January Weather - Part # 2

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well Pep we've been basking in the Southern Winds!
2nd day in a row of 50°
Snow is about gone... ice has broken up nicely in the Pond.

Kelli I can use that big ole' pile of rocks here! lol!
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Tomorrow we should have all the sanding done.
Had to go back over a few spots w/ mud... errrr....!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: are mice on the menu for the Kestrel? If so, you should be mouse-free in your neighborhood soon! LOL Hope Monty is doing okay or was his vet visit for a regular check-up?
Rann: It's good that you have family nearby. :o)) Precious picture of the girls--they have really grown since that was taken!
Sally: gorgeous hair! I've never had long hair--my hair was very curly and very thick and coarse, too, when I was younger and it just wasn't feasible for me to have long hair. As I have gotten older the curl has relaxed a lot and my hair is thinning somewhat, too. I always wanted to wear it in a pony tail but never could. I lived over it, though. LOL From that photo, it looks as if you have a nice collection of books! Just think--with all that oatmeal you've been eating, you are surely lowering your cholesterol! LOL I, myself, have had oatmeal with blueberries almost every day this week. A little cholesterol-lowering never hurt anyone! :o))
Adina: great photo tour of the old village! Such beautiful carved handiwork on those gates and the arch over the sidewalk. The woven fencing is amazing!
Crissy: sweet potato hash browns--that's something I have never had although I have eaten sweet potato fries and liked them.
Celia: your bird looks rather like a downy woodpecker to me--only not quite the same. What is it?
Kelli: enjoyed both videos and the music--makes me want to "dance a jig"--LOL was that a banjo or a dulcimer in there somewhere? Pretty drive along the street in the first video. I can understand why there were so many cars parked along that big rock in the 2nd video. It looks like it is just the perfect place for a rock climber to practice his/her "art".

It's been a rather dreary, overcast day. It didn't start raining at my house until later this afternoon--no downpours--just a soft drizzle most of the time. Crissy has already given our forecast so I won't repeat it. Everyone have a good rest of the evening!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ric: we crossed. It's good to see your fish! Is that the sewing room you are working on now? It looks as if things are coming right along.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hey Mau!
Yep it's the sewing room.
If we have enough room to move everything out we'd be done all ready but.... lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Ric! I can relate to that! Years ago (and I do mean years!) my first husband and I were adding on to our house in preparation for the arrival of the fourth child. We lived in that mess for several weeks and it sure was nice when it was all finished!

(Zone 7a)

Mau, it's a Northern Flicker. He's a bit bigger than a Robin. We see them mostly in the Fall and Winter.

Ooooo! I love when a project is almost done. Lookin' good, Ric and Robyn!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Celia!
We have a ways to go but we can definitely see the end of the tunnel.
Robyn's going to run a base tile trim all around as I run the rest.
The next big deal will be hanging the sliding doors.... they all have to be custom fit to that low ceiling.

Ric

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

You know Sally I get mad at myself for not getting something better, I could be making 80k a year if I worked for the Feds using my degree, but instead I'm making 25K a year for the State not using my degree, and the State required it!

Celia, is Monty ok? Cool bird!

Nice drive Kelli, thanks for taking us!

Ric you're definitely getting there, it's looking nice!

44.4 °F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 44 °F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 40 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.82 in (Rising)
Visibility: 3.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds:
Few 7000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 583 ft

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. A chance of rain early in the morning. A slight chance of rain in the morning. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph early in the morning...decreasing to 5 mph in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation 50 percent. Average rainfall less than 1/10 inch.

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Southwest winds 5 mph.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rainy here and 40°.... we might catch a few more degrees...

Off to Lowe's!

Ric

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Heavy rain - may wash some of the snow away.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

36* and feels like 30*. WSW wind at 7mph. Still a bit foggy though nowhere near as bad as it has been.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's warm and not raining!! Yayy!!!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:53pm CST (44 min ago)
Temperature 58 °F 14 °C
Dew Point 45 °F 7 °C
Humidity 62%
Pressure 30.07 in 1018.4 mb
Wind Speed 8 MPH 7 kts
Wind Dir WSW 240°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 35.1°F / 1.7°C

Today Partly cloudy. Warmer. Highs in the mid 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. South winds around 5 mph.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Marylyn, we got the opposite weather : it's freezing and snowing!LOL
Ric, good job! The sewing room looks great! Nice to see the fish are OK..uh!
Week-end has been exausting, but I vacuumed all house and did the laundry, also cooked. Today I made donuts...anyone interested to come and have some?LOL
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooo.... Adina, I'm drooling!

I'll be right there Adina!!

(Zone 7a)

Now, I'm hungry! I'll have one! LOL

Monty is fine. His thyroid is out of whack and needs to be checked to make sure the meds are doing their job correctly. We should know on Mon.

29.0 °F
Haze
Windchill: 29 °F
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 21 °F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 3.0 mph
Pressure: 30.01 in (Falling)
Visibility: 3.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 900 ft
Mostly Cloudy 14000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

I'm pulling down some border paper around our house. It's all through the dining area to the hall to the front room I'll get pics of before and after.

In the meantime, my DB sent me an old pic from Christmas Past. What does it say to you? Pictures can sometimes lie. LOL

Thumbnail by kwanjin
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Adina, those look good! BTW, I liked the building pictures that you posted the other day. If I had to guess, I'd say they were in Norway.

Celia, it looks like your parents had the same carpet as my parents.

It started sprinkling in the noon hour and is now full-fledged drizzle.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PST on January 17, 2010
57 °F
Light Rain
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 48 °F
Wind: 6 mph Variable

a couple of pictures from a deciduous bonsai show yesterday at the Arboretum

Thumbnail by Kelli

Thumbnail by Kelli