2010 ' FREEPORT " PLANT SWAP IN THE PARK

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

4TH ANNUAL PLANT SWAP IN THE PARK
SPONSORED BY : SUSIE KOHLER 269-945-4323
OTHER HELPERS ARE : 1BIRDIE

Looks as if everyone is to busy to have a get together to set up time & Date So I have Made my calls & set the date & time Sure Hope everyone will be able to make it .

FREE TO ALL JUST THE COST OF THE GAS TO GET THERE & BACK
PLAY AREA FOR THE KIDS WITH A FREE SITTER .

WHERE ; FREEPORT PARK : FREEPORT MICH
DATE : JUNE 5 TH 2010
TIME : 11 AM-----???? TILL ALL PLANTS HAVE FOUND A NEW HOME TO GO TO

THERE ARE PLENTY OF TABLES UNDER THE PAVILION FOR OUR PLANTS WE JUST ASK THAT YOU BRING A CHEAP TABLE CLOTH TO PUT ON THE TABLE TO SET YOUR PLANTS ON THEM .
MANY OF THESE ARE NEW TABLES & WE DO NOT WANT TO CAUSE ANY DAMAGE TO THEM .

POT LUCK BRING A DISH TO PASS WITH TABLE SETTINGS . THERE IS PLUG INS IF YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR DISH HOT . OR IF YOU HAVE A COLD PLATE PLEASE PUT IT ON ICE .

WATER & COFFEE & ICE TEA WILL BE FURNISHED .

TYPE OF PLANTS PLEASE

" MATURE PERENNIALS POTTED UP OR ROOTS MUST BE WASHED & PLACED IN BAGGIES &
READY TO BE TRANSPLANTED . ALL NEED TO BE TAGGED PROPERLY

HOUSE PLANTS ARE WELCOME ALSO ,

NO PLANTS IN DIXIE CUPS PLEASE
NO SEEDLING'S UNLESS THEY ARE POTTED IN 4OR 6 CELLS & WILL COUNT AS 1 PLANT
VEGGIES ARE WELCOME

BRING A WRAPPED GARDENING GIFT PLACED INTO A BROWN PAPER SACK IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET IN ON OUR GIFT BAG GAME SO MUCH FUN GIFT COST IS UP TO YOU AS TO WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO GIVE .

ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO ADD TO THIS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Grand Rapids, MI

Hi Susie,

I've marked June 5 on my calendar! Looking forward to seeing the crew! Hope everyone os having a good pre-spring. I can't wait to get my fingernails dirty!!!

here also i have been laid up from a hernia repair done the 19th so just starting to be able to sit up longer at the computer :) still can't get jeans on to go anywhere :( i have no where to go anyway :) I did all our shopping before my surgery so we are set .

Birdie I hope all is well I had left messages bu no answer from you. did you go back to work ???
Daisy has laid 15 eggs so far :) wish you would give me a call when you get time .

i'm looking forward to june also . what about linda & liz have you chatted with them ???

sun is popping out today so nice to see. great hearing from you shel

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh Susie, I am so sorry to hear you have been layed up.
But on the other side there could not be a better time.
The spring is just around the corner and you and I will have to be well by then.
Yes I had a bit of a down time this winter too.
But I am on the mend and hope you are too!!
Take care of your self. And remember what the doctor told you..
REST NO STRESS!!

Julie

I'm On The Mend Feel freat from the surgery but had a bug hit me over the weekend & all this nice weather coming in this week & I have to have a bug No way .

walked out side a bit yesterday & I have tulips , Hyacinth, & Daff peeking out :))) But they say More snow Next week Crazy winter .

For anyone who would like to meet with us BIRDIE & I Are going to meet On THURS The 18th in DELTON
At the Restrant south of town & I cannot remember the name of it but it is on the southside of town.

Love to have you join us :))) you all stay well & Jazz Hope you will get better & Join us for the swap :)))
good to hear from you .

susie

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Susie for the get well wishes too.
I am going to go out and see if any of my tulips are peeking up!!
Julie

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

I think I might be able to make this one! Glad to hear you ladies are on the mend! As my mother taught me, if it hurts, don't do it! :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Hopefully I will be able to make this one!!! Looked way ahead and have it iff for the weekend so far. Never know with my job. We are always short employees! I do have lots that needs to be divided. I have crocuses up and looking beautiful. Primroses are out and daffys are coming up as well. Hope everything is well with all. Winter might be gone now. Have been working in the yard. Mostly getting the piles from the dog cleaned up! Happy St. Pattys day, Ronna

HAPPY ST PATTIES DAY TO YOU ALL :) hey I Spent A 1/2 hr typing up a message after Kris did yesterday
& Now it is gone :( OUT In CYBER SPACE .

I Wanted to say to Kris To Be sure to Bring the Family For the Kids will have a great time At the park there is a ball field , along with Play grounds ,
those that have been there can tell you it is the perfect place . for the swap . Not Hard to find at all .

Just Bring Your Own Drinks , Your Plants, Your Family, Eating Utinsels, & Smiles :)

I Will Be bringing My Famous Peanut Butter cake . & Loads of plants :)))

Oh Bring a WRAPPED gardening gift The Drawings are a Blast :)))
well got to get off here you all have agreat day .

REMEMBER LUNCH NOON TOMORROW MAR 18th Delton Restrant Ronna HOPE you can be there
Birdie I WIll be there .

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

I will do my best to bring the kids :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

change in the lunch plans for tomorrow (Thursday 18th). Its been switched to BREAKFAST Friday (19th ) morning at 8:30.
At:
Bowen's Family Dining
11176 S M 43 Hwy
Delton, MI 49046
(269) 623-8500

Ronna, if you want to come to my house and ride with me that would be great

Ok will do so I have today to finish up on my little GreenHouse I Know it Don't look Green right NOW anyway :)
its only an 8x8 But its My Little PLAY House :)

you all have a great day see you tomorrow .
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Sand Lake, MI

Susie,
I am so jealous that you are building a greenhouse. Someday I'll have my own. Glad to hear you are up and around.
Right now it looks like I won't make the swap this Spring. Very disappointed. My niece is graduating this year and so far that is the date of her party. Maybe things will change.
Leann

you know we are always done by 2 pm :))) So You will have Plenty of time to make her Party After :))) Oh I do hope you can make it , Birdie & I have something special plan for you all :))) .

so hope you can find a way of joining us :))) .

here is the link to my Mini GH IF ANyone wants to follow it :)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1083429/

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

OK, to get everyone in the "plant swap mood" here is a quick video I threw together, from our fall swap. I had BIG plans of Shel belle and I making a spectacular video, and sending it out at Christmas. However, with my mothers illness and then sudden death, and us closing our business in G.R. This whole yr., things haven't gone quite as planned.
Hope you enjoy this anyway, I promise to do better in the spring.
Fall Swap 2009 :
http://www.shwup.com/openalbum/fall_swap_in_the_park_2009/W5uabrKkXEh

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

And to continue on with the Plant Swap merriment here's a refresher from last yr's Spring swap! Enjoy
.http://picasaweb.google.com/fawnkimmel/SwapVideo?authkey=Gv1sRgCMnO_P3i1MKCCQ&feat=directlink

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

Birdie, that is a great video. Thanks for sharing it with us. Now if I only knew who was who....
I wish I could go to the spring swap, but my whole weekend is booked up. It sure sounds like a lot of fun.

oh Birdie thank you :) We do have fun sun or rain so far we just had the cold but it was still lots of fun :)

Dorothian as for who is who . on the group picture above

here are a few links to some of the 1st swaps
this is the park our 1st swap was June 7th 08 OH So Much Fun .
I do Hope many of you can make it .

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/skohler1949/100_3603...

Here is what wiggie Posted about our 1st swap .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/860444/

cottage-rose I do hope you can make it this year . also shel I trully HOPE Your Day Opens Up to Join us for
we need your smiles :)))) Were Going to have some New Plants to try I Hope to anyway :))) .

well got to get my day going you all have a great day .

susie

Susie, your photobucket link doesn't work. The Dave's Garden one works, though and I enjoyed looking at all the pictures. Seeing that running bamboo reminds me that I have some dwarf clump forming bamboo that needs divided as the clump is getting too big. it may take a bulldozer to get it out, LOL.

try this link

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/skohler1949/FREEPORT%20PLANT%20SWAP%2009/

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello there all!!! I haven't forgotten about you all. It seems like I miss all the invites and really would love to see everyone. Really! Please forgive me. Hopefully in June. Maybe before? Who knows. Ronna

Thought you had abanded us :) Sure happy to have you back with us :)

sorry for the short note but i have company on the way over So will be back in the morning

Good Night All

Thanks, Susie, that worked fine. It's nice to see what everyone looks like. No one looks like I imagined them, LOL.

Well you can tell We are Just MICHIGAN HILLBILLY GUYS & GALS :))))
we do have fun when we get together.

Wiggly-Paw Has Been Very Quiet This Winter Sheri OH SHERI Where are you. , Guess I Better Give her a call & Wake her out of HYBERNATION :)

you all have a great day this is going to be a fun week :) . WARMER :)

susie

Grand Rapids, MI

Birdie, offer still stands for this year's video. Can't wait to see everyone again! SB

Oh Shel We all Sure Hope you can make it , have you talked with Linda or liz ??? I Hope they can make it also .

Hey Birdie if you get a few mins can you give me a call tomorrow . 945-4323 early if you can please .

Ok Birdie Heres Our NEWBIES :))))) BORN April 1st we have 12 as of right now she has 10 more eggs but don't think they will be any good . not sure.

Thumbnail by deejay9
Grand Rapids, MI

I'm pretty sure Linda is planning on attending again this year. SB

shel has Linda an email ???

Birdie I got the flyers thank you they are great & Will start hanging them soon .

Here is an up-date on the kids :))) here is their new home :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

Here is their new play grounds :)

Thumbnail by deejay9
Grand Rapids, MI

Susie, Just D-mailed you Linda and Liz's email addresses. They are both planning to attend!

yes got them thank you :)))) hope to chat soon :)

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

hello just renewed my subscription wasn't sure if I could this year due to low hours at work. But I took the 20.00 bucks anyway! When is anyone available to get together again? I think I will start to dig up some things for the swap this weekend. Long as I remember to water them they should be good. I know Susie has a whole trailer load already..... Ronna

just 1/2 so far my tractor needs a new starter :) so have to go the old fastion way using the wheel barrel NOT :(
have a great day My 5 yards of soil is on the way :)

susie

Grand Rapids, MI

Glad you could hang with us, Ronna! We missed you at the fall swap! You got any more myrtle you need to unload :-))) Last year's crop is doing very well but it only made it half way down the strip I'm trying to fill in. So bummed it is supposed to get cold in time for the weekend, why can't today be a weekend???

I Agree slap the weather man :) I Just got started Here is what i have done today

Thumbnail by deejay9

these will be for my new Plants from swaps :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9

Here is a start of what I will be taking Sure they will be ready by June :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

another

Thumbnail by deejay9

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.