Awful Bird Pics Vol. 11

Marlton, NJ

Excellent "awful" picture Burd!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Geez! We're getting really good at taking aweful pictures of birds. lol.

editted to add: "You've caught me with my mouthful!" said the goldfinch, while the chikadee flew away. :-)

This message was edited Jan 25, 2010 2:58 PM

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Sandusky, OH

That's an awfully good shot Lily! ;)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks. Those goldfinches are the cutest.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

This Nuthatch just couldn't sit still for a few more seconds....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

and this female cardinal just had to hop....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Oh...I forgot the bad White-throated Sparrow...it looked so cute with the snow on its beak!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

I thought this was the bad photos thread. Those pics look awfully good to me Nanny.

I was at the computer, when I heard a rush of bird panic followed by screeching blue jays. I knew that meant that a hawk was nearby. I went to the kitchen windows and saw the jays low in my sweet gum tree and there was the hawk. Maybe 20 feet away with a squirrel that he'd just caught. I excitedly ran to get my camera. I got back, he was still there. I'm fumbling with the camera and almost have it when the dogs who had been barking at the trash truck came racing around the house.

The hawk flew off into a neighbor's tree and was just too far away for a decent shot especially on this dark, cloudy day, but I tried anyway. Hopefully, you can also see the jays pelting the hawk.

Thumbnail by Elphaba
Marlton, NJ

Looks like a Red-tailed Elphaba.

Nice shots guys!

How cool! Getting ready get pics off the camera...I am sure I will have some new ones to add here...LOL

Melbourne, FL

Terrible pic of a Hummingbird taken this morning. It was early and very overcast.....but this was the first time I caught it at the feeder. Had to resort to a feeder since the freezes killed back the Firespike and Firebush, which the Hummingbirds prefer.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Marlton, NJ

Glad their using it and that you saw that.

Oh it would be so nice to see a hummer now....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes it would!!!

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

This may be one of the reasons that Florida has sooo many retirees: we can finally get to a climate that has hummers year round ^_^

Hey! it is a good enough excuse for me!

Still getting used to the new camera...Northern Mockingbird out of focus!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Marlton, NJ

Hard to get them in focus with all the branches in front of him.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

and no sun.

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

It's a study in gray.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone, I saw this pair of hawks yesterday evening while visiting a friend. I wasn't very pleased with the quality of the picture(s). But the sighting was pleasant. The pair each was perching a short distance from one another. Once approached by people down below, one flew to perch right next to the other (hawk). I wasn't quick enough to capture the two of them together....

p.s. if you look closely; you can see the other's blur of an image as it flew off to the lower left corner of the picture.

This message was edited Feb 7, 2010 9:40 AM

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Marlton, NJ

Hi Lily, Looks like a Red-shouldered Hawk.

North Augusta, ON

I tried to get a pic. of this Chickadee. They're always out there when I'm walking the dogs but usually vanish when I go back with the camera. Silly thing, as soon as I clicked it took off, right at me, almost hit me in the head and of course I couldn't get another shot as I had the camera on full zoom :(

Thumbnail by threegardeners

I have only seen a pair together once and I didn't have my camera with me...darn it!

Do you see the Brown Creeper???

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Lily, too bad the hawks wouldn't cooperate for you.

LOL Nanny, yes, I see the headless creeper! That chickadee is cute!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Pelle and Duc about your commends on the RS hawk. :-) Here is a not-so good pix of my Baltimore Oriole last time I saw her. Guess she has return to Baltimore? Geez imagine that, it's snowing up a storm up East Coast!

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Marlton, NJ

Good awful pics guys! :-)

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Hope no one minds if I start a new thread, we're at 145

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1074471/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.