TEA ROOM # 54

Merino, Australia

Happy New Year everyone. I have done a bit of renovating in the Tea Room so I hope you all like the new decor. Still with an old world feel but more room . I hope you all got plenty of sleep after celebrating and awoke with no headache.. I went to bed early as there were only the same old reruns on TV. We get the same shows every new years eve.
I wish you all lots of good things for the year . Lots of new plants for the garden. Anyone with illness, a speedy recovery and for those with loved ones ill, know we are all thinking of you and we wish for the best outcome for you.
I will be out and about in the garden today as it is so much cooler even though we had no rain at all.
I had bettter go and put up the new signpost so the stragglers still coming home can find us.
I hope you all continue to see our Tea Room as a place to say hello to friends, air your views on things and show pretty photos.
Happy day. Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

Happy New year. Wow! Jean. I had to leave my shoes at the door as I had the odd bit of gardening muck! I like the fancy doormat and shoe rack and the doorman. He so kindly stacked my gardening tools in that little locker room. It even has a wash basin so we really can come straight in from the garden! We have gone upmarket! It will do justice to the yummy delicacies and Brian can display his wines! As I am first in, I am going to sit at the window to enjoy those breathtaking views! We'll have to take some photos.
I have some epi buds and an epi bloom! Whoohoo. First for the year!
So what "resolutions" did you make? I usually get sidetracked and don't keep mine but I start with good intentions! I have grumbled about turkeys enough so will try to be more positive this year! There are some cute new baby ones who have discovered the previously turkey free front yard. It is so exciting to see them scurrying and they do such a good job of turning the soil and compost!
I hope this fresh new year turns out to be good things for everyone. It's a fresh slate and I hope that in a year we can look back with satisfaction and fresh memories. I wish all of you the best. Cheers, Kat

This message was edited Dec 31, 2009 5:26 PM

This message was edited Dec 31, 2009 5:28 PM

barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. We have a lovely cool day today after a brilliant thunder storm went through here last night. We had some rain as well. A good start to the new year. Hopefully it's an omen of more to come. Beautiful tearoom Jean. Kat's right though we will have to take our shoes off if we've been gardening. The only resolution I have made is to collect more plants. lol I know I can keep that. Hope eveyone is well and Dalfyre thinking of you and your family. Be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Hi Kat ...I think everyone is sleeping in ...it's so very quite here even the roads are empty. It's very muggy, grey and not too hot yet, humid as a sauna though.
Hmmm
I made a resolution to appreciate every day no matter what!
To try to be as patient as possible when life mucks up your plans.
Not to fret over small things.
To stand up for my country when required.(we can't talk politics here at daves so I won't elaborate).
*(giggling) to breed and grow as many lovely new Brugmansias as time, health, space and a busy life allows. ^_^
As well as rare veggies and edibles.
To accept that we can only do what we can only do.

Oh ...I almost forgot, that same cobweb covered one most of us make every year ...to get in better shape (kinda funny as each year it gets lost in the list of things to do ...well that's my cob web covered excuse anyway.)
Last? * to do better than last year, because this year I know more(when I can remember that is)
Ok what about everyone else?
How are the heads?
jean the new place is way too lovely for me to come in without a good scrubb ...is there a back room for me so I don't have to change out of my garden gear? ...is there and outdoor area out back?I smell of cow manure*blushing*.
I think I will just look through the window for now. I am a bit muddy too.
I wonder who may have sore heads this morning?
I hope everyone enjoyed their New Years eve ...we watched and my brother listened to to fireworks on telly ...beautiful as usual.
It's very interesting to see the different ways each Country greets the New Year.
Who ever thought it would be 2010 so soon? I thought as a small child that we would be living on the moon by now. Who could have imagined then computers,micro wave ovens, mobile phones and IQ boxes in not only coloured but digital tv.
I grew up in the 50's and never saw a real tv until I was about 12 ish, so the World is moving fast ...I wonder what will be next, do you think it's true that the computer will become old fashioned and everything will be done from your whizz bang new mobiles? ...sigh I can't keep up ...what about you? I hate Mobiles because they make people so ill mannered.
Well in case I don't see anyone, I have posted my message on the door ...have a lovely New Years Day!

Barmera, Australia

G'Day
Too posh for me, I'll sit on the verandah with you Chrissy where I can put my feet up(boots on table). Will have to pass the wine in through the window, I think.
I hope you all have a Happy New Year.
I told a local shop owner when I turned 60 that there was no way I was going to Grow Old Gracefully but I was going to grump and grouch and protest all the way. That is my only new years resolution that I repeat each year and I reckon I'm pretty successfull at maintaining it, for the last 13 years.
Brian

This message was edited Jan 1, 2010 8:37 AM

Merino, Australia

Come on you lot. You know me. I walk in the house with my garden shoes on. Come in, dirty or not. The elves clean. Remember this is where what you want happens, Dirt etc does not get on the floor, smells from "garden stuff" do not linger.
Just remember to leave the spades etc at the door. Theres a shelf for gloves too. Bit hard to drink tea with garden gloves on. Here part of the view as seen from out the back of the Tea Room. Being virtual reality, it can change . I like walking through forests.
Come in and relax.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Ok can I order a flat white please with a couple of ...oops! no more junk ummm a bowl of chopped fruit with yoghurt please.^_^

Brisbane, Australia

Happy New Year All!
Most elegant tea room Jean! Mmm at least now I have a place to wear my "nice" clothes I never seem to wear these days - I'll have to remember how to dress like a lady. I do hope there's a curtained off area for those who wish to duck in their gardening gear ;-) I can hear the string quartet playing in the background - so lovely and relaxing!
My resolution is to visit the tearoom more often AND make a post - at least quick one! And to spend less time playing dumb games on facebook!
Anyway gotta run - I hope everyone has a safe start to 2010! (I still feel like I should be wearing a space suit with that being the ndate...)
here's one of orchids in flower - it has a lovely vanilla perfume - I hope you can smell it.
Leisa.

Thumbnail by LeisaD
rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

what a hoity toity tearoom.the chairs scream an echo when you pull them out.[like the old coles cafeteria in the 70s].lets just say i went to bed early.chrissy,your statement''to try to be patient as possible when life mucks up your plans''explains my early sleep..[closed]..ive got the pushbike in the back of the ute,i might ride it over to grapus's place,but i'd probably need tyre spikes when i got there.dalfyre,im with you in spirit,hang in there.when i was at rodrigo's bulb farm yesterday,i looked at what he had'nothing'.a run down 1800s house,a goose in the loungeroom,no car,phone,computer...but...he has everything,friends,animals,the most beautiful daffs and lillies youve ever seen,his plain label wines,systematically spread amongst the trees each morning and guarenteed to be empty each arvo.he hadnt been out of his yard for 48 days.his poetry,calligraphic writing,music and much loved customers list....when i came home i stood in the back section of the vortex.two bees were working in 35* temp,i said''ok boys,you can take the day off''i took a deep breath of lilium regale and thought look at what ive got......[no 4xxxx hanging out of my trees though].,.,.,,.,.i'll leave it with you

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Good morning all! Can you keep the noise down? Ouch, my head!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Love the new Tea room Jean, but why are the walls spinning?
That view is lovely, and I think we should all come in with dirt on our feet so that we can grow a forrest like that, on the inside!
Anthony, your friends place sounds magical. I often wish for the simple life, and have no doubt I will be living it one day.
I kept my resolutions simple.....to wash my van today! I think I might manage it yet, but not until the room stops spinning. We had some rain on wednesday, but I do need to get out and water the veges and mist the seedlings e.t.c. I THINK I am up to date with repotting and have plans to put alot into the garden in the next few weeks.
Gotto go, wheres the bathroom?
sue

Clifton Springs, Australia

Happy New Year all....
Your tea room looks like the old Windsor Jean, I will be expecting cucumber sandwiches for tea.
Anthony, how could you be so uncouth as to drag your chair.....one has the waiter move it for one.
I loved the Coles cafeteria in Bourke st, I always remember their trifle. sigh.
Your friend Rodrigo sounds as though he lives in his own paradise and I think that you are on your
way to getting a paradise for yourself.
He would appreciate the glass that I am having right now.
Brown Bros Orange muscat and Flora......2006.
I like to keep them for a couple years the flavour intensifies in dessert wines.
LeisaD that is a beautiful orchid.
Sue, hope that you are feeling more the thing...Do you really need to wash the van today?
Have a glass with me.
Brian, I am definitely with you on the attitude thing...as far as putting your feet up outside the tea room
we can get a folding table and put it in the forest...it looks lovely there..
My baby Brugs felt rain on their faces for the first time today...a gentle mist.
Kat, I would love to see more turkey photos....luv em.
Great resolution, Colleen, I hope that you stick to it many times over..
You and the ones who haven't woken up yet are a great bunch of people and I am glad that I found you.
Dianne

Merino, Australia

Aha, caught you all. Your head is spinning Sue ? What did you do ? You should have had an early night. No sympathy here. Ha ha. Leave the van, it will only get dirty again and you will be saving water.
Anthony, lift your chair please. No scraping here.
I used to love going to Coles cafe in Bourke St. In those days I always asked for a pie with vegetables and chips as pies were not something so readily available. Icecream and fruit to follow.
The new look for the Tea Room is really only surface. Underneath, it's still the same comfortable place and one can put their feet up . Didn't anyone see the footstools ? Wait until all the hanging baskets are full and cascading down the walls. Feel free to bring your pretty baskets in. There are plenty of hanging spaces . I think I'll bring some of the epis in and a nice fern.
Chrissy. or Wayne, a small Angel in a pot would look good in the foyer. Of course we have a foyer. Doesn't every building these days ?
Leisa, I don't own a dress but I suppose a long curtain would do ( as long as it stays up ) if you want to be dressy some days.
Brian, boots on the table ??? Shame ... I did wonder at some marks on the old tables.
I put in a very nice wine area just for you, too.
Colleen, please train your brother or does he do that at your place too ? Too much cream and sweets I think.
Chrissy, my usual resolution is to get more plants, more plants, more plants....Hmmmm there seems to be an old echo in here. Have I said that in previous years ? Everyone throw a plant at me and I'll be good. . Ha , fooled you all into throwing a plant. Now just wait while I pick them all up and see what I have .
Other resolution..I will try to be more tolerant, but this modern world makes it hard.
Dianne it has been lovely meeting you and I do hope you have made yourself at home. You are very good in the kitchen when I'm a bit late.
I wonder how Louise is going. I hope she can find her way here after the celebrating.
Kat, yes, do show us some baby pics of your pet turkeys. Love to see your epis too. Mine are all done for this season.
I am going to put out some sandwiches because I see a few people sitting quietly in corners suffering with hangovers. No sympathy, just sandwiches .
Enjoy.
Jean.

This message was edited Jan 1, 2010 6:44 PM

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

No Jean he doesn't really do that but he does like to be comfortable. He does know how to be a gentleman when he wants so you can take him anywhere you go. lol. Colleen

Merino, Australia

Thanks for the link to Alphons Mucha and his paintings in the other thread Chrissy. I liked this one so much I am hanging on the Tea Room wall.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

oh people,im celebrating nyrs eve today,after the absolute'balls up 'last night..although i am absolutely slippery dished,i will still try to be an astute gentleman.[please excuse any spelling or punctuation failures]..who can name this song,ive fallen in love with it''i keep a close watch on this heart of mine,i keep my eyes wide open all the time'',put in the twang and the digga.,digga digga beat,ive played it 11 times and'im a rock 'n' roll lover...sue,next time yre at your brothers,i'll take you there[rods].i had the jehovahs here today,took them on a tour of the garden,they loved it,after about the 30th minute,on how you stage a formosanum lilium to show quality,and my cooling expectations of rascal in the next 7 days....!i think they had a rock lobster in their bag and had to go home and eat it[can i ask everyone to bombard charleen ..in america..with new years well wishes,on private d-mails,[you know,rides a red mule] she is such a bubbly person,and has been so quiet of late] thanks people!###..no ,seriously,very quiet here,ive gotta go b4 my head falls into the keyboard

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Anthony you Dag! he he. I would love to visit your mates place next time i get down that way, (whenever that may be) I did try to send Charleen a Dmail, but apparently three is the daily limit, due to spam and being a non-subscriber? Anyway, Charleen is a regular over in the bromeliad thread, and not quiet at all! he he.
I went back to bed Jean! Then got up around 2pm for a good meal and I've been feeling much better since. I did wash the van, so resolution completed! I also took down and packed away the xmas lights, and have plans to get the housework done tomorrow, in readiness for some more visitors, due any day.
Tonight I am taking it easy, having dinner, watching the box if anything on, and an early night is in the cards i think?
I've enjoyed sharing last year with all of you and look forward to our chats in the tea room this year.
Hugs
Sue

please sue ,such harsh words,i know i lead a quiet life,but dags earn millions of dollars programming computers and talking jibberish..my menial 30,000 doesnt put me in dag status.do you remember the quote from comedy company''would you like to be a dag?,i know i would!'',.,..i did think spam,came in a can,and it wasnt much chop,so how could you use too much of it?
This message was edited Jan 1, 2010 4:32 PM

This message was edited Jan 1, 2010 4:37 PM

Sydney, Australia

Greetings from the inlet. Very hot here today. Spent the morning on the beach then stacked the greenhouse. You were right Jean. I already need another. We launched SS Sussex this afternoon and I spent a couple of hours drifting. No fish caught but most enjoyable and I got some exercise paddling. Another first this holiday has been Sudoku puzzles. Looked at them for the first time yesterday and now I can't stop.
Will be back later.
Steve
p.s. According to my wife I talk gibberish all the time! She is always calling me a dag! So where is all the money I should be earning?

lay some skin on me steve,this is what im talking about

Merino, Australia

Good morning all. What a nice morning it is here. A bit cool , but will warm up later. We had a drop of rain overnight. When I say a drop, that's about what we had. It was like this yesterday morning but by late afternoon was very warm. One spends half the day changing clothes.
Hello Steve, when does the building of the next shadehouse start ? ha ha They do tend to multiply . Sounds like you are having a relaxed time there.
Anthony, sounds like you are still celebrating a tiny bit. Johnny Cash and "I walk the line." Love that song too.
Sue, hello. It's been lovely here in the Tea Room with your comments and garden expertise. I wish you many broms for the new year. I think your brom house extension may need an extension too. We'll see you after you have tackled the dreaded "domestic "stuff.
Chrissy, how are things going with your brother ? It was great to hear that he enjoyed the time over Christmas .
How are the Angel acres coming along ? Your little Iochomas will look very nice around the place as they grow too. Mine still haven't got any sign of flowers but maybe later.
Hello to anyone else out there. Leisa, Kat, Louise, Colleen and Brian.
Teresa, we are thinking of you .
I think it's time for a cuppa and some nice nibbles.
Assorted Muffins yum..
Have a happy day.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Good morning Jean. Lovely and cool here too. We had another bit of of a storm go through here last night. Not much rain this time though. Supposed to be cool til about Thursday and then heating up again. John will be back up on Tuesday and then we are going to his place on Thursday. Brian wont think much of the muffins with no icing Jean. I dont think that you have cream on them but he might put butter on them. He even wants butter on fruit cake and he's taught his son bad habits as well. Hope everyone has got over their NewYear's over indulgences. Sue has at least kept her resolution, washed her van. I haven't as yet but I dont think it will take long to fulfill them. Hope everyone is well. Will be back later. Colleen

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Hi Jean and "patrons".

>Wayne, a small Angel in a pot would look good in the foyer<

This one can be on cyber-loan; Brugmansia 'Coral Reef'.

Great day for gardening here, must get out soon.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
Merino, Australia

Wayne, she is so pretty. The Tea Room thanks you. Such a nice greeting at the door.
Jean.

wouldn't a one on each side of the entrance look stunning wayne, beautiful sentinals beckoning us into the cool inviting depths of the tea room.
It's very typical muggy humid weather here today ...we have every bug imaginable assaulting the lush green leaves of most plants.
It will be a sauna by this arvo.
brian my brother also loves butter and cream ...but go easy because he has fatty liver syndrome (non alcholic) and he can no longer partake of those much loved goodies. Enjoy but don't over do it.
My Angel acres is a far away dream for now as Hubby expands his assault on my garden ...cars and machines, sheds and 50 years worth of junk all slowly but surely have taken away the gardens and the budget.
So for me it is just a hobby, just practical stuff going on. Maybe hedges of Angels all around the edges. Too much going on here ...too many people coming and going, too many machines, trucks and chainsaws going on ...my hubby's retirement is bigger than Ben Hur and worse than kat's turkeys, so I have all my angels marching down along driveways and besides fences ...most in pots.I guess when he finally stops I can think about making things a bit more permanant. Maybe when he is 85! oh well it could be gambling ...wild women or something.
I am a Led Zepplin lover like steve ... glad to see you are enjoying your break.
Love the happy hermit story anthony ...if I was a widow I would totally drop out and go live like the fool on the hill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIsou0IRIQU
I would have loved to have just gone off and done all the simple things but life gets in the way sometimes. I bet your friend is wonderful to talk to.
jean I have to change all the time too ...oh well never mind as I said before it's only a few weeks until it gets more comfortable.
I hope you all get more rain.
Happy Saturday! it's the first one in 2010

morning all,what a beautiful one at that..pulled up as fresh a a trampled daisy,i think someone raided my fridge,the beers all gone!all of my cd's are out and someones left a silly wig on the garage floor.hmmmmm!

Sydney, Australia

Back in Sydney for a few days. Need to tend the buggeryjars and I am expecting my irrigation controller to be in the mail on Monday. Once that is in my hands it's back to Sussex for a few more days. Will start to gather up the potted bits around here for the trip south. The new shadehouse will be a staging area as most of it will end up in planned gardens. Decided on the next project - an outdoor shower. I knew there was a reason I have kept the old pailing fence. This will clear up the side of the house here so all is well for my only new year thought - to de-clutter.

I think it is time to stamp your feet Chrissy. 50/50 means half of the yard is yours and, after all, his hobby could not be more important than yours. (this being advised by someone who does not have to compete for yard space - it's mine, mine, mine!!!). Anyway the Led Zep book is interesting and is showing what happens when a group has ALL of it's members being exceptionally talented.

I know where your beer went Anthony. I am sure I drank more than was in my fridge. As for the CD's, unless it was Kylie Minogue, Nana Mouskouri or Barry Manilow I suppose I could have had them out? Can't seem to remember though. Too many beers.

Back later

Quote from WayneCarter :
Hi Jean and "patrons".

>Wayne, a small Angel in a pot would look good in the foyer<

This one can be on cyber-loan; Brugmansia 'Coral Reef'.

Great day for gardening here, must get out soon.

Wayne .......I will be using your standards as the perfect example of how I want to grow mine.
Dianne

Merino, Australia

Right with you Steve. My way is to look around and say how great the plants do in the shadehouse or larger area , whatever, then say , oh well, I'll have to stop buying plants, no more will fit. Hubby then looks around and says , maybe that small bit over there , you can use. I start to build or move etc and hey presto, he's there , because he can do it better, ( his words not mine ). He really is a love and I put up with his antenna wires running around on the ground because of that. Chrissy, a few pots in hubby's doorways may drop a small hint that they need more room.
Anthony, maybe that wig was something the dog found and brought in to play with, Ha ha.
You fellas get no sympathy here because , I don't get myself in that state. ( did once , never again. I think that's the reason I married first husband . wasn't in my right senses )
Jean.

Sydney, Australia

Maybe the wig WAS the dog? (ie hair of the dog)

Clever Steve........ how many Budgies do you have?
Hi Jean, sounds as though you married the right one.....
Anthony, you looked very festive to say the least......
Chrissy, time for a gigantic garage sale.....
Dianne

Coffs Harbour, Australia

This isn't the cryptic forum Steve, is it? Help I'm lost! He he
Had a big gardening morning ripping out weeds and clipping the azaleas, gardenias, blue eyes hedge, curry bush and the Alternanthera borders! I also dug up some iris and replanted the fresher bulbs. I didn't intend to go so far, but while it was cool I got stuck in.
Anthony, as a NZer, I never did understand what 'being a Dag' really meant, because that was the stuff found around the back end of sheep and long haired goats! I thought it meant (in Australia) 'being funny in a silly kind of way' I hadn't heard of the rich Dags. Tell me, how does one become one of those? Don't talk to me about beer! I can't stomach the mention of it at the moment. Actually, it wasn't how much I had to drink, but the variety of drinks I had! When will I ever learn? All good today, but only one more day of holidays left, then back to work. Boooo BTW, we have similar wigs here, but for me on new Years, I had the glow-in-the dark bunny ears and the martini glass that lights up in 3 different colours. Strangely I was the only one who had accessories! I might have been at the wrong party? he he.
Anyway, as soon as it cools down I'm off outside to water the veges and look in on the broms.
I found a heliconia coming into flower today. Its my first and has been in the ground for 4 years and more. I think its Heliconia rostrata, but seems short, so maybe a dwarf version? Anyway, look out for pics of it in a few days, over on the flowering in Jan thread.
Thanks for muffins Jean! Chrissy, I'm with Steve, its mine,mine,mine.
Colleen, I hope you get some rain soon and some respite from the heat! Hot here too, but more muggy than anything.
Diane, i agree with you about Waynes Angel. i didn't know you could get one to look so good in a pot! If I could get them looking like that, they'd be a good seller at the markets! I don't see too many of them in my area, but they seem to do well, and my Apricot one from Judy is budding up now.
Well, thats a long enough story for today children, so see you for a cuppa tomorrow.
Sue

Sydney, Australia

Two things Sue.
1/ Not the fluff but the stuff that adheres to the fluff!
2/ You are not lost - life is one big puzzle. Waiting for all my pieces fall into place!

Any pictures of the glow in the dark bunny ears and martini glass? I laughed at the thought!
(don't forget that this is a family program - rated G for gardening)
steve

ps Dianne - at the moment I have about 40 budgies. All different colours. Which reminds me I should take a pic of my first ever seven baby nest. The parents were just great. Three is usually a good result. That is the last for a month or two while we all take a break.

Barmera, Australia

Re the Dags, here it was used to describe a person who was a "Bit of a Character", funny, life of the party or a bit encentric. Nothing funny about the other dags. The comment about the computer whiz being Dags I had never heard before they are Nerds.
Brian

I used to breed them Steve, used to concentrate on the Blues ,Albinos and Pieds.
Had one female that only threw Albinos....
They are such cheerful little birds...Do you show them or breed for sale.
I have never even heard of a clutch of 7, someone is a super stud..
Please post your photo, you may never have the chance again..
Dianne

sue...beer,beer, beer,hair of the cat,maybe[one sitting here next to me barking now] i found my blonde wig,if you 'gentlemen prefer blondes'[nah,lets leave it in the bag]steve i think barry manilow is just misunderstood.,'like some of my art entries',which ive been working on today''''SHOCKKKK''.i have a proffessorial train of thought,best go with what the brain comes up with first and i never judge my own work,i leave that to public opinion..but seriously,when you see the judges buckled up in pain from laughing so much----obviously it was'nt bad....or, is he serious,how can you bench that in a flower show?when the doors are flung open to the public,i adopt the ''fly on the wall'' observation,then watch the fun!yeah, it must have been good!

Sydney, Australia

Got a few dominant pieds but concentrating on recessive pieds at the moment. No albinos yet but a couple of Lutino which is the green form of albino. They are cheerful for sure. I can hear them carrying on in the backyard. I don't breed for show but am a member of 2 clubs. Don't have the time. I like the colours and sell the excess to pay for the upkeep. Love the genetics. The nest of seven had three yellowface blue, a cinnamon sky blue (brownish wing markings and diluted sky blue), two greys and a cobalt blue. The cinnamon I know for sure is a hen because it is a sex linked characteristic and blah blah blah. Sorry got carried away.

Anthony if you think Barry is misunderstood then I think you should grab another slab and it will soon all become clear.
Cheers
Steve

on those words of advice steve,im having a little nibble now.mmmmmm4xxxx

Great mix in that clutch,Steve. What colours were the parents?
Have you mated that pair before?
You are not carried away, just enthusiastic.

I happen to like "Copacabana" , I can hear all the fellas on this forum singing it in unison.
lol.
Dianne

steve surely ''maaaaandy'' pulls a heartstring,,and it didnt become clearer as the fluid level went down,,it just became more blurrrier[funny that]

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Sorry Steve, no pics. I was only thinking yesterday that no one takes pics much at parties anymore, and there hasn't been one taken of me for quite some time. I'm at my peak now, too, so a few pics while I'm still young and gorgeous wouldn't go astray! he he.
I like Budgies too, but am not a very good bird keeper, as I often forget them. The last one, I gave to a lady out west. The bird was beginning to chatter and was finger tame so she was thrilled. I won't get another untill I am retired or something, as theres just too much on my plate these days. Mum breedes them for fun, aswell as canries, quails, love birds, chooks, ducks..e.t.c....e.t.c
Who's Barry Manilow?
4xxxx should be sponsoring you, Anthony! he he. Obviously you are a good customer of theirs.
Today has turned cool with a Southerly that sprung up this morning. Of course, I tidied the gardens yesterday, so by this afternoon there will be bark and branches for miles! I bought myself an electric shredder which turns the bark into quite lovely mulch, but its still a job to collect it all, and putting it through the machine takes time.
I'm glad I didn't decide to do the car boot market! I get sore arms from holding onto the gazebo, even when pegged to the ground and with besser blocks on the legs (the shelter I mean) I can't get the thought out of my mind that it might take off in a stong gust! I'm heading in later for a look, and to get some fresh produce for the week.
Well, happy gardening sunday all, last day of holidays for me. *sob* I've really enjoyed my time off.
Sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.