What is your favorite part of DG?

There are a total of 307 votes:

PlantFiles. I use it every day!
(63 votes, 20%)
Red dot

The discussion forums. (which ones are your favorites?)
(129 votes, 42%)
Red dot

The Garden Watchdog is my favorite feature here.
(16 votes, 5%)
Red dot

I love PlantScout!
(2 votes, 0%)
Red dot

The seed and plant trading areas.
(10 votes, 3%)
Red dot

My Journal or Diary is my favorite DG feature.
(5 votes, 1%)
Red dot

My favorite feature is the weekly Newsletter.
(4 votes, 1%)
Red dot

My DG gardening friends from around the world!
(64 votes, 20%)
Red dot

None of the above. (tell us!)
(14 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I voted discussion forums - Northeast Gardening, Mid-Atlantic Gardening, and the Coleus forums are my most visited ... my DG friends rock!!!.... Journal would be next on the list... then the Plantfiles...and then GW

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I had hard time choosing between the discussion forums and Plantsfiles. But I also like the garden watchdog, too. There are so many good features to DG that I can't decide

Xai Xai, Mozambique

DEFINITELY DISCUSSION FORUMS!!!
Pets forum and tropical gardening forum are my favorite.
i have met so many great people through them, and i have learned so many helpful things from them.
but all the other features are also great!
good job, DG administrators!
Isaac

Kannapolis, NC

None of the above because I love them all!

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

1) Photos! 2) plantfiles 3) garden watchdog

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I love the Daylily forum!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I voted seed and plant trading as that is where I spend most of my time on DG.,But I love the whole of it all.

Middleburgh, NY

Discussion forums - HERBS!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I voted DG friends around the world, but I missed seeing the discussion forums!!! Can't think of anything I don't like about DG!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

This one is a toss up.
If there was one marked Discussion Forums AND my Worldwide DG Friends......
To me they are interchangeable and inseparable.

I bounce around in many plant specific, hard scape and craft Forums,
try to send photos and details to Bugfiles and Plantfiles often, hit Watchdog when needed,
but always end up mainly in some type of Social Forum talking to Friends.
To me that's the strength here.

This weekend the Ohio River Valley Gardening Forum (ORVG) will be celebrating our
3rd Annual Fall RU/End of Summer Party.
A nice quiet event. LOL!
(Far cry from our frantic Spring RU/Plant Swap! We've had 4 of those and they just keep getting crazier)
Just 20+ Friends hanging out, pigging out and enjoying each other's company.
Many of us see each other often through the year but this event is special.
Much more a 'Family' Reunion than a garden club event.
A Family that would still be estranged if not for our Regional Forums here at Dave's.

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

This was hard: I do LOVE my journal and blog so I voted that.
But the Plant Files are invaluable and I really enjoy the forums - perennials, Ga. Gardening, Pets, and many others. Oh and spider /bug ID. Suunto is my hero.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

For me, it has always been about the people here.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Because my interests are many and varied, I bounce all over DG. But the most outstanding thing to me is the wealth of information imparted by the many varied cultures represented here and the ability to get to know and care for folks from around the world. My vote was for DG friends from around the world, although, that comes through the forums.

Dave needs to give us the option to mark more than one answer....grin

(Zone 1)

LOL, I voted Plant Files before even looking through the rest of the list, but like many others, I bounce all over the garden ... popping into different forums, lurking on some, chatting on some and learning on All!

Winter Haven, FL(Zone 9b)

I love the plant files, they are so useful. I love how you can view a plant file then click on its family, genus, species and find other plants in that sub category. Next runner up would be Discussion forums, gotta love them aroids!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

My DG friends!!!!! Hands-down, no doubt in my mind!
Meeting people from US, France, and UK is awesome!!!!!
I think that speaking to people who have differnt challenges with their conditions is very eye-opening, too.

My fav part of my DG friends is sharing our personalities though.
We have so much in common, of course, but we also have so many diversities that it's a good blend. Thank goodness for all the diversity! ^_^

Richmond, TX

I like the Poultry and Livestock forum, but I also use Plant Files a lot.

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7a)

I voted Discussion Forums - Florida Gardening being the most frequent, but at least a dozen I visit several times a day - and next would be my DG friends that I treasure. My life would be SO much less without them!
Thank you, Dave et al for a community rich in diversity and yet close knit.

Barb

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Oh - my Favourites?
Sewing & Quilting, Swaps & Round Robins, Canadian Forum, Plant ID.

~Susan~

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I voted PlantFiles ;) That's where I spent 95% of my online time.

Gee Joan, somehow we are not surprised by your answer....GRIN....maybe we should all drop you a hello when we visit your domain....grin

Gurnee, IL(Zone 5b)

I originally started using DG because I found it so helpful to have all the plant information I was looking for in one easy-to-navigate site. Since then I have come to love the camaraderie I feel here, among gardeners from all over the world!

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

I voted discussion forums as well. Don't have favourites, so many to access. But all of the other places to navigate on DG make this website a "must have". Love it!

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

To those who know me, it will likely come as no surprise that, for now at least, the Wildlife Forum is my favorite stop. I am also quite fond of PlantFiles and my Journal.

Hebron, KY

Oops!!!

I accidentally voted for the wrong selection!

I meant to vote for "PlantFiles. I use it every day!" :-))

But, I voted for "None of the above." When I went back to the main page, I realized my big mistake! Uh oh! :-((

Wish I could make it the 'right' vote, so it counts!

Marilyn

This message was edited Sep 21, 2009 1:27 PM

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Vote again... no biggie.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Plantfiles. If it wasn't there I wouldn't be here. Chatting is nice, but if the information resource isn't there the value of DG is markedly decreased.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

My Home Page is my favorite. From there I can zip around my 27 favorite forums and visit my wonderful gardening friends and read the Articles and Garden History Items and look at the Bloom/Bird/Bug of the Day and PF which is my 2nd favorite is only a clicky-click away.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Ooooooh, it was a tough choice, but I had to vote for Plant Files because that was what prompted me to join. But it's all the wonderful people here who keep me subscribing every year.

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

I love Cacti & Succulent forum,I have really enjoyed this Forum,but now i am not a subscriber,my gift subscription has expired.
I love Davesgarden.
Yasir

Thumbnail by cactus_lover
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

great shot cactus lover.

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Thanks cedar18

Yasir

Nice bloom, Yasir. Hope you can re-join soon.

Florence, MS(Zone 7b)

Beautiful photo Yasir! I also had a hard time paying the dues, and would use plantfiles to the limit then eagerly wait until midnight until I could search more plants. The dues was not on my budget, but I snuck it in after a few months of this, anyway.

Now I am addicted to the forums (Midsouth and Fruits and nuts) and trading plants. It is enlightening to look at some member's tradelists who are in your zones; I have learned a lot about plants that way.

All is important, but the articles are also a joy. No vote for them?

Susan, aka 'zonkel'

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I voted the Discussion Forums that is my favorite but I also use the PF nearly every day. I love the Diary feature and the friends that I have made from around the world are more like family now than mere acquaintances. Thank you DG for all of the above!!!!

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

I love the discussion forums. I don't post to often however I read them everyday. I have learned lots and lots of great advice and info by reading. I also enjoy everyone pictures and questions. Can you believe I get shy asking questions and sharing my experiences. lol silly I know. I just feel everyone is so much more interesting than I am.lol

This message was edited Sep 21, 2009 2:50 PM

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I originally came here from 'that other place' on the net. And I quickly discovered a world of information in the discussion forums, the plant files, AND the Garden Watchdog (which was probably my first actual exposure to DG). Now I'm so grateful for the worldwide friends I've made here, many of whom I've been able to meet personally. I more recently have enjoyed the monthly newsletter & the gardening history blurb on the home page. I learn at least one thing every issue.

Hebron, KY

Thanks for letting me know DonM. I didn't know I could vote again if I did it 'wrong' the first time. :-)) I did just that! Now I feel better! lol :-))

I use the Garden Watchdog as my second 'fav' on Dave's. When I find a new company on the internet I'm not familiar with, I always search the Watchdog right away. :-))

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I would have answered the question differently a few years ago, because the discussion forums are invaluable...but the unexpected relationships I've formed with DG people I've met from many places has slipped to the favorite spot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.