What is your favorite part of DG?

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)
There are a total of 307 votes:

PlantFiles. I use it every day!
(63 votes, 20%)
Red dot

The discussion forums. (which ones are your favorites?)
(129 votes, 42%)
Red dot

The Garden Watchdog is my favorite feature here.
(16 votes, 5%)
Red dot

I love PlantScout!
(2 votes, 0%)
Red dot

The seed and plant trading areas.
(10 votes, 3%)
Red dot

My Journal or Diary is my favorite DG feature.
(5 votes, 1%)
Red dot

My favorite feature is the weekly Newsletter.
(4 votes, 1%)
Red dot

My DG gardening friends from around the world!
(64 votes, 20%)
Red dot

None of the above. (tell us!)
(14 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I voted for friends, which is a by-product of enjoying the Discussion Forums. I have met so many great people here and it's also wonderful to walk into a room {virtually, of course} that has so many people ready to talk about whatever plant you feel like talking about that day! From my Northeast Gardening Forum base to the Hosta and other specialty forums, I enjoy Dave's Garden everywhere.
Martha

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

I never miss the the weekly newsletter also all my friends from every where

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I voted none of the above, because it is too hard to choose between things that have blessed me so much in so many ways, at so many different times.
I was going to say, like most of you, the forums and say the prayer forum and the Parking Lot forum for the fun groups I participate in, one called the Gate, but really, the seeds and plants people send me are my favorite thing that excites me. The thing that most blesses me is the prayer forum, which, at different times has been so great to bless someone else and sometimes to receive encouragement as well.
The forums for tips are great too and the friendships, the RU's etc. There is a lot of aspects that I love. I have learned so much here and I love it and you guys too.
Thanks Dave.

Hilliard, OH(Zone 6b)

i love plant files! :) i go to a tech. highschool called Tolles in plain city ohio, and im taking the landscape class there. ive used plant files sence i was 14, and it has really put me ahead of my class in the identification aspect of the class. not only that, but plant files tells you how to care for the plants... a good tool knowing that i am going into the landscape industry. (im 16). thanks daves garden for expanding my knowledge and putting me in the best tech school in the state of ohio:)

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 10:09 PM

West Chester, PA(Zone 6b)

I voted the discussion forums. But you cant just choose one. The plant files I do use alot. All the info. on birds, insects as well. I love the new letter. every thing about daves garden is so much fun and so much imformation. I have learned so much since I joined. I dont know what I would do if I didnt have Daves Garden to check out each day!

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm, so happy w/ ALL discussion forums. I'm very pleased with everything that occurs to folks.

Maggie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

CO-OP'S!!!
i put none of the above becuz co-op wasnt a choice!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Forums, I use the poultry and the equine mostly, but have found the gardening and the car ones useful at times.

New York, NY(Zone 6b)

Favorite - discussion forums, pets and orchid cactus.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Though i voted discussion forums, I really can't pick between discussion forums and my friends, to me they are one and the same!
Isaac

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I did not know they had Co-0ps anymore Dori.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The best part is my "peeps" - and you know who you are. :-)

(Beth) L'ville, GA(Zone 7b)

None of the Above---CO-OPS!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes Dawn there are still co-ops being run!
Very few now that fall is here and winter approches
But we have had a great run this spring and summer!! :)

Plant Bargains are always my favorite!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Dave's Garden has been a godsend to me! I can't imagine being a gardener without it! The subscription cost is below what most magazines charge - and is Soooooooo much better. You don't have to wait for your questions to be answered, by chance by a magazine. All your questions can be answered in a heartbeat, right here at Dave's. Thank you Dave for providing this website and community!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I never ever would have ordered 23 plumerias in a zillion years if I hadn't had a friend on DG. She was trying to grow them in a colder climate. I did buy them from her but also didn't pay what those from Thailand costs. I feel blessed by Dave' Gardens in many ways..both giving and receiving.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Couldn't pick between Plant Files and Discussion Forums,, love them both. Overall, it's just a great site, so worth the subscription price. I've "met" so many wonderful new friends.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

a Year later - but truly - it is the people here! it truly is! Love you all!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Yup Karrie,

The longer I hang around the deeper the relationships are. Nice place to be.

(Zone 7a)

I agree. I've made a few very good friends here and would not give them up for anything.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

well i was here from the start--it was wonderful and the back room gang -well we were here to make the decisions on lots of things. we had the best mornings! i have missed those days for many yrs...........things took lots of turns as the site grew and the directions went everywhere............now i find myself checking in a day here or there!!! not what it use to be!

so my favorite part of daves was those beginning yrs with my friends --i so miss that!!!!

maybe Notmartha's garden-we should start over! ;)
hugz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.