening

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Been raining and storming here for a couple of hours. Just got back from a long walk with the dog. Have a mail swap going on I have to send out tomorrow. Am excited about that too. Swapping is fun! I am really not doing to many mail swap only on something I really want can not take the postage due any more... Sad, they are fun also. OOOHHHH on the mini hostas! Will have to try and be first to them! Have a great day and weekend everyone... Ronna

Here is a start of what will be on the trailer :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

here are a few more that may be included if I have the room .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well Sussie I do not have nearly that many!!! But I do have quit a handfull! Got more done today. Also got the rest of my trim painted on the house. Have more ginger I want to get potted too. But have to work now until Thursday. Will have to get out there after work now I guess. Hey is that hosatas I see on the tiered thing? In your photo? Really am full in the yard. Starting to look junglie. LOL. See everyone on the 5th. Birdeie I want to make plans with you to follow you to the swap okay? Am not knowing how to get out there!!! Lost already.... 2696851061. Ronna

Yes I Have Gold Standard & Francee also will be bringing . a few of these

I think these are ceasar brother Iris ???

Thumbnail by deejay9

these are a yellow iris

Thumbnail by deejay9
Sand Lake, MI

This is rain or shine right? I see a few drops on Saturdays forecast.
Hope the weatherman in wrong, wrong, wrong. It's early yet.
Leann

Yep Leann RAIN OR SHINE :) 40% it won't bother us we have the best place in the state to play :))) Just ask Birdie & shell how cold our fall swap was but we had fun :)))

the sun will be in & out & I Think they said 75 so it will be Just right for the trades :)))
as you all know Morning always Look Damp wet gloomy But it always clears off by 10 am ,
& we can start at 11:30 am if everyone is there .

I plan to be there by 10 am to have the tables lined up .

I will be gone most of the day today if anyone needs dirrection go to map Quest
& Type in 100 state st Freeport Mi 49325

If anyone Needs more info contact me at above info.

this is the privillian it is nice .
here is a link to enlarge the pic if need

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/skohler1949/100_3603.jpg

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay! I am going to be with birdie in the earlier morning. Thanks for the directions. Am really looking forward to this swap will be so much fun.... Ronna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.