2009 Lily Blooms #9-A Big Thank you

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

It was suggested that the other thread was getting long and I had a few more to show you. I'm the most excited about these, these are lilies I grew from seed and this is their first time blooming. It's funny how anything you put this much effort in to and look so forward in anticipation, any way it looks, it will be the most beautiful thing you ever saw. Well, This first one I might say had a beautifully colored bud for DAYS and DAYS and DAYS before it finally opened.

These blooms come courtesy of David Sims seeds; it was a 'Dotcom' mix started in 2007

Thumbnail by magnolialover
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

My big thank you goes to those of you who grow seeds and have encouraged me along the way. It is well worth the effort.

Here's number two from the same mix of seed.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Here is a third one. It was likely a David Sims trumpet mix I started at the same time.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I have a couple more trumpets to go yet from the Sims mix. The deer ate the buds off of the pard OT cross last week, while they were chowing on my plants and spitting them out. Grrrrrrr.

This is 'Red Hot', who redder than usual this year. I like this color much better than the faded coloring I usually get with hotter weather.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2009 7:01 PM

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

'Gluwein'

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

'Baruta' from Faraway Flowers

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

'Satisfaction' a gift from Ticker a few years back. Thank you dear ;)

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

'Peter's Pet'

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

'Cannes'

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Live that third One Mag it's Gorgeous.....

New this year she on;y got one bud...and stayed short...
Trumpet African Queen

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Front View..

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Last year Amethyst Temple bloomed white like Regal..
I moved her out front and this year she has color and boy does she smell soooo good

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Front View..was pleasantly surprised that she multiplied too...

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Noid Id but I think she might be Grand Cru

Thumbnail by lilsista59
Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

I adore the first one on this thread, Mag! The second one looks like the artist got a little bit drunk, but she's kinda cute anyway.

NOID Bi-tone Yellow...
If you think you might know her name holler...LOL

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Hello Sharon...

NOID White Tiger

Thumbnail by lilsista59

First Lady

Thumbnail by lilsista59

NOID Peach Asiatic

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Ivory Pixie

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Vemeer

Thumbnail by lilsista59

Dreamcatcher

Thumbnail by lilsista59
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

That would be a cute name for a lily, wouldn't it? 'Drunk Artist'. Lol.

I can almost smell those trumpets from here. Aren't they wonderful? 'Dreamcatcher', that asiatic is such a refreshing pink. Just lovely!

Love those lilies...keep them coming ;) And thanks for looking at my seedlings ^_^

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Beautiful seedlings Mags!

Henry's Surprise...I took this at 8:38 PM this evening using the flash. Turned out pretty good!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Did the same on the last bloom of Eudoxia....

Thumbnail by nanny_56
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

magnolia, I LOVE that first one! You get extra points for patience. I could never grow them from seed. I can hardly wait the winter through!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

'Henry's Surprise' is one of the finest late bloomers. Doesn't it just about glow? I recall the first year I grew it, I thought something was shining in the back yard. Sure enough, there was dear old Henry.

Patience is something I could use more of, revclaus. Now I have so many seedlings going that I wonder where I will put them all. It is kind of fun, having absolutely no idea what something will look like and each one is a surprise. I think the I barely squeaked by on the patience, but the surprise makes it worthwhile. Thanks for the nice words.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Those are some mighty nice seedlings you have there, mags. I love that gold edge on #1. And #2 looks like it couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a tiger or a tango so chose both. And #3, what can I say.... A Sims trumpet never fails to make an impact. All of those OTs look great. I just may have to make room for a Baruta somewhere. And that pard OT should come back even better next year after being beheaded.

Everyone has posted some really nice lilies on the last few threads. Now I am going to sneak in a few of mine. Heck, I may as well start with a few more Sims seedlings...

Thumbnail by pardalinum
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Mags, you have more patience than anyone I know!! :) Your seedlings are fantastic! Remember, I tried scaling and that about drove me nuts. I could never take the stress involved with seeds. LOL I'm so glad you do though! :)

Diann

I call this one S-2 (its position in the row).

Ticker, if you try trumpet or OT seeds you would be surprised at how easy they are. They bulk up quick!

Thumbnail by pardalinum

Another view of S-2.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

My favorite view of S-2 this season...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

S-3...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

S-4...

Thumbnail by pardalinum

S-10... looking into the blooms.

I call this one Pinkyellowgreenwhite. It is a beautiful blend of these pastel colors.

Thumbnail by pardalinum

S-10 again. I wish I had a dozen of these!

Thumbnail by pardalinum
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

S10 has a lovly color on the back of the bud.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

They are ALL lovely!!!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Ah, these seedlings are to die for! Amazing job, Ladies!!

Tracey, you're so right- not only are trumpets so special on their own, but the recent breeding done with them has brought about some incredible colors and forms. And their heady, musky fragrance is so special too!

pard, all those sumptuous color blends make me drool! Is S-2 an OT?

Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

Tracey install an electric wire around your yard.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.