CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap Page #3

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Karen W. welcome to the nuttiness of the Piggy Swap. In the very top post of this thread, Star has a link to the guidelines.

any other questions... fire away.

OH -- post your Haves List of your seeds on the HAVES list thread. then you can do all your asking in this thread or in Dmail.

Terese

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

wish my load would be lightened... but anything i have left over is going to the Newbie seed thing.... i usually do that every year too.... but this year, i'm cleaning house.....

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Critter- oinking for your Veronica longifolica
Frausnow- oinking for your Passion Vine - passiflora caerulea

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Terese, I sent a bunch to the newbie thing before this started, or I'd have a lot more than I do now. They got all of last years leftovers and some of my overzealous collecting from this year. Definitely a good way to "clean house."

Trina I filled your baggie. mamawk got all yours too, and AJNTEXAS got yours. All caught up I think.
Good morning (afternoon) Star and safty wishes for your son.

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Ok Perenniallyme, you twisted my arm :) Toss me some poppies into my trough pretty please! I'm going to try to direct sow the poppies this winter. Wintersowed them last year, and they did great... now for something even easier!

great kl. thanks. They're in your bucket.

Just discovered I made a mistake. tcs, there's either orange and peach together or just peach. No just orange ones, so I have you down for the orange and peach, ok?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

any is fine... I love Poppies.

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Hemophobic, the Lemon Mist is coming to you, but I'm out of the Treasure Flower..sorry!

Trina, got the Desert Willow and Scarlet Mallow for you, but nbgard beat you to the Rose of Sharon :)

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

ok brain hurts from trying to catch after 3 days of being sick....I added to my haves list should anyone care to look if they like plumerias

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Honeybunch, I am glad you stayed in the Swap. It is so much fun, the only drawback is I am drawn to it like an aphid to a new stem. I would spend the whole day and night here and not get anything done. I have learned so much from this group of people, as well as getting the opportunity to try so many different seeds. Thanks everyone!

Herb and Star, you can have all of the elderberries you want. I have so many, and there are still plenty for the birds.

nbgard, I have you down for the salmon salvia. Do you want some Marble Arch Rose Salvia? They are still blooming their little hearts out, and are so pretty. I will post them after I see how many seeds I get.

Perennial, I am oinking for some of your orange and peach poppies, wallflowers and your gallardia, please.

Karen, WELCOME, You will have a great time. Dmail me if I can be of any help. I check this in the morning and again during the day when I can take a break from the garden chores. In the eve, after dinner, you can find me here until about 11pm PMT.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Quoting:

the only drawback is I am drawn to it like an aphid to a new stem.

Oh Lynn... that is hilarious!!!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Trina, feed your head! Your poor brain is trying to keep up with us piggies!

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Lynn, Oh yes,that Marble Arch Rose salvia looks so purdy! Do you need me to oink again once you put it on your list or will you be putting my name on a pack, so to speak, now?

Tonya

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I already put your name on some.

wonderful Lynn! As they say round these here parts... mucho gracias!
Tonya

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I have had Torenia self-sow from spring blooms and give me blooms in late summer. They are tender perennials, so can't really be winter sowed (you could probably use the same method in spring, like you can for annuals).

I start Torenia inside in early Feb, so they're blooming when I put them out, and they bloom all summer.

I think I got everybody covered, but might have missed requests made in the past 10 minutes...

:-)

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

oh Lynn those are pretty salvias. if any left can i oink. trying to start a salvia and sage garden as they seem to do well in my soil.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, just a note about the Fish Pepper and Pretty Purple Pepper seeds that I'm drying now... Both those varieties are from several plants that were fairly well isolated from other peppers, so I'm pretty sure the seeds aren't crossed. I've been growing them both from seed for several years, and not only do they come "true," but since I plant out the seedlings wtih the best foliage color, I think they're actually better each year. :-)

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

perenniallyme i'd love to oink for one of those orange poppies and gailardials if they are still available...

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

ha the peach will be great I read further...I.ve never grown poppies would love to try...

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Lynn, that Marble Arch Rose salvia sounds good to me too! Oink Oink! if you have any left.

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Critter - Oink oink,

I'd love some Torenia founieri if they are still available.

thanks,
d

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

tcs - oinking for some
Bronze Fennel and Asclepias incarnate

LynnW and huneybunch - have you both down for the orange/peach poppies and the tall gaillardia.
huneybunch and others new to oriental poppies - it's best to either sow outdoors where you want them or transplant when small, as they're very hard to transplant once they get their long taproot and don't like to be moved. You can transplant them when they're a few inches, but try not to disturb the roots. Otherwise, very easy to grow in full sun.

Just harvested the first of the pink japanese anemone, but still not feeling quite sure about if it was time yet. I harvested what had started to peel off the center ball (fluffyish but not quite fluffy stuff with little specks that I hope are the seeds), and what came off with a light touch. Anyone with experience, please let me know!!!
I'll put on my list when they're dry and bagged.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Critterologist, may I have a package of fish pepper and purple pepper [each]
Brain fog is bad, so please excuse.

Thanks, Maxine

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for than info perenniallyme I'll sow them where I want them this winter and leave them alone...

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

I added a few more odds and ends....
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7231271

This message was edited Nov 4, 2009 4:47 PM

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Danita... you have mail.

Danita, I'm oinking for the Ipomoea nil picotee mix and mandevilla laxa if those are still available. OINK.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

You've got them mekos!

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

danita

*Araujia sericifera - Cruel Vine oinking for these please

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH.. i forgot to add Cosmos Cosmic Orange, Klondike Cosmos to my list... i have about 4-5 packets to offer.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/218/

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Starlight... OOH.. can I get your Dianthus Flashing Lights extra from trade pinch,Hibiscus Luna Mix com 15 seed,Godetia Azalea Flowered Mix comm pinch and Lily seeds... I'm wallowing at your trough..LOL.. TY!!

tcs , could I have one each of your cosmos? OINK!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Yup.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Suuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiii Hey piggies Piggies, I put up three mroe groupings of seed. They down by the bottom of my list . Adde d Packets 1 C 1 A & B and #12.

Have at. Munch munch munch.

and while ya all doign that gonan have me some chicken and dumplings. Notic e I have chicken tonight instead of " the other white meat" ; )

Star, I'm oinking and grunting and rolling in the mud - may I pleeeze have some geranium bohemicum "orchid blue" and some geranium "splish splash" ?

Us piglets appreciate that Star. Me too Star, I want some of those also. What perrinneallyme said. Those are the best colors. Wow. Grunting and snorting and pushing all in here. OINK.

This message was edited Nov 4, 2009 6:53 PM
I'm in here.
Ok I added ice plant sparklers mixed, sunflower ruby eclipse, ageratum hawii shell pink, geranium bohemicum orchid blue easter egg plant, and snapdragon twiny peach. I d-mailed you too.

This message was edited Nov 4, 2009 7:38 PM

Star - may I have Gophrena “Strawberry Fields”, Gaillardia grandiflora ‘ Burgandy’ please!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.