CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap Page #3

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052923/

There are still a couple of regular spots open in the swap, so please post if you're interested in joining us at the "trough." A special welcome to any whose gardens fell victim to storm, flood, or fire... please join us by posting in this thread and by posting a "wish list" over on the lists thread.

Swap guidelines can be found on this post:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052789/

Swap posting of have and want list can be found here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052786/

Thumbnail by starlight1153
Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Ella, oink oink
Packet # 11 Rose hip seeds these are from an older type rose that has beautiful pink fragrant flowers on
them

Pepper Bhut Jolokia ( extremely hot) 10

Thank you
Patti

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Got ya Patti! They be yours. : )

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Starlight may I please have the foxglove apricot beauty, fringed bleeding heart, and formosa lily? gazania kiss mix would be great, too

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Star, oinking for:
alyssum wine red
fringed bleeding heart
heteropappus meyendorfii blue knoll
celosia bombay argentia cristata

Please!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Guamsorbit.. Please go to

click the edit buttom unde r yoru name to erase the Bat Flower request,please. It won't remove the whoel post , but just the typing, so we keep that area clear for just wants and haves. Thanks : )

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

klstuart please may I have salvia coral nymph?

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Ooops...posted on wrong thread. Sorry :-)

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Jnette!. Oops y doe s it.

You just did the same thign Guamsorbit did. LOL

Please go her e :

and under name for th e post about yoru updates, pelas e remov e it and post it on here. Thank you. You just look under yoru name and hoti the edit button and delte all the writing. then hit submit. : )

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Toofew- got ya covered.

Just a quick note on your earlier comments regarding Orange Jewelweed- Impatiens capensis.
(snip..." I've been reading up on it and I like what I read. "The flowers attract the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird and long-tongued bees, including bumblebees and honeybees. Swallowtail butterflies are less common visitors. The preference is light shade to partial sun." Sounds perfect!" end snip)

These guys are not the prettiest impatiens, but other than being native and attracting Bees and Hummers, they also are the antidote for POISON IVY.
They like to be near poison ivy, kinda moist conditions, part shade. They have a chemical in them called lawsone that binds to the same receptors as urushiol which is the chemical in Poison Ivy that cause the reaction in the skin. You break open the juicy stem and rub it on you after you have been "infected" by the ivy (within 20 minutes), and the reaction is reduced greatly. Or you can rub it on before if you know you may be in Ivy-land. It is an annual, but a prolific re-seeder (and very fun to harvest seeds). Can spread year to year due to seed pod explosiveness, but the easiest plant in the world to pull up if you don't want it. Very shallow rooted.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

frausnow do you have any more of the gaura appleblossom grass?

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

lynn weidman any chance of delphinium guardian blue?

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Colchie. got ya.

nbgard. Got all but the fringe d bleedign heart. Sorry Colchie wiggle d in faster than you and ate em all. LOL

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Now guys, I've got some more wallflowers that wanna know why they're not being picked......... lavender, probably english - penstemon husker red, which I sorted for y'all even though it smelled like dog poop while I was doing it - tomato super marmande, from a fancy famille francais de tomate. oops. forgot what the rest are. will be back to present them at a later time.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Gemini sage please, pulease some verbena bonariensis. I saw this growing in England this fall, and it was beautiful!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi, all. I just added to my list: rosa glauca and coreopsis full moon.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh perenniallyme, I agree, Penstemon seeds are the worst smelling things!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Perenniallyme. I need soem lavender Please. I knew I saw it somewhere, btu couldnt' remember who had it. Yoru post a lfie saver to this piggy heheheheh

Maxine.. Oinkign for some Louffa gord

LynnWeidman.. If ya have any more delphinium left, then I hold out my fee d bucket to you. LOL

It's in your feed bucket Star.

Danita, maybe we should be quiet about this so someone will take them off my hands!

PS. If I ever sort them again, it'll be outside!

This message was edited Nov 3, 2009 12:54 PM

Thanks Star! colchie enjoy and save some seeds for next years swap!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

:) Well it's not so bad if you get a nice, pre-sorted bag of Penstemon seeds and all you have to do is plant them. It's getting them cleaned and packaged that's the nose-killer. In case anyone was wondering the plants are wonderful and don't smell bad at all, just the seeds. Some species seem to smell worse than others too.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

what I meant to say is that I have up for grabs: rosa glauca and coreopsis full moon

Starlight, I'm oinking PLEASE for your sunflower- Teddy bear your fringed bleeding heart, Formosa lily and TACCA NIVEA bat flower. SNORTING AND OINKING!

I'm sorry colchie, I should have been more specific. Enjoy the fringed bleeding heart you got from star!

Thanks for the help with the sales pitch, Danita. You know, for days I kept checking my shoes, wondering if I stepped in something, before I finally figured out where the smell was coming from. Just glad that I now know.

Kannapolis, NC

Neal: Open wide! Here comes the Clarkia `Confetti', suieeee, piggy!

I'd love a packet of each of your poppy seeds, too. Thank you.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Mekos.. Got all for you but the fringed bleedign heart. That one out.

yep Penstemon may be not so nic e clean, but totally agree they do make a beautiful flower and so easy to take care off. Which remidn s me. I betetr go outsid e and see if I even have any plants left. May nee d soem see dof them myself All the r ain and floodign here, lost some of my things.

Perennial better feed me apenstemon. Cuz I runnign plants through my hea d and am abotu 99.9 % sure I haven't seen mine. PUUUUUUUUleeeeeeeeeeease. : )

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

nbgard I will, I will definitely try to save seeds for next year!

Glad you're such an easy sell, starlight. It's in your bucket.

Well I'd better get off my growing rump and get down to the bank. Piggies can't live on seed alone, ya know. See y'all later.

Kannapolis, NC

I've sent D-mail to the following:

Starlight1153: Ella, I'm at the trough again oinking for some Gaillardia Oranges and Lemons and Razz

Cris316: Please feed this piggy some of your nigella!

Thank you, all!

Gen2026: I've got you down for bronze fennel.

Kannapolis, NC

Oh, I forgot to say:

Danita: If you're interested in hummingbird plants, do you have weigelas? I have 2 in my Asheville garden, the hummers love them in the spring and I can send you cuttings next spring!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Would anyone be interested in either Ilumina "Lemon Mist" or Gazania Rigens "Treasure Flower"? These were some seeds that I was able to gather before I moved here to Iowa from my WS'd flowers. Both will have chaff and I can make probably 4-5 packets of Lemon Mist and 2-3 of Treasure Flower.
The picture is taken of my Treasure Flower..I believe the seed are only from the yellow, but I may be wrong.. been too long :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

Beautiful flowers, ClanCampbell. Nice to see on these long threads. I would love some.

This little piggy is backing out the door. I'm overwhelmed.

Hope ya all have an oinking good time! LOL

^_^

Oh sorry to see you go Aunt A. Hope we didn't scare you off!

FYI - I updated my list but didn't add any new seeds other than showing that I had more of the Salvia 'blue chiquita' which I still have some of btw!

Tonya

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Clan, I wouldn't mind trying some of your yellow flowered seed? Forgot to say 1 of each flower posted. Don't worry about a little thing like chaff.

Thank, Maxine

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Mekos and Maxine, I'll add them to your other items.. thanks :)

You guys I am new at this and while I was editing my post yesterday, I apparently deleted my have list and it has who wanted what from my list. I don't know WHAT I did to cause that but will you PLEASE let me know if I forgot anyone or left any out while I try to fix this problem? These are what I can find posts for:
hunneybunch2000- candy lily,cassia alata candlestick plant,eyeball plant, dragon flower voo doo lily
clancampbell- rudbeckia tiger eye
cris316- phacelia lavender lass, ameria bees mix and stevia
jnette- lantanna mixed colors, lacey leaf Red Maple, Black Castor bean(new zealand purple)
RRM- Jacaranda tree ,Chilean Rhubarb Gunnera tinctoria
Imzadi- Bauhinia blackeana purple Orchid tree, Floss silk tree-white, Black Castor bean,Dragon Fruit, morning glories mixed, Jacaranda tree, Japanese Maple tree, Yellow trumpet tree.
KlStuart- Stevia
Guamsorbit- Pride of barbadose, Purple orchid tree, Dragon flower-voo doo lily, candy lily, floss silk tree, nemesia paint box, dwarf poinciana tree, Moonvine lavender
colchie- Crape Myrtle-watermelon colored

Is there anyone else or anything I left out? Please help me get this right . I'm so sorry.

jnette

if still available I'm oinking for

Datura, Triple purple
Hibiscus, Chablis
Confederate Rose
Monarda, lavender Bee Balm
Morning Glory Knight

thanks!

mekos what you have for me is correct. to confirm, the floss silk tree is the pink one since you have two different kinds.

thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.