What's Your View?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

When you finally get a moment to sit, relax and enjoy your garden, what does your view look like? And where do you view it from?

In the early summer, this is what I see....

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

...from the comfort of my swing in a tree.

Thumbnail by Moby
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I don't think I'd ever get out off that swing i'ts beautiful !!
Gloria

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

I love your first shot! That looks so laid back and delightful.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

gawgus!!!!!!!!! I'm coming to Lincoln to relax!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh man, Mary, that is fantastic!! :) That is the way summer is supposed to look! :) Sue, you want me to pick you up on my way to Moby's? I get first dibs on the chair swing!! :)

Diann

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

That's ok....I imagine you can see them from the hot tub also!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

What a Life!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I spend less time relaxing than I should. I need your swing and your hot tub, that would help. My view of the garden is one looking up from either watering or weeding.

Moby I love your view.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

OK, let's see some pics of YOUR view. We all work hard in our gardens, but where is that 'spot' where you stand back to appreciate that hard work?

This is my Spring view (disregard the dirty pigs, I'm generally a bare-foot gardener)

Thumbnail by Moby
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm serious when I say I really don't have one. If I am on my deck visiting with someone, I don't see a lot, but I do smell them. I'm one of those people who strolls to enjoy the gardens. I could use a bench or something somewhere, and for the last month or so, I have been thinking about placing one out there somewhere. You see, you inspired me. ^_^ jmorth needs to chime in here, there's a nice spot in that yard.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I'll share a couple of my views all taken this week. This one is out my back door.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Behind the garage.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Next to the driveway - cottage type garden

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

same garden

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

One more view of same garden at 4 AM

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous, goldfinch! I love your gardens!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Very nice ~ your beds are so tidy!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow, Goldfinch and Moby, what great gardens you both have. I love the swing also and have one like tht hammock in my back yard:-) Is that Dave snapping pictures? LOL Can't tell who is in the hammock.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yes, Dave snapped the pic for me. I know it's hard to tell us apart ~ I'm so tall and skinny like him! ;) My hair is always put up when it's hot, otherwise that fuzzy mess is like wearing a parka.

Tomah, WI

Moby & Goldfinch- You both have such lovely gardens! I'll bet they smell wonderful with all the lilies in bloom!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Come on you guys... lets see your view! It doesn't have to be perfect. It's all about enjoying what YOU see.

Do you want to know what is on the opposite side of my beautiful view??
A humongous pile of dirt and a rotten shed. This is why 'where you sit' and 'what you see' comes into play. ;)

No wonder I sat down to take a rest ~ apparently that was the day I knocked over part of that dirt pile to make a veggie garden. I even wore shoes. Sacre bleu!!

Thumbnail by Moby
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Goldfinch, your gardens are quite lovely. :) You do a nice job, girl. :) I need more pictures of you guys gardens!! I've moved from the spackle mine to the paint mine.... I have no intention of taking any pictures of my gardens till I'm done painting and can go out and weed.

Diann

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks! I would sure love a swing like Moby's though! Leaving shortly for a week's vacation. Will try to post more pics when I get back. Hope to see more of your gardens on this post then too!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Moby & Goldfinch--Your gardens are fabulous. I would love to have a view like that and a place to sit and enjoy it. I generally just walk around the edges of mine but seldom sit down when I'm outside. Thanks for sharing; it's awe inspiring.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Moby & Goldfinch you should both charge people for letting them set in your gardens. Much cheaper and more effective than psychotherapy.

My view changes as I carry my chair from place to place. Here's off the back deck.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Center back. Sorry about all the weeds in the bricks.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

A little further to the right in back.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I pull my lounge chair out to the front sidewalk and sit while I water that area. This is the view looking back to the house. Will have to get a couple more shots of the front tomorrow.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Talk about more effective than psychotherapy, Susan, your very own gardens fit that bill. :) LOL Lovely just lovely!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yea, more garden views! Of course you have to move ~ how you could possible view it all at once??

Do you guys know that Lincolnitess has all garden / no grass? I keep telling her to tear down that silly garage. ;)

Tomah, WI

Stunning! Your views are gorgeous. Unfortunatly I still need a lawn area for small grandchildren to play. But someday.........

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Cool!!! Susan, I could save six to eight hours a week mowing if we tore up all the lawn. :) LOL Of course, I'm having problems getting things weeded now. :) LOL

Ok, back to the paint mine...

Diann

Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

This is what I see from my deck in the back of the house.
Debbie

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Very nice. :)

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous, Susan! I don't recall seeing pics of your back garden, what a treat!

Moby, you've inspired me to add some hammocks around the garden. What a perfect way to cool off after working in the garden, sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labors!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Nice ~ and thank you for contributing!

Absolutely Neal. One should have a place to appreciate their hard work.
I swear I posted this link but now I can't find it. Perfectly comfy without the pillows. :) http://www.patiostore.com/Unique_Simplicities/hammockchairs.html

This message was edited Jul 15, 2009 11:40 AM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Very nice Susan and Debbie. Lovely views!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

You have indeed inspired me. thank you.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks everyone.

NIce Debbie. What is the deep red lily on the far right? It's gorgeous.

Here is a shot of one of my front arbors with Scheherazade on either side blooming now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.