CLOSED: 09 Fall Frenzy Piggy Swap Page #2

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

PHILOSOPHY

This is 2009 Fall Frenzy Piggy Swap. This annual event is a chance for folks to trade harvested seed, leftover seed hanging around, unused or leftover trade seeds. Clean out your seed boxes and fridges, and fill them up with new treasures!

Disaster Survivors from fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes this past year, please join in and allow us to share our extra seeds to help you rebuild your gardens. Survivors will not be required to contribute any seeds, but rather let regular swappers be their Piggy Seed Fairies. So, Survivors please let me know who you are, and let us know what kind of seeds you would like to have.

You MUST READ the details found on this thread on how this swap works, before participating. If you have questions, ask on the thread or Dmail me.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052789/

Seed Swap List thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052786/

Thumbnail by starlight1153
(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm first .. woohoo!!

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Mornin' Star, I'd like to oink for some alyssum Easter Bonnets!

Tonya

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Throwing ya some your way nbgard : )

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

marti001- oinking for some of your Vitex

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Oinking for...

MEKOS- Aristolochia Elegans (Dutchmans pipe), and Inula Helinium, and Senna Cassia Didymobotria

Honeybuch_2000- Purple Clematis Jackmanii

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Ok, still can't edit my list, guess I'll be waiting until after 6 tonight...

In the meanwhile, I have these that will be added:

(5) pks of 10 - Bush Morning Glory - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/52996/
(3) Gaillardia Razzle Dazzle
(2) coreopsis moonbeam
(4) more Datura blk currant swirl

In case you wanna get your oinkin' on! The Bush Morning Glory seeds are SO cool! Look like pieces of teddy bear fur!

Thanks Star!

I've sent dmails (I think) for the following, but haven't heard back so covering my bases! Or if I did, I just forgot to check it on my list in all the feeding frenzy!)

Colchie:
agastache blue fortune
echium plantageneum 'blue bedder'
gazanias (taking you up on your offer!)
lavandula augustifolia
lavatera 'ruby regis'

Frausnow:
balloon flower

Dasiys:
zinnias: Exquisite and Fruit Smoothie
Cleome: rose queen and violet queen

Jnette:
burgundy blanket flower

Mekos:
coral touch-me-not
nemesia 'paint box'
pelargonium 'summer showers'
castor bean - black
lavender moon vine
lantana - mixed

Mamawk
castor bean
perilla - red

LynnW
red rudbeckia

Perenniallyme
oriental poppy - peach
liliums: Buggy's "PF Salmon", coral sunrise

Thanks! Tonya

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

KlStuart. On that Datura Blk Currant. Doe s it grow out busy like or is it mroe of an upright plant?

Ella, this one is gorgeous! I have it in a pot, and it's like a small tree, about 3' tall. Been blooming and setting seed since the middle of the summer like crazy! I'll definitely be planting it everywhere next year!

The discolor is crazy everywhere, pretty too, but not very neat, and I tend to like neat...

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ok, ya talke d me into one. so I be puttign on my best piggy smile right now and oinkign for one, pelase if ya have any left.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Quoting:

.I can't stand it..after seeing all the wonderful goodies being offered..I want back in LOL! I have to go find the box that contains my seeds, but will get a list up tomorrow. I know that I have several different salvias from a swap earlier this year, but not sure what else will come out of the box :)

Chris -- i knew you wouldn't be able to stay away....

I did see you post a week or so ago that you were looking for Black Eyed Susan ?? if so, I have A LOT. Most of mine are large blooms that are yellow with the brown/burgundy. and they were quite tall 3feet or so.

Terese

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wow, 2nd day, 2nd thread. :-)

Hey Starlight, maybe we should ask for the piggy swap threads to be moved to the round robin forum so the edit limit isn't a factor... would make it easier to keep track of requests.

OK, gotta see what folks have posted...

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

nbgard got you covered! it's hard to keep 3 davesgarden windows open at once!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Dasiys --- can i have Purity zinnia ?? I'll have to look up your other zinns, so i may be asking for more.

Terese
**sending Dmail too

You got it Ella, have tons of them, and more on the way if the pods will ever finish up! It's still blooming too!

Thanks Colchie!

Guess what! I forgot to put my Salvia farinacea on my list. I know several people had expressed an interest. I don't want to waste an edit on just that and I just edited, so here's what it will look like (in alphabetical order). So y'all can go ahead and oink for some now.

(5) salvia farinacea, mealy cup sage, ‘Blue Bedder’, http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2868/

Tonya

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

adding a few more to my list

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

huneybunch, please may I sign up for the hibiscus moy grande and the hardy hibiscus?

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I think it only fair that I warm evrybody that lookign at seed lists may be hazzardous to yoru health. ; )

Put a batch of biscuts in the oven so I coudl have soem breakfast then started lookign at seed lists and forgot all about the biscuits. The kitchen is now filled with not so nice smoke from charred black , hard as rock biscuits.

No much for stayign a strogn and healthy piggy this morning. LOL Looks liek it gona be baloney and mayo sandwhich for lunch and breakfast combined. : )

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I need to sort out my seeds so I can get up a reasonable list...

Meanwhile, I'm having a great time reading down the LISTS thread... and I found a few requests I'd like to make.

Starlight, do you have any Malva ‘ Snow White’ left?

Perenniallyme, if you have any of the raspberry/white Columbine left, I'd love a pinch.

klstuart, could you please put my name on a pack of Malva sylvestris 'Mystic Merlin'?

Herbspirit, if you've got enough, I'd love to give your Marshmallow- Althaea officinalis a try.

THANKS!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Sure do Critter. Puttign yoru name on one. : )

Hi Mittsy, nice list ya got there...

May I have some zinnia lilliput mixed and zinnia elegans raspberry pink?

Thanks

Herbspirit I'm oinking for some siberian iris- oinking please?

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

critter, you've got the last of the raspberry/white columbine.

I'm very behind on updating claimed seeds, but I ran out of edits and it says no more til tomorrow, so oooyy!!! Will have a lot of work to do tomorrow, I guess.

Lilium "coral sunrise" is gone, fyi.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

perenniallyme, what kind of lily is pf Salmon (buggy's)?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

continuing to oink!

DAISYS, I would love to grow your Zinnia 'Exquisite'. What a stunner! I'm wondering what color 'Amazing' zinnia is... can't find a description. Thanks!

Colchie, I love penstemons! If they're still available, could I please have Penstemon strictus and the short blue Penstemon? Thanks!

Frausnow, could I please oink for a pack of your burgundy Wheatstraw Celosia? I've only grown pink ones... burgundy sounds lovely! Thanks!

Mittsy, may I please try your Zinnia Elegans Raspberry pink? Thanks!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

critter, you bet. I've sent a d-mail, too

Hi imzadi,

May I please oink for some turtleheads and chinese houses?

btw - I have double blue clitoria and some salvias left. Check out my list and lmk if you'd like any of these...

Tonya

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

I've added calendula Candyman Orange and a number of dayliles to my list.

Colchie I'm oinking for your clematis yellow, delphinium grand. butterfly blue, and russell lupines -Please?
Frausnow- yellow scabiosa oink oink,
Patti1957 I'm oinking for your black krim tomatoe
Mittsy- Oinking for your wild mock orange, baby blue eyes, fairy candles and europeon columbine mix-OINK OINK- PURTY PLEASE?

Danita, PF Salmon is an asiatic. Here's a link to the page on buggycrazy's website:

http://buggycrazy.vstore.ca/index.php/page/4/sort/2a/cName/lily-bulbs-asiatic

Hi Patti!

I was planning on sticking with mostly ornamentals but those Black Krim and Pink Brandywine Tom's are calling my name! May I oink for those please? How did you like the flavor and production of those?

Tonya

Mekos, saw my requests to you listed on the list thread, Thanks!

Tonya

Terese, thank you.. yes, I'd love some of your Black Eyed Susans!

I found the seeds!! Now to start writing furiously and get a list for everyone..I'll let you know when the list is up and running :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I hope I am oinking in the right place now. :o)

but I would like to ask

colchie may I please have George Davidson crocosmia seeds

marti001 may I please have mirabilis 4 o'clocks (Custard & cream) and Hibiscus Moy Grande

Jnette may I please have Confederate Rose and Black Pearl Pepper (Ornamental)

LynnWeidman may I please have 4 o’clocks ‘Limelight Rose’ and 4 o’clocks ‘Yellow and Red Marbles’ and also Yarrow ‘Sweet Seduction’

frausnow may I please have Japanese Red Maple - acer palmatum and Lamb's Ears - stachys byzantina

Kannapolis, NC

Mittsy: Sent you D-mail, but can I please have 1 of your Fairy Candles?

Thanks.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Yes, to anyone who has asked for anything so far. I am "saving" my edits so I don't run out!

herbspirit, oinking for your digitalis "candy mountain" please.

jnette, oinking for your bush beefsteak tomato please.

now for a luscious roll in the mud. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ROFL... I'm dying here.. I've added my list so please go check it out LOL... I didn't realize how MUCH seed I had.. all are one packs, so please let me know.

I think I've made up for the ones I've oinked on LOL..

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.