CHICKSS Sulking Queue

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ooooo Wren! If you have extra pethuds, I would like some. I store all my nuts in the freezer to keep them fresh. Even if they have been in there a long time, they are still fine, especially for baking. I could send you some yarn in exchange!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

That would be great. D-mail me your address.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

GreyKyttyn - I use Corn Huskers Lotion, it's not greasy. I do a lot of woodworking and that really drys out my hands, especially during the winter. It really helps those cracks you get in the skin, I usually get them on my index fingers on the sides. It's sometimes hard to find, so I usually buy it online at drugstore.com. If you're able to get one, a paraffin bath works wonders too; I use it on my hands and feet.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

actually we have a paraffin bath if mom didn't toss it out... i'll have to look for it today.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Woodworking?!?! (ears perking up and fluffering feathers). I can DEFINITELY sulk about the lack of woodworking in my life!

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Moxie, canst store chestnuts i' the freezer as well? That would be luvverly; we have loads of Chinese chestnuts which I boiled to rid them of larvae, but now they sit on the porch, probably going bad as I type. It would be nice to know for next year, though.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

My son uses a cream, (or lotion) by Gold Bond. He swears by it! Good for cracks that bleed on hands OR feet!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Friends in Cowtown rave about Gold Bond too!

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

DahliaNut - I mostly use a scrollsaw and am learning to use a lathe. I used to do carving too until I injured my shoulder. I can use other woodworking tools as well. I come from a long line of woodworkers on my mother's Swedish side. I think my blood is part sawdust. I have the rocking chair my GGGrandfather made for my GGrandmother when she came from Sweden.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cool Loreen!

Clarkson, KY

Yummmmm...love woodworkings....not that I can do them. I do very much enjoy refinishing furniture...

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

My mother has kittens everytime she hears I've been using power tools....she's afraid I'm going to cut a body part off.....I don't dare tell her I've used a chain saw....lol!! I haven't even cut a fingernail off with power tools, I have, however, sewed over the end of my finger once.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

GreyKyttyn - I will have to snail mail the hat pattern, our scanner isn't working for whatever reason. It will be in the mail this week.

My DD did wood working, I was his helper.

Well I have done the last NWD, now we need to figure out where they will go. If no one wants them they will have a place to co locally but I would like them to go to anyone here first.

Miss Clair (?) has the first chance at the lavender and white Not a very good picture. the pattern on each side is different.

Thumbnail by wren107

this is the rose one done with the same pattern as the pink and white.

Thumbnail by wren107

here is the last one. It is a mixed of greens and browns.

Thumbnail by wren107

LOL, I still want one!

Doe if you do speak up, there are no takers yet for these.

I'll take any I can have! My coat is black, too!

Well pick one!!! and then send me your address. LOL

Clarkson, KY

lol!! she really is a shy one, huh?! Go for it, Audrey!! ;)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wren, to be honest, I'm not so much of a purple person.....I love the green and brown one though... :-)

OK it is yours I will ship it with the "nuts" LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wonderful!!! That will be lovely!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

So Claire, what doesth you think of Pink?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh MissJ, I love pink. I don't mind purple, but it's not my favorite so I don't wear it much. In addition, Kelly dislikes purple intensely and always tries to charge me the "purple tax" if I bring purple things into the house. It's sort of a running joke we have. If we see a purple car, he always says that they should be paying extra tax on their registration fees, etc, for making people look at their purple car. He's silly. There is this one store I shop at sometimes that has purple bags and when I go there and bring home a bag, he always gives me a hard time about it. "Didn't you tell them you wanted the white bag?" LOL.

Anyway, pink is different and I have quite a few pink things that I wear often. :-)

Clarkson, KY

Oh.....lolol...I should pay you a visit. I'd tax him...bet Dahls would too, *snort*...

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

LOL I would too dressed in my purple finery from the red hatters.. LOL that would be such a hoot. He would have to tax all of us.

I have a purple shirt. And I could whip up a few purple NWD"s LOL

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

I have a lot of purple clothing. I've never been to Iowa, maybe I should go.....lol!

Clarkson, KY

Oh dear, oh dear, *snort*, "the purps" invade....much glee, much glee...

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

I have quite a few delectable purple articles of clothing. We could "flood" Kelly, which might cure him forever. Think how lovely THAT would be!

(Cf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flooding_(psychology) )

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

mi mi mi
♫ Who wears short shorts and NWDs
flying purple peoples eaters
we wear short shorts and NWDs
flying purple peoples eaters... ♫

Beware Kelly! The purple people eaters (scarey music plays) are cooooommmiiinnngggg (more scarely music plays)

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

lol dahlianut your silly. but i like it.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

You people and your plotting....it's out of control....I'm going to have to call in the Sheep Disciplinarians to bring you all in line.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Saw a havalina today. THEY are very fearsome looking and would make good thugs if the Sheep Disciplinarians need thugs. Methinks they evolved from orcs :O

edit: o bother at least I should TRY to type englishspeak

This message was edited Dec 29, 2009 8:34 PM

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

but why Miss Dahlianut... my dear dear friend who spoke very much like you has went another path so I no longer hear from her. I miss her a bit less reading things the way you write. :) english isn't always so perfect.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

except mine. :-)

(note English halo around head)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No worries grey ^_^ I mostly speak dahlianut but that last post was like conjunction junction gone psycho so it had to be fixed. The zonkled part was mostly the english part which is why I said the englishspeak had to be fixed.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Tru Ms Doo (o one with the direct line to the Queen) HOWEVER we have agreed that the dahlianut dictionary sometimes is bettering at specially splaining when specially splaining is of everso necessitty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.