Offical Muffler Sulking Section (and other Various Chatter)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Here we go with the sulking and enableing.

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060705/

Thumbnail by wren107
Clarkson, KY

I had got all legal-ish too....

And what a fantabulous sulk it is!! 540 posts?! We need to diversify our sulkabilities....

Whereas Doe has demonstrated herself to be a most capable sulker and been duly appended hither: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1061787/

Whereas greykyttyn has provided witness of the painful, irksome, irritating, tiresome, worrisome, sorrisome plight of her mother and by extension self
during this season requiring much busy-ness and festivity and whereas we of
CHICKSS, old members, new members, incipient members were in the very process of sending any and all manner of good thoughts, wishes, prayers and
other moral and emotional sustenance as she and hers are most important to us ( however frivolous the post!) and may be given Priority Baked Goods Status (hereinafter referred to as PBGS)

Whereas greenhouse-gal has noted that a hugely long thread is entirely too ponderous for dial-up:

Let it be resolved........oh wait, wren's gone and done it while I was blathering away...DRAT!! lol. Thanks wren!!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I believe a single "pasta thread" is called a spy-guy

My dial-up brain is so very happy about the new thread, it was taking a long time to load.

I made it past the heel.. YIPEE!! I cannot wait to finish this trial/test and move on to a real sock.. I may just have to make a second trial sock so I can wear them.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

GK - sorry to hear about your mom - I hope things will improve very soon. Let us know if there is anything we can do besides send you hugs and work on your nwd. Would your mom like a NWD? Or bed socks maybe?

Frans - I do like spy-guy. Although G-G may be right that it is truly spaghettus. My brain is so addled with torts, it's all I can do to boil water right now.

Well I did put "part 3" in the new title but it did not take. Oh well I am half way there. LO

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Pepper and Omelet are well this morning. :)

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Claire - you beat me to it! I was going to ask GK if her mom wanted an NWD as well. I'm about halfway done with hers so will have plenty of time to make another. I'm not quite up to par on making socks yet so I won't offer those, I should be experienced enough by next winter.

I am almost half way done with my second NWD.

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Moxon, I am back from my environmental duties with a little bit of foodshopping thrown in, but not too hard, and it warms my heart to see Pepper and Omelet ensconced in {{{{the Hat}}} a delightfully cozy receptacle made of yarn provided, doubtless, by some dear and kind friend.

Fran, I have had dialup lo these many years and only recently, through the kind intervention of my DD and the suggestion of my Mac guy, have I broken through the speed barrier with a Verizon wireless modem. It's not always equally fast but my gosh is it an improvement on my other modem, which let me on at 31200 only if I was good....

Wren, thanks for the new digs! Much easier!!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

G_G - I have satellite internet. Lo though I live in the valley of ...er...llamas, I can still get high speed internet. It's not quite as good as DSL, but it's close.

The hat was indeed provided by a very dear friend who is also a dear friend of chickens. Why, I do believe she had them in mind, even if not consciously so, when she knitted it.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Is that beautiful woolen fibers I see in the background protecting pepper & omelet?? What ever happened to paper-towels.. lol

Special birds they must be.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Well, they sleep in the knitted hat, but their temporary "coop" (laundry basket) is lined with bargain basement fleece that I buy from the fabric store. This one happens to be "Colts" and it is blue and white with football helmet logos on it, so I presume they are some sort of football team. Having no interest in sports, and therefore no knowledge of it, I have no idea where they are from. But their fabric makes a fine absorbent layer for chicken poop.

i sure hope i can keep up you all. whew .
the chicks look so cute !
i for one am a ugly hat wearer. I shant never be awarded the misfortune of a cute,pretty,adorable hat or ever so socially correct hat .So that i may blend in with the common villagers. A hat that is of bad taste is a hat that needs my love and guidance for the socially incorrect mortal that i am . LOL To display for all to bare witness and behold its eternal glory !!
i was playing with glitter today and i think i will be finding it for the next year ! yikes

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

I admit I do kind of like Moxon's hat.....now chicken bed, though I don't think I would have the guts to wear it. I wish I'd had my camera yesterday, there was a guy on the bus that had a knitted cap with what looked like a chicken in a nest knitted on the top. It was so hard not to burst out laughing. I wanted to ask if he'd lost a bet or something.
Too funny taynors! I made masquerade masks at for Halloween and I still am finding sparkles on stuff....LOL!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Loreen....did you see my chicken hat last year?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Mr Ronnie braved the cold to walk up to the ranch to deliver a package to Mr Billy. Here he is making Billy sign for it.

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Then he set about opinging the package and the Wonders that it held

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh Behold the most Wonderful NWD made with loving care from Aunt Wren

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Lodi, United States

VERY stylish!

wonderful I just hope it is long enough

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh wait was there some other treasures to behold in the box???? By Golly there was, The most amazing card that sings... Its Alvin and the chipmunks

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Whereas Billy has proclaimed PERFECT!!

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Wren from the bottom of my heart I thank you. It wraps around twice and I can pull it high on his mouth. It will keep him warm for a long time. Then we had to decorate the tree with the candy canes, something I kept forgetting to pick up when I went to town. He loves the card, he finally let me display it on the TV.

Today has been a strange morning, as I went back to my truck after a meeting at one of our facilities, there were 3 packages gaily wrapped, 2 for Billy and one for me. The one for me said Open immediately. In it was a complete Spaghetti dinner, 4 oranges, some lotion a candle and 4 cd's of Christmas music... There was a card singed from Kingman Santa no other identifying marks.

I let Billy open one package ( I could tell it was a book) and it was the Night Before Christmas book and again the book is signed Merry Christmas Billy from Santa 2009. The other present is our first present under our tree.
Then this afternoon Mr Ronnie made a special delivery for us, you see I get my mail at the General store, and they knew I was waiting for a package.

It has been a wonderful afternoon... I better quit typing before I short out my computer with my tears.

Tell Billy I think it is Perfect too. His smile was all I need as thanks.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

This just made me cry for the second time today. Wren that was perfect, and Roseane, even though I am not a huge fan of kids in general, those pics of Billy just warmed my heart.

I cried earlier today because I went to my feed store to buy feed and when I went to pay the bill, the guy (who knows me really well) who owns the store said the total and I said "that's not right' and he said, well, somebody's taken care of part of it. I was momentarily speechless (yes, me!) and could not understand what he meant. I asked and he said that $50 of my bill had been covered. I was totally dumbfounded. Nobody I know even really knows where I buy my feed...

Turns out it was the lady from whom I adopted that poor broiler rooster and the brown leghorn hen. She tried to pay me when I got them and I flatly refused and told her if anyone was paying, it should be me paying her. She was crying when I got them because she was so relieved she would not have to take them to the vet for euthanizing them. I cannot believe she did this for me. We chatted about chickens for a long time and I had briefly mentioned where I get my feed because she had asked me where I went. So she went there and bought my a gift certificate without any word to me. This world is full of amazing people, and sometimes I fail to recognize all the good that is around me.

What a day!

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Claire said 'Loreen...did you see my chicken hat last year?' No, I didn't see that stylish hat, I didn't join this wonderfully crazy group until August this year.

I think Billy's grin says it all about how he feels about his NWD. Thanks for sharing! Yes, I had to go grab a tissue too.

such wonderful stories ! (wiping tears from eyes ) that Billy is a cutie !
good night . sleep well my friends .

Clarkson, KY

{{the most amazing things happen when you're in your unawares!!}}} sweetest stories, ladies!!

I did get some good news today. My DB get his SSI disability, now he will be able to get the medical care he needs.

Good night everyone sweet dreams.

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Great stories everyone, its so nice to see you all so blessed with such kindness, you all deserve it :-)

and Grey, sending hugs to you and your DM, I'll be thinking of you both

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Yes Claire there is good all around us, sometimes when we need it the most and are not expecting it.

I try not to let people know sometimes how tough it is for us, The state of Arizona says I am not eligible for any aide because he is my grandson. So be it then. But I am so rich beyond my wildest dreams for the friends and people that have touched our lives. Sometimes all it takes is a kind word from someone that will make my day.
Today I arranged to take pictures at the remaining 4 Gymkana's of all the riders in exchange for Billys entry fees, I do love the barter system. I get to do something I really enjoy, taking pictures, and Billy gets to do something that makes him happy, ride his horse in the gymkana's...

So you see Claire........ There really is a Santa Claus, all you have to do is Believe.

PS he has one good elf... her name is Wren..

Sweet Dreams to all...

Roseane and Billy.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Loreen....it is unforgettable once seen. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/925225/
I am most interested in the nesting chicken hat though. I think Catsy and I will have to suss that one out.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh MissJ, you are so right. And I suspect there will be a few more good elves along the way!

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Ladies, even though I'm lurking most of the time, I' reading and laughing and crying along with you!
May you ALL have a great big Merry Christmas!

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

What wonderful pictures! And those, topped off with Claire's good fairy at the feed store, certainly do make me feel the Christmas spirit! Wren, what good news for you and your DH, too! A happy happy day!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

How wonderously joyful to read about dear Wren's yarnage becoming Billy's NWD with smiles and singing. And then to hear about dear Claire getting a 'what goes around comes around' gift for her HUMOUNGOUS heart. And then Wren is blessed with joyous events for her DB. I shall just sit here being all misty. ps sorry I do believe I used up alot of 'u's in my 'humoungous' but it was necessary so I think it should be forgiven.

Good morning
b ig ~~~~ to you all and big ((()))) 's
got to feed the chickens and i shall return later
hugs
sue

Bridgewater, ME

Had to stop and wipe my eyes before I could type,GOD is good!!!!!He puts such wonderful peaple in our lives.

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

I wanted to try to make the Chocolate Espresso P-thud pie this afternoon, and scrolling threw our last thread, looking for the recipe, It occurred to me that we just must publish a CHICKSS cookbook with all our egg recipes! We could call it "how to cook eggs, with the CHICKSS"

Lodi, United States

I agree, batflower--I bought a book about cooking with eggs last year and the recipes aren't half as good as the ones here.

Also--to anyone who has "friended" me on FB--I am just barely able to use the site--so I am not ignoring you--just hopelessly lost.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.