2010 ' FREEPORT " PLANT SWAP IN THE PARK

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

& Just one more :)

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

HELLO aLL, well the screen on my computer has been replaced so I'm back up and running finally.
Ronna....want to meet for lunch or coffee before the swap? Will you be riding with me to Freeport this year?
Shell.....I know i brought you tons of myrtle last spring, but do you want more? Or does anyone want me to bring some?

Susie.......Oh great leader of the swap. ^_^
Did you get the pkg of flyers I sent out to you? Were they OK?
Also I figured we better meet one more time for last min details? (Want to come Ronna?) Should I bring the "mega" tape dispenser again? That worked pretty well.
PS how are the babies?
My blue/Purple peacock is gorgeous this yr. Should get some pretty ones from him. We gonna trade plants for a litttle baby boy?

Thumbnail by 1Birdie

Yes we should get together just one time before the big day & Gals How about Delton . ronna Just tell us what day is good for you .

Birdie I did get the flyiers sure i dmail you to let you know they are great & I Hope to start putting them up soon .

As for our Babies :) here is their new night time home :)) got to go take them their bkf :) right now ,
so LMK when & where .

yes on a boy for sweetpea :)

susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Grand Rapids, MI

Hi Birdie! Yep, I'm game for more myrtle. I have a pretty long strip under some burning bushes that I'd like to fill in. Lots of work there Susie! We'll have to come out and see it in person again this summer! Looking forward to seeing everyone. SB

Just come on over any time always welcome :) on my way out the door again .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay if we make plans for lunch or something that is great but could you please call me instead of just posting? I always miss the posting and feel really bad. 2696851061. I have 430 off. May: 6, 14, 22, 28th. May 8th we are having a bridal shower for daughter Amanda. Exciting. July 10th is the wedding. It will be here soon enough. Everything is pretty much set. Please call me. I would love the contact. Thanks Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Ronna, May 8th we're having a baby shower for my daughter Abbie!! I'll call you, but i think the 4/30 day would work for me. How about it Susie?

Open on my end just tell me when & where .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

BTW I have absolutly no idea where this place is in Delton you usually go to. So maybe I could follow you Birdie or you could ride with me. Just an FYI. Ronna

Its the only one going into town from south side :) of town west side of road :) Easy to find .

Kalamazoo, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello There
Is this get together on June 5 just a ladies affair? I'd sure like to meet you all. I work for Portage Public Schools and June 5 is the first day of summer break. Sounds like a great way to kick it off. I planted two kinds of basil and some extra Mortgage Lifter tomatoes. Does that sound like the kind of thing worth trading for? I could also bring some chives, bee balm or no name yellow daylillies (not Stella Dorra). DeeJay9, I need to talk to you about that greenhouse (I think) in one of your pictures. Makes me wonder why I'm messing with shoplights in my basement. Thanks for asking for directions. I needed them too.
Mike

Hi Mike & NO This is Not just for Ladies Only We have about 4+ Guys who come & share their plants also .
& Yes Tomato's & Herb Plants are Find to bring along with other Perennials You Might have .

Hope you have a Truck for these swappers Are all so very very Generous to newbies :) hehe
when you share with us one time you will make it an yearly swap in your Calendar Trust me it is So Much Fun .

If you have other gardening friends down your way I can send you a few Posters to put around if you like .

all you have to bring is Just your plants BE SURE To Mark them , Pot Them Up or Put Them into Dirt into Shopping bags

Or Do like our friends linda & Liz Did & Put them into Plastic Baggies with the names on the outside . sure hope to see ya there .
if you can dmail me your address I will put a couple fliers in the mail to you .
or anyone wanting one . Birdie did a great Job on them

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh I have been working very hard in the yard today!!! Cold and windy but I got so many things potted and ready for the swap!!! Will be able to get more potted I am sure.... Sounds like fun, sure hope it is warmer than it has been. Ronna

IT IS Going to be a great big sunny bright day for our swap :)) I have it ordered :)
I also Have been potting up plants :))) & I have Blooms today Oh So cute .
here is .

BLUEBERRY TART

Thumbnail by deejay9

Not going to bore you with all yet & I need a few surprises at the swap :)))

BUMBLEBEE DELITE

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi guys, okay next Fri (7th) in Delton. Ronna, just come and follow mw ^_^
Would it be okay to meet at 3:00? I have been invited to be some ones "Special Person" at their kindergarten class. If thats okay, Ronna you can be here at my ouse around 2:30-2:45.

Thumbnail by 1Birdie

that is planning to far for me but see nothing going on right now will let you know mid week .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I am very sorry but that is a day I have to work. I listed the 6th as a day off for me.... Hoping to get more stuff potted as I have tomorrow off... Anyone looking for some Ground cover Ginger? I have some potter already. Ronna

ronna I just got some white ginger from a friend in NY Is that the same ??? I have also started to pot up all kinds of goodies , I have a few RED Quince tree or Bush es :) Hope they will make it :)

I have to share this with you all One certain Person whom I won't Name yet Has offer to Bring
SOUR DOUGH BREAD MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Not sure if it will be Hot & Fresh out of the oven BUT WHO Cares :) It Is Great anyway its served :)

Birdie I Need a Picture of the tables from last spring if you have so I can get the posting in our local newspaper
by the 15th so will need it by the 10th so we will have to Meet soon let me know girls .

susie

Grand Rapids, MI

Hmmm what is ground cover ginger? Is it for shade? I've got lots of spots for shady groundcovers. Sign me up for a red Quince, one of the gals here at work got an arrangement with a branch of quince and tulips last week. BEAUTIFUL! I need a day off to get some gardening done, since the weekends haven't been cooperating!

Quince has your name on it shel :))) been at the neighbors alday Bob fall off the ladder they the ambulance had to call for a helicotor to medivac him to spectrum so they had to land in our back field to air lift him out .
just got home had to stay with his daughter till other family could come stay with her for the night .

it has been quite a day & So I need to lay back . will chat more tomorrow .

good night all

BIRDIE Got to share with you I Have 2 babies who love to fly up on my sholder :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9

baby 2

Thumbnail by deejay9

they landed :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

I Cannot meet you gals at Delton ON THE 7 TH For margaret is leaveing for IND & I cannot leave daddy . If you gals would like
you can come out to the house here I can have coffee & a Dessert ready you can also pick up a few plants :)
let me know . JUST CALL ME WITH A TIME .

This message was edited May 3, 2010 7:46 PM

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

The 7th would be fine but I have to work until 2.... Maybe just a little later? Call me and let me know okay thanks... 6851061. I will try to log on here to see also. Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay Mrs. Birdie I left you a mail... Hopefully I will see you today... If 4 is to late we can leave at 3:30? Just let me know okay? Am looking forward to seeing you two. Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Ronna and Susie, My daughter who we're having the baby shower for tomorrow, it on her way to the hospital. She's at 32 weeks, but started having pain, and other problems. The Dr called the hospital so they're waiting for her. Don't plan on me today. I'm heading up to the hospital now. I'll let you know what happens. You two have fun without me.
Birdie

Good Morning all & Happy MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS & GMOTHERS .

we have JUST 26 Days About Till The Big DAY & So MUCH FUN PLANNED . I Sure Hope to BREAK The RECORD FOR Getting to KNOW MORE OF OUR DG MEMBERS .

Please if all of you can maybe take a copy of our EVENT & Put IT Up ON
BULLITON BOARDS THROUGH OUT Your Work Places Or Local Stores ,
I Know we Can have a great group .

As Of right NOW I KNOW OF POSSIBLE 30 so We Might Have to Bring A Couple
Of Folding TABLES .

I Hope Birdie won't mind but here is just a sample of a few of the plants we share .

also I have a couple gals looking for hardy hybiscus anyone have some to share ??

Well I Hope to get more plants potted up today . time to go feed .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I think I will have some forsythias to share. Mine are in the wrong spot in my yard.... Not enough sun as is always the problem for me. Love the yellow color in the spring. I think for moms day I will be in the yard. Am starting to work on a rock garden. Got some beauties the other day! Will post some pictures when am working on it. Any small plants going to be swap? I guess thats what is suppose to go in them. Am really looking forward to the swap! Do not know what to bring for the dish to pass yet!! I have some stuff potted up but with all the rain its been slow. Everything has really popped out so now I can see what needs to be divided. Happy mothers day to all. Ronna

Ronna I Think I will have a few types of shorter plants for rock garden will have to wait see after the frost .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Part shade? I will try anything thanks Susie. Really am trying to get some inspiration.... Ronna

WELL I DON'T HAVE ALLOT OF SHADE HERE AS YOU KNOW :) But just went out in the cold just for you
to see what i have that is short & Can share here are a few .
mind you i have no name for them except some i know are hardy dianthus :),
this plant i do not know the name only that it has been blooming now for about 3-4 wks in cold & Freezes & Still out shines the rest just love it , not sure if i got it in a trade or if i bought it .

but here goes & you tell me if you like or not . so i can take it . this one is small yet
so don't have much to share .

if anyone out there knows what it is would love to know . its only about 8-10 in high & maybe 8-10 in around

Thumbnail by deejay9

this one is like a carnation dianthus full of buds right now .

Thumbnail by deejay9

these are a short dianthus of sorts & Also loaded with buds will be bringing a few of these .

Thumbnail by deejay9

not sure what type of BULBS These are but they are choaking out a daylily & I will need to
remove them when they are done blooming .

Thumbnail by deejay9

& If I can I will have lambs ears for any who want. also lily of the valley ,
& For what I Cannot fit on my trailer Or in my car you are welcome to follow me back to the house for more :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

Bizzie11 I Sure hope you all are going to be there with us again this year . :)))

Vickie/cottagerose love to see you also .

& Jazz For sure Please give it a shot :)
well its time to go check out the great out doors again have a great day

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

no the yellow plant is pretty but probably needs full sun and I can not provide it. I really do not like loosing anything!!! But thanks. It is to chilly to really enjoy working outside today. You are stronger than I am! Ronna

Sand Lake, MI

We will know if we are coming next weekend. The niece graduating is near Columbus OH. If we don't have invite by next weekend, we will not go. Getting kind of short notice for out of towners who both have to get time off from work. Even if we go for the party on Sunday we are trying to figure out how to work in the swap. I'll keep you posted.

Was wandering out in the garden trying to find something unique to bring. Still working on it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.