January Weather - Part # 2

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We'll be in the 30s all week. Gonna feel great except for the snow turning into ice. lol

Here's a pic of my brother's new puppy. He's a cocker spaniel, all black, silky soft and named Diesel. lol. I want him for myself he's so cute!!

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL! Diesel stains on the rug.......
He's a cutie!

Lisa WELCOME!
Just JUMP right in.

Kelli glad you're feeling a bit better.
Take it easy.

Mau 18° in the Sun w/o Wind is actually a lot better than 30 cloudy and windy...lol!

We managed to hit 25° as a high... down to 17° now but we've picked up a SSW Wind so 0° WC.
But that SSW will be bringing a bit of warmth. We should hit the low 40's by Weds/Thurs..

Monty looks a lot like all of our animals... lap rugs.... lol!

Hey BP!

Pretty Poinsettias everyone!
We didn't get or grow any this year....

Everybody try to stay warm!
Ric

(Zone 7a)

Welcome, Lisa!!! As the others said there are no rules. Jump in anywhere. This a great and caring bunch of people from all over, as you may have noticed.

We had an extremely hazy day. They had the signs on the freeway asking people to limit their driving. Darrell and I went out to my SIL just north of us for dinner and the visibility was down to about 3 miles.

It's currently 26º and fog is rolling in.

Mau, Monty had to let mo know I was disturbing him with a pointed look. Stepping over him while he blocks the walkway is, apparently, not permitted. ^_^

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

13°F under a starry sky tonight. No snow again today but they are calling for some over the next 2 days. Last night (Sat. night) was the coldest of the winter with a low of -8°F. It was mostly sunny and gorgeous this morning with an inch of real fluffy sparkling snow shining like diamonds.

Welcome Lisa!

Ric..........I noticed in your earlier pics that the bamboo really looked green and fresh. I have a pot of bamboo that I never got planted last year. I need to find a place for it next spring.

Kelli..........Hope you're feeling well soon. At least you were not affected by the earthquake.

Photo: Western Pa. winter farmland panorama.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

One more..........Snowy back road.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

kwanjin..........Monty is a cool looking cat. Here's a Photoshopped pic of our cat. He's named Kato but I call him Big Kitty.

early_bloomer

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Still mild here ....39°F/4 °C feels like 32°F / 0°C .....wind from ENE at 10 mph / 16 km/h. Mostly Cloudy. Yesterday was similar slightly warmer, low 40's and practically calm. Really nice! :-) The girls and I took advantage of the weather and went for a walk .... the girls insisted on bringing Lotta rabbit along. Not sure she enjoyed it all that much ;-) lol We went to Reykjavik, there's a beautiful area around the salmon fishing river that runs through the city. The snow's all melted but the ice on the river was still pretty thick.

Lisa - welcome!

EB - more GORGEOUS photos! :-) Love them all! We never see ice covered trees overhere .... soooo pretty!:-)

Ric - hope the fish are alright! Glad you saw some sun :-)

Sharon - 19°F!??! :-S That's pretty hard to believe. How far south do the freezing temps reach?

Pepper - What a cute pup! :-) Your photo earlier of the snow covered road looks really cold! Brrr!

Adina - Pretty snowdrops :-)

Celia - lol at Monty - he's king of the house ;-)

Kelli - sorry you've been sick. Hope you feel better soon. LOL on the "no weather" comment ....

Hi! to everyone I missed :-)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes .... Wednesday really can't come soon enough for me! lol

A photo from yesterday .....

Have a good day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

The river Elliðaá .... it branches a bit upstream from this photo ... the island in the middle was planted with trees a long time ago which have grown into a nice forest ... a wonderful place for a walk :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Lotta sitting pretty :-)

Now I'm off to the pool and gym :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' Everybody! We have 2 more inches of snow in the forecast...for tonight.
Clear: 12°F
Feels like: 12°F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: 10°
Humidity: 92%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:37 AM
Sunset: 5:25 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Kelli, Hate that you have the flu, but am glad that you are getting over it!
Lisa! Welcome! :D
Mau, We'll see if the pond 'de-icer' works today...it's so ugly! They could have at least made it look like a lilly pad! LOL! :D
Ric, Hope you see the fishies soon! My sister says that since it's after the 1st of the year...she's ready for spring! LOL! I told her that it ain't over, yet! ;) The farmers almanac Says so! ;)
Sharon, Your still in the deep freeze! Hope you warm up soon!
Sally, Glad that you're stilll around! ;) Yeah, on the new computer! :D Yes, it's been pretty much black & white here since before Christmas!
Pepper, What an adorable puppy! :D And it looks very cold up (over) there!
E_B, Love your shots, but I really like the one of the road! :D Gorgeous farmland!
Adina, Great looking Poinsettias! I didn't have any this year either...
Celia, Monty is Sooooo relaxed! LOL! Cats can do that! ;) Glad that you can see the mountains! :D
Rann, What a great pic of the girls! And walking the bunny, too! How neat! Thanks for the scenery shot! Great! I love the wooded path. :D I will keep my fingers & toes crossed for as long as it takes. ;)

Well, must get ready for work (play).
Have a great day Everybody! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Good morning, everyone!! We are considerably warmer this morning--a toasty 26F on my back porch this morning! LOL Supposed to make it up to 49F today!! Wow!!

Adina: I forgot to comment on your poinsettias--very pretty! I've never had a white poinsettia. I might consider buying one but my bathtub is already full of poinsettias--LOL

Sharon: hang on!! It will get warmer--eventually!!
Pepper: what a cute puppy! I had cocker spaniels when I was growing up. One was named Cinder better known as Cindy,,the other was named Nugget. They were both black.
Celia: Monty makes his own rules doesn't he?--and they all have to do with making his life the life of a King--LOL
EB: it's a regular winter wonderland up there. Beautiful to look at but glad I don't live up there. Guess it all depends on what you are accustomed to. Like Monty, Big Kitty is looking very regal. :o))
Rann: cute photos of the girls and Lotta. Nice shot of the river.
Joey: it's still cold where you are! In fact, it's still cold almost everywhere in the U.S.!!!

# Today: Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 49F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tonight: Some clouds. Low around 25F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

hibiscus from several months ago

Thumbnail by marsue
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lovely landscapes e_b!
Love the 'Shopped' Kitty!

Joey you guys certainly have more snow than us. Pretty!

Rann that's some pretty country!
I have to admit I never see anyone walking a rabbit.
Lotta does look cool in her pink though!

It's 25° and the temps actually went up last night as the clouds moved in.
We might be near 30° before the snow starts this afternoon/evening.
No warnings so I'm not expecting much.... though maybe I should be expecting a foot or so... lol!
Low/Mid 40's by Thursday!!!!

If we get the snow I'll probably head to the local parks for some shots tomorrow.
We have to get our new permit anyway and it should be lovely.
Ric

(Zone 7a)

EB, your kitty looks like he's King of the Roost, too! LOL

Rann, your girls and Lotta look like they had a great time! Hard to believe all your snow is gone and you're warmer than us.

Joey, have fun...ahem...working! LOL

24.8 °F with 34º for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 25 °F
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 18 °F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the SE
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.54 in (Falling)
Visibility: 2.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 200 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

El Capitolo Bloody Mary Hibiscus.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 5a)

Mau - Thanks! Beautiful hibiscus :-) It's cold almost everywhere in Europe as well!

Joey - Thank you :-)

Another photo of Selma and Lotta in the woods :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I bet Lotta's ears were going a mile a minute! lol!

Ric

(Zone 3b)

Raining here in Washington; guess it's why there's so many types of moss and lots of it, too. We fly home Thursday and will miss the mild weather here, but look forward to "real" winter in Alaska. Although, it seems real winter has hit everywhere but this area of Washington state.
Skimming, reading and looking at photos of snow from all over, is quite a sight.
kelli~get well soon.
rann-loved the photo of Selma and bunny; my daughter loved seeing it, too.
Too far behind, but wish you all a great week.
A school in Yelm, Washington. An overview of the area we are visiting.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

crossed, ric. Lotta's got quite the good life~~

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Celia, Monty says he was here first and he's the king of all he surveys :o)

Kelli, sorry you got the flu. Glad you're able to drag around. I don't mind your 70's, it will be here soon enough!

Adina, the poinsettas look so cheerful. I hope someday to have a few plants in the house too, but right now I have cats.

Lisa, always glad to see a ''different'' face. An official welcome!

Marsue, we were lucky to have porch posts. We tied a rope with a clip on to one and left enough rope so the dog couldn't get tangled, but could get into the yard. Then we just reached out, grabbed it and clipped it on to her collar. When she wanted in, she came to the door, we let her in, unhooked her and put set back out by the door. No bundling, or dog getting loose before we got the clip on!

Sharon, I hope you warm up soon.

Pepper, I hear ya!

Bernie, how nice to build with family instead of just for family.

Aw Pep, he's beyond adorable! We had a buff and white female named Julie.

Hey Ric!

Early, absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the red barn, and what a great back road! That's some kitty :o)

Rann, glad you're having good weather! What a beautiful path to walk, and the girls are looking so grown up. Lotta looks like she's right at home. The river is on the move. I love Lotta's pink leash. She's so sweet. Have a happy day!

Joey, it's such a pretty snow. I swear, I think we all got the same storm. Have a good day at work!

Celia, oohhh, Bloody Mary is gorgeous!

Kiska, I understand wanting to get back to the real winter. It's comforting to be cozy inside while it's so cold out. Glad you're having good weather now tho.

22º and sunny. We're warming up all week.

Goodbye Christmas!

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Ric - Thanks. You can't really walk a rabbit .... if you put it down it just kind of sits there .... lol Selma carried her most of the way, she just put her down and let her sniff around in a few places ;-) lol The last part of the walk Selma put her inside her jacket to keep her warm because she was shivering ... either from cold or fright ... poor thing. She hasn't been very keen on going outside since we found her .... I think she's just perfectly happy to be indoors! lol But the girls certainly enjoyed bringing her along ;-)

Celia - pretty hibiscus!

Thanks Sally :-) Pretty decorations .... I still have all the Christmas stuff up ........ and I don't have the flu ;-)

Kiska - you're right, Lotta's living the sweet life now .... and she knows it since she's tried the stray life so she really appreciates it too! lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Lotta living the sweet life ;-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, Thanks everybody. I didn't realize there were so many others that were interested in the weather.
Rann-Iceland and Greenland are the 2 places that my 12 year old son wants to go to, it looks just beautiful. We have been to Alaska twice and he loves it. Your pictures are only making the temptation worse.
Adina-more pictures of Romania please, that's where I want to go.
Kelli-I can hardly wait to see you "road shows" I'm "Valley Girl" so maybe I'll recognize something.
Oh Ah about the weather
50*
55% humidity
Lisa

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It now 43* and snow melting...

Juju and Rusty was playing in back yard...

Juju would say "Ya! Final, I can go outside and get muddy!"
Well, she did got mess on her tummy and feet!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
(Zone 5a)

Lisa - thanks :-) To make the temptation even worse, I might point out that due to our economic crisis situation it's never been so affordable to visit since our currency is currently pretty worthless ......... so your $ go a loooong way ;-)

Rusty - cute photo of Rusty and Juju playing :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

GRRRRR-----I just lost a whole post--I hate it when that happens: here goes another try:

Ric: what do you have to get a new permit for?
Celia: gorgeous Bloody Mary hib!
Rann: as always, your girls have absolutely the sweetest faces!
Kiska: have a safe trip home on Thursday. I know you will miss being with your DD and her family but it is always good to get back home after being away for awhile.
BP: love the photo of the arbor--so pretty!! It's hard to say good-bye to Christmas, isn't it?
Lisa: your weather today sounds like ours--50F felt good!
Rusty: JuJu and Rusty look as if they were having a good time.

The weather folk actually told the truth today. We did reach 50F. I actually went outside without having to wear a hat and gloves although I did have on a coat. Friday enjoyed the "balmy" weather too. He rolled in the grass and got dead grass all over his fur. I had to use a lint roller to get it off of him!! LOL

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Rann, your forest reminds me of Limekiln State Park, which is at the southern end of redwood country. It doesn't freeze solid there, though.

Quoting:
I'm "Valley Girl" so maybe I'll recognize something.

Like, totally gnarly! Fur shurr. My videos are nothing exciting, but you can find the current "body of work" here http://www.youtube.com/user/WindPoppy#p/u . Most of them are in the Santa Monica Mountains.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 3:51 PM PST on January 11, 2010
75 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 20%
Dew Point: 31 °F
Wind: 9 mph from the North

a couple more from Balboa Park

Thumbnail by Kelli

black phoebe

Thumbnail by Kelli

I like this bridge

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 3b)

The fog has replaced the rain~think I prefer the rain.
rann~the photos are beautiful. A girl and her bunny~precious.
Sorry if I've not welcomed you yet, 1Lisac; "welcome"~
Rusty~JuJu @ Rusty must have beenso happy to be outdoors again.
marsue~yes, we are ready to return home. Being part of everyday has been great and we have a better understanding now of places and friends when we get home and back on Skype to talk about things. Like JuJu and Rusty, I can just imagine how much Friday enjoyed the outdoors again.
Kelli~cool Valley Girl language~love the photos of Balboa Park and the Black Phoebe; the bridge is beautiful.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

It's 26* and feels like 11*. We reached around 30 for our high today. Felt good this morning!! LOL

We got behind a snowplow the other day. This is what most of our back highways looked like til the last couple days. There are still a few roads that look bad but they have been trying to hit them hard and get them cleaned up.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kelli: had to laugh at the "Valley Girl speak" LOL Wow, that bridge reminds me of an old Roman aquaduct.

Pepper: watch out!----it's 'snow fog'!!!

currently 34F and Dyson dark.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well they've called off the snow .... so we'll probably get 6" by morning... lol!
26° AND we're heading to the HT here in a bit.
I've had it turned down to Minimum/Economy since right after New Years Day.

Mau our County Parks have a Parking Stick you buy every year.
It's only 5 bucks and good at all the different ones.
A Day Pass is 3 dollars... so...
I think the money is used to pay the people who drive around and check to see if you have a Parking Sticker ... ;-)

Rann that looks like a Spring Thaw!

Rusty they look REAL HAPPY!
Wu finally went out for more than 1 minute today.
Now Drake, our late Collie, would have been outside sleeping w/ the temps in the teens.

Glad to see it warming up down south!
My friend Marcy's DD just drove home from Seattle to FL.
Should just be arriving... I asked her to bring some heat w/ her.
Looks like she did!

Ric

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Well, it just started snowing about 1/2 hour ago. Ric? Do you have any snow?
Snow: 28°F
Feels like: 21°F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 21°
Humidity: 74%
Visibility: 7 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 7 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:37 AM
Sunset: 5:26 PM
UV Index: 0 Low
We don't have an advisory, so it probably won't add up to very much.

Kiska, Have a safe trip home. Has Mt. Redoubt cool his 'jets'? I think he was doing some more rumbling when you left for vacation...
Mau, Glad that you got some warmer weather! We got up to 32° yesterday! A regular heat wave! :D I actually got to wash the salt off of my car. :) Did you try the alcohol yet?
Sharon? is it any warmer down there?
Kelli, Glad that you are better...I will need to watch your video later! :D The little pheobe looks a lot like our Chickadee.

Well, need to run...BBL. Who knows what it will be donig by the time I get ready! ;)

Have a good day All!

Joey

(New River last year)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

As yesterday, Juju and Rusty was playing for an hour and Juju keep bug Rusty's hind leg that she keep biting his hind leg and make him mad so she know better that! lol... He snap her and never do that again! He just playing maul her head and playing her front left leg which he try to teach her for like shake her paws! I was surprise Rusty teach her lesson easy but take time...

It now 24*... Cloudy...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

The raised paw and bowing pose in dogs is their way of saying "Let's Play!"
Rusty's teaching JuJu the signals.
Sounds like they have bonded quite nicely! Excellent!

No snow here and the Sun is occasionally peeking out.
Well it appears today turns the corner for us weather-wise.
Supposed to be near 30° today, about 37° tomorrow and the 40's for 10 days out.
One forecast has us at 50 Monday...
Yay!

Vic down in the NC mts. says they'll hit near 60 by week's end.
Finally some warm weather down south.
That should keep the Arctic Air from pushing down so hard.

Winter's CERTAINLY not over but it will be nice to be near normal temps for w bit!
Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Funny thing happened w/ the Hot Tub last night.
There's about 4" of snow on the roof of the enclosure.
It's a barn roof shape and as the air heated up...the snow started sliding off the top.
Then it would break off and slid down the bottom plastic.
Each time it did this it sounded like someone was shooting off a bottle rocket.
And each time the sound was so startling you'd jump....lol!
I was VERY nice to finally get back in the tub, heat up the bones and break a sweat after all these frigid temps!

Ric

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ric: those park fees are certainly a bargain!! I'm sure it did feel good to be able to get back into the HT again. :o))
Joey: I haven't tried the alcohol yet on the windshield wipers. Will try to remember to do that today. Nice photo of the river--is that near your house? Is that a public walkway and observation deck near the river? If it belongs to a private home, I don't think I would want to live that close to the river!
Rusty: it's good to have a well-trained older dog around to help with the training of a puppy. Makes the owner's job easier. :o))

Current conditions as of 9:55 AM CST
Fair Feels Like: 29 °F
Barometer: 30.58 in and rising
Humidity: 54 %
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 18 °F
Wind: NNE 12 mph
Sunrise: 7:16 AM
Sunset: 5:17 PM
Heading for a high today of 44F with abundant sunshine; low tonight 23F.

The 50F plus temp. yesterday was nice while it lasted--just didn't last long enough!!

(Zone 7a)

Rusty, those 2 are soon going to be inseparable! Very cute together!

Ric, that would make ME jump, too!

25.4 °F with 36º for the high. Snow possible tonight and tomorrow. We'll see...
Overcast
Windchill: 25 °F
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 20 °F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the NW
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.33 in (Rising)
Visibility: 3.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 100 ft
Mostly Cloudy 12000 ft
Overcast 18000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

I picked up a Hoya polynuera I've been looking at for months at Lowe's.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

HI, guys! I lost a post last night too and I didn't know...ugh!
I just finished washing the dishes and making some pancakes for DD.
I went to take the translation of Andreea's birth certificate and it was an error on my name...it was written Alina instead of Adina...they had to correct it and go to the notary again today so I can get it tomorrow...ugh!
Celia, love the hoya!
Rann, what a cutie is Lotta!
Kelli, good you are feeling better. Love the bridge too!
E_B, great views!
Mau, so good to see a hibiscus bloom!
It's getting a bit colder , sunny and clear sky.
Have a great day everyone!
Adina

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

25º and cloudy. DH is out moving snow and I'm obviously not.

Rann, both girls take good pictures, but Hildar Eva with Lotta could be a calander picture. Just adorable!

Rusty, I'll bet she had a ball running around! Boy, your snow IS melting.

Rann, I can't tell if it's just ice, or water rushing down, but it's a neat picture!

Marsue, notepad saves my life. No more lost posts. It was really hard saying goodbye to the Christmas tree. We had a Douglas Fir and it was a perfect shape. It really perfumed the house for a couple of days. It's tied to a trellis in the yard so I can see it all winter. ROTFL over the lint roller!!

Kelly, you crack me up! Right away I hear Moon Unit doing her Valley Girl song. Neat museum! I like that bridge too.

Pepper, that's a snow shower!

Ric, I'll bet the hot tub fels pretty good!

Joey, wow, is the river picture taken from your deck?

Rusty, Rusty is a good dog and a good teacher. Juju is going to be a good dog too!

Ric, laughing, our metal roof does the same thing, but not as loud as you would have heard it!

Celia, don't you love giving in to temptation?

Adina, too bad you have to do all the running to correct their mistake.

This old barn made me laugh.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

They need more Cars! lol!

The snow and ice on our neighbor's metal roof let go a little bit ago.
CRASH!
Wu jumped 5'! lol!

Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.