Awful Bird Pics Vol. 11

Marlton, NJ

If you would like a look back at the last thread here is a link: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1014696/

Here is a bad shot from down the shore. Might be a Yellowlegs preening.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

This darn Starling couldn't stand still!

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Not once but twice!

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

oo, that's very "artistic"!

The house sparrow in the back is in perfect focus! However that's clearly NOT what I was going for.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Marlton, NJ

I like that Mrs!

Duc, The Starling looks like he is electrified!

Sandusky, OH

Nice Awful Shots Everyone! lol I was a lil mad about this one, thought I had it. lol

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
PERTH, Australia

Duc, I think your shots are wonderful. Bet you couldn't do that if you tried.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Sorry Burd...that is too good to be here! LOL

I was so slow hitting the shutter button I kept getting them when they were behind the trees!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Looks like I'm not the only one that can't keep up with the birds. Maybe it's our cameras not us!

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Sandusky, OH

That would have been a kool shot Duc! I must have at least a hundred blurry headed WP shots.lol

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I think this one also qualifies as an "awful" photo!

Thumbnail by ducbucln
(Zone 1)

Oh my goodness ... a thread just for me! LOL ... I've seen some of y'alls photo's and I know the out of focus pic's are just a fluke for y'all. Now, in my case I rarely get an in focus shot! ^_^

This morning I was trying to take pic's of Blue Jays, Cardinal's, Mourning Doves and Red-bellied Woodpeckers ... when I looked through the viewfinder they really did look clear but I guess the birds decided they didn't want their pictures taken! The Jay did make off with a peanut which is visible in this shot. More than 40 pictures and not one was clear! I wish I had some photography skill ...

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Lin, that's a beautiful setting. Is that a mature specimen of acacia? How beautiful a tree. And the birds. Whoa!

LOL...plantladylin...that is a great bad shot!

awww, but look at the beautiful tree in the background.

Brown Creeper....ugh! You can see the "good" one on the daily pics thread...LOL!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
(Zone 1)

Lily, that tree with the yellow blooms is Senna bicapsularis, commonly referred to as "Christmas Senna". I got it as a little rooted cutting from my backyard neighbor about two years ago. She breaks off pieces and sticks them right in the ground and they root ... I can't tell you how many hundreds of cuttings I've tried to root from this tree the past year and not one took! I've tried using high quality compost, regular bagged store bought potting soil, using rooting hormone, no hormone, sticking them in the sandy soil in the yard, in good soil in the yard ... nothing has worked for me. It begins to bloom the end of October every year and will bloom until late December.

This is what it looked like on Nov. 15, 2008 ... so heavy with blooms it was weighing the branches down to the ground!

(Zone 1)

... and today:

(Zone 1)

Oops .. forgot what thread this was, supposed to be bird pic's, sorry!

Little Blue Heron:

wow Lin! I have GOT to figure out a way to migrate to Florida for the winter.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

And this thread is supposed to be awful pics . . . that one is far too good!!

Time to bring the quality back down . . ;-)

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin
Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I was just randomly browsing and have to say that I am humbled by the incredible awfulness I have found here. I shall have to hone my skills to compete at this level...

Marlton, NJ

LOL mulch!!

LOL. Resin you are too funny and Mulch, right up there with him.

Sandusky, OH

Resin lol what the heck. :)))

Sandusky, OH

I,m hoping this qualifies as an awful bird picture since things are really heating up around here now. :)

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Gosh I wonder what it is? lol

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Rear end of a Dairy Woodpecker (too blurred to tell if Downy or Hairy!! ;-)

Resin

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

A.

Quoting:
Dairy Woodpecker
D(owny) and (H)airy. Clever Resin!

We can always count on Resin to get us back on task!!

Mulchmania, you might be amazed how easy this really is! :0)

Thumbnail by nanny_56

don't look at this one too close, it might make you woozie.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

A thought comes to mind; has anyone consider making a contest out of identifying these pictures we've shared here? lol. Marna, absolutely agreed on the getting dizzy looking at the picture too close. lol.

Marlton, NJ

LOL Marna!

Sandusky, OH

I,m really liking Resin's ghost bird. Lily that could be a good idea, I visit Ken Kaufman's blog (author to Kaufman Field Guides) he makes a puzzle which he adds a few pieces (once daily) until the bird is eventually revealed, and he posts who got it correct 1st and how early they solved it. Don't know if I/we would be infringing if we tried that idea, but its kinda neat.

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Some of these shots are quite artsy! I love looking through the wings of that dairy woodpecker.

This is not artsy. It's just annoying. It's very cloudy out today, but this hummer perched about 10 feet right outside my window, so I had to try. Still don't know if Rufous or Allen's. I think Rufous b/c dives in a J instead of a U, but I'm not sure if that is a definitive sign.

Thumbnail by Elphaba

My Blue Jay is not too "artsy" either...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This Brown Creeper is avoiding me!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Blue Bird in the shadows....I saw several and they were ALL in the shadows! LOL

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Hey...a bad Cedar Waxwing!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

and one in the shadows...LOL!