CHICKSS Sulking Queue

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

that's what I get for leaving my window open too long. you just tuck the bag under the ham?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Yep just fold it over and tuck it under the bottom like you would a lunch bag.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

I think you might have better luck luring Wren with the fragrance of that turkey than I am having here with my 'search' dog... Does anyone know Wren's PLS (point last seen)?

Do you suppose the air mattress committed hari kari on one of the crochet needles? We may need to call in the Civil Air Patrol...

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

LOL Georgia I think, I offered to send in the National Guard, but she never gave me the sign... Wonder if the mice can help assist in finding her?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I HERE!!! I did lose another round with the Sleep Number bed. Will be escaping the place in an hour.

I get some more NWD done, Miss J, I will be mailing you one in a couple of days. Will take pictures and post also.

Darn the herd is up, that pesty puppy will be wanting to give me another bath.

Will get back to y'all later most hide.

Clarkson, KY

{{{shades of water....greenyblueywateryyummy....waaaater}}}

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Turkey is done, cooked 14 hours on 175 degrees. Nice Golden Brown in the bag,the skin crunchy not burnt and the fist peice I cut was so juicy... Whooo HOooooo
Later I will cut all the meat, freeze a bunch and boil the carcus for turkey stock..
Life is good, and the house smells wonderful.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

hmm.. wonder what it would do to a chicken....

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I have cooked hams and turkeys overnight, but never tried a chicken. If it takes a chicken an hour on 350, then prolly 2 to 3 hours in the bag. I cooked the turkey long since it was 20+ pds and the paper said 350 for 5 to 6 hours unstuffed.

I am safely home, escaped. I am in my nice comfy chair. And there is not little dog trying to lick me to death. Life is good.

Clarkson, KY

phew. Congrats!!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

THat is so good to know that you have made it out alive...

Thanks I was begining to wonder if I would. Between that bed, the cold and the wild puppy it was a close one.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

wren... glad your back & survived.

If my computer agrees to work.. I"ll post pictures soon of my NWD

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

Here's a pic of them laid out.. my darling cat katie thought she needed to be present in the picture to show the contrast between her dark black coat & the beautiful navy background of the NWD.

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

here is a pic showing the true color of them since the flash made it look a bit off in the last one...

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Clarkson, KY

PRETTY!!! yay!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

oh wow, what a gorgeous set! Those colours really suit you Greykyttyn!

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

They look so warm! gorgeous set!!!

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

They are warm.. so warm in fact I got too hot & had to unwrap a bit in 20 degree weather with a wind chill so low it felt like 8 outside.

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

That is beautiful GK!

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

thank you! I love them. Its prettier than anything i ever imagined. The pattern she used is beautiful but it doesn't show in the picture.

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Kyttyn, what a great NWD and what a cool photo of you. Are your eyes really green?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That is simply gorjus greykyttyn!!!! Very toasty lookin too!

MissJ there will be a package put into the mail for you today. OH!! I stuffed some goodies in there to. LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

NWD AND goodies sigh.

Clarkson, KY

Dahl's I should be starting your sparkly-warkly, fluffy-wuffy, NWDeffy soonest...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

^_^ I will be starting your sparkly-warkly pompomed NWD when I get home. More pompomed NWDs to follow for those who are of the pompom persuasian.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

yes my eyes are green. :)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm greeeeeeen about the green. Green eyes are so prettiful.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

mine change color too.. sometimes they are dark dark green, sometimes blue green.. sometimes hazel

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ooooooo even better.

Lodi, United States

That is a stunning hat and scarf!

And now--don't get mad at me until you read #21:

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100250356>1=31036

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh my goodness, that's it, the new knit-yourself-thin diet, by Catscan.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh Grey that is beautiful...
Wren Thank you very much, I will make daily trips to the store to wait.
I am really feeling under the weather today, I ate a orange yesterday afternoon that I think was bad, I got really sick a few hours later and was up most of the night sick. This morning I have no energy, and billy is full of it. He knows I am sick, but to a 3 year old, he is trying to help in his own way, bringing me all his toys. I called in sick this morning, it was only to be a half day due to court and I am hoping that after court I can come back home and just fall into bed.

Today is court, Billys dad is trying to get custody, but he has not been in his life for over a year. I will agree to visitation with his dad, but not to sending him to live with him. I dont worry about it, cause the laywer I discussed this with said they would not just rip him away from the only stable home he has known for 3 years. Neither of his parents pay child support nor do the send things to support him, so I can prove I have been his sole support for 3 years. I have been employed at the same place for 14 years, and his father has had multiple jobs this year alone and has not put down roots anywhere.
Besides, the judge I am going up in front of, is a cowgirl, and has been a part of Billys life since I got him...
Catch you all when I get back.

Clarkson, KY

Sounds wonderful, Dahls
And hoping all the bestest things come of today, MsJ...
And Dahls and Catsy and Kyttyn....I always envied those green ones too. I got blue that turns green or hazelly, but go figure -always loved the green ones. silliness...

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

GreyKyttyn - I'm glad you are happy with the NWD & HWD! I was afraid the hat would be too small since it shrank more than I thought it would (I forgot the solid navy yarn is a good one for felting). I don't recall the name of the pattern I used for the NWD but it's one row of knit, one row of purl, one row of knit, then 7 rows of purl. It doesn't matter how many stitches across. I'm always knitting something, it's one of the few things I can still do that doesn't aggrevate my shoulder.

Fran - I'm working on your NWD now. I'm almost halfway done.

MissJester - Sending positive thoughts your way. Hope you get to feeling better soon too.

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

MissJestr, here's hoping that court goes exactly the way you want it! It does sound like you've got a very good chance of keeping Billy. I do hope that the judge doesn't allow overnights with his dad because it doesn't sound as though he's too stable! Maybe you can get some child support, meanwhile? Wouldn't that be great!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Loreen - do you mind telling which yarn brand you used on that set? I really love the texture of that yarn and might like to get some for myself!!

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

It was one of the Noro brand yarns, I believe the colorway I used was discontinued. I will look for the label this evening, I still have one ball left.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.