Anyone have rebloom on rebloomers yet?

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I just posted on another thread that I see rebloom already coming up on Sugar Blues.

I also have a first year TB that just finished blooming. Mit sent me Juris Prudence last fall and it just finished blooming. He thinks it might be a rebloomer. I can't find out using a search if it is or not. Not much info out there about it and just one picture here at Dave's. So, a TB blooms in July, is it reblooming or just the first bloom of the year??????? I will be watching JP to see what it does in the future!

So, does anyone else see signs of rebloom yet?

Linda

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Nothing yet but then I was moving some things around so I guess I may not get a rebloom on some this year.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Yup, Autumn Embers a SDB has been blooming a bit for a couple weeks, Wizard of Hope another SDB was blooming the other day and Summer Tsunami a TB has a bloomstalk with 3 flowers blooming for the last couple of days haven't had the time to put my pics on the computer its diggin' time.

Wow, that's great DaLoveRat. I did a quick check of my rebloomers this evening and so far, Sugar Blues is the only one I can find with a bloomstalk.

I'd love to see pictures of your rebloom, when you get time.

Linda

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Autumn Embers is still blooming strong, Summer Tsunami has another bloomstalk getting ready to open and a surprise for me "Casual Elegance" has bloom on it.

Casual Elegance

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Summer Tsunami"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Philadelphia, PA

I have Casual Elegance blooming also

Juris Prudence sent up more blooms and is reblooming again. Sugar Blues is blooming too.

Linda

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

I just noticed today that Mid Summers Eve (also from Mit) has buds again. This one has rebloomed 3-4 times in one summer (just as Mit told me it would)

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Man, I'm so envious -- I don't have even one bud set! Hopefully next year!

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Wizard of Hope I see has blooms on two clumps too.

Philadelphia, PA

Mid Summer's Eve bloomed 7 months for me last year Deb.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Well, I hope that relocating all my rebloomer's makes it so that more will bloom for me next year, but I just want everyone to know how utterly jealous I am of your good fortunes in the mean time.

;0)

Roni

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I have a noid pale yellow rebloomer that has been reblooming since July, never had this happen before. Huge beautiful blooms. Course our weather has been cooler and tons of rain, so that is not normal.

Gainesville, TX

Any iris that would dare to rebloom here at this time of year would be fried like tempura.....I did have this lovely yellow noid that rebloomed last year in November, what a surprise for me.

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I am blown away at the Reblooming of some of these Iris. In this area I would never in my wildest dreams see 3-4 times of rebloom and bloom for 3-7 months. May I have your addresses please ( Only doing a survey) LOL

Rebloom in zone 3 might be kind of tough. I think we may have visited this before, but have you tried any rebloomers? If so, let us know which ones. I have my rebloom chart and can check which of them may rebloom in zone 3. What is your last and first frost dates - approximate. Since rebloom occurs on new growth, a reblooming iris needs so much time during the season to send up new growth and have it mature enough to generate bloom.

I was so surprised to see Sugar Blues sending up rebloom already. It feels like it just had stopped blooming, even though it was blooming in spring. The only other reblooming iris that I have that has rebloomed this early is Lo Ho Silver. But this is only the second full summer that I've had SB, so I don't know it's schedule well yet.

Linda

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Autumn Embers has surprised me taking only a couple of weeks off during Tall Bearded season and is still blooming.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Igrowinpa I have researched the rebloom factor a lot and I have several rebloomers but I don't think I will ever see it here as like you say they take a long season to build up to that point after the initial bloom and then need another span of time before winter to rebuild for spring and unless we have a very open year it would not happen. Hence my name rebloomnut as initially that was what I was after but the learning process has taught me to be happy with once a year.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Wish I knew the name of the rebloomer. I will have to take a pic of it. These have been going non stop and big blooms. Bloomed in the spring and stopped then started about the middle or end of July and still going. Strange.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm quite surprised that "Breakers" does not have any stalks yet however I do see one on "Pink Attraction".

South Hamilton, MA

Go to SDB 'Forever blue' for the northern zones. It reblooms in Manitoba.

Tranquillity, CA(Zone 9a)

Echo Location was my first TB to bloom
at the begining of the yr. So now the first
TB RE. But this time she was very short
on stalk. I may have to relocate her.

Thumbnail by earthspinner
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Irisma does Forever Blue rebloom for you. What zone are you?

South Hamilton, MA

It is very strange, we are 6a & it doesn't rebloom. West of us in MA is zone 5 & it reblooms there. I think since we are only 5 miles from the ocean our nights get cold earlier. Not this yr as it has benn in the 90s this past week. However we no longer have the plant. It is a chuck chapman plant, but I think that other vendors sell it.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Forever Blue does rebloom for me Steph, and I'm 6a. I also get rebloom on What Again, Immortality and Pink Attraction. I did not buy the plants for rebloom, however. And don't shoot me, please, Steph, old buddy, old pal, but I am not that fond of rebloomers, mostly. Immortality is nice, but when Pink Attraction reblooms it just doesn't seem to fit in the garden. The garden is all fall colors by then, and the pink just doesn't go. it might be just because irises don't normally bloom at that time of year, but it just looks odd to me.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I have read on several threads about the rebloom occasionally looking better that the 1st bloom but more often the rebloom did not look as good. Poss. most of them expend so much energy for the 2nd and if not fed well they don't look good. Poss. just the nature of the plants. Also I have to admit pink is weird for fall coloring but I would love anything by then. I am still yer buddy Polly.
Steph

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Whew..........I'd hate to lose my iris tester as a buddy.

I'm not sure about rebloom looking better/worse than spring bloom, but like Steph said, I'm happy to have any extra color right now and into fall.Most of my perennials are winding down, especially my daylilies. I guess this is where you could grow the purple/yellow/gold/peach/orangish reblooming irises to fit in with fall coloration. A new one for me this year is Champagne Elegance and it would fit the bill - white with peachy-gold falls.

One thing I have noticed. The hotter weather seems to cause the rebloom flowers to not last as long as spring bloom.

Linda

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes, I should check into the fall colored rebloomers. Champagne Elegance would look nice in the beds right now.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Constant Companion popped for me just before the heavy rains from Bill hit us on Saturday. There's another bloom to come, too.

: )

Mesquite, NV(Zone 9a)

Desert reblooming has begun - this is the first - Aug 15

Thumbnail by bachngolf
Mesquite, NV(Zone 9a)

Sorry - wrong photo (castles in Germany)
here's the iris

Thumbnail by bachngolf

Do you know who it is, bachngolf?

Here's Champagne Elegance, blooming on the second stalk.

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

This popped out in my temp oldies bed. Most likely 'Lo Ho Silver', judging by the height.
I must have filled a space empty from a squirrel's corn bank.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
San Jose, CA

It's nice to live in zone 9 for reblooming iris... but since it's California we also have to adjust to life with earthquakes! If the Hayward fault and the Calaveras fault ever rupture at the same time, that's the end of me.... but I'm not tough enough to live where the rest of you do!

Anyway, my old fashioned IB iris is just starting it's rebloom and it usually blooms off and on all winter here.

Thumbnail by Irislvr88
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Could you post a clearer picture? That appears to be a variant of the old germanica of
which I am collecting.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Pink Attraction" and "Blueberry Tart" are blooming now "Autumn Embers" is still blooming, "Peggy Sue" has a bloomstalk up too its maiden.

Two more stalks coming up on Sugar Blues. That will make 4 for this fall, after at least that many in the spring. BUT, my reliable rebloomers are not showing anything yet. There's still time, but maybe they are taking a break this fall.

Here's a picture I took yesterday of Sugar Blues. The form is beautiful, but excuse the color. My plant is not this color and my camera refuses to capture the color correctly. I wasn't able to correct the color to what it really is in my picture software - Zoombrowser. SB is more a lavender-blue, or wisteria-blue. It's especially more purple right now, very rich in color, as we are having very cool weather for this time of year. And the smell...Sugar Blues smells luscious!

Linda

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.