CLOSED: Free Seed for Newbies! 07/04/09 Directions to get your seed

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101381/#new
I won't be back when they see how I feel about this NEW place they call DG. I'm sorry but I can't justify what they do and stay here. You all have my e-mail if you want to find me and maybe one day we can all be back together on another garden site.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank you for speaking your mind Jan. We all need to follow our hearts. You always do.
I would like to share this with all of you and any that dont know me as well. I have made no decisions to go , I am sad and disappointed in the things that are going on. I am sure a solution could be found. I know there are enough of us and enough money for both sides of this fence. I hope a truce is called and a solution is found. There are real human people hurting many of them. I have watched as people go from here to there and here to there. Creating and sharing and growing.
My struggle Bench is here and all of you are welcome. Either side agree or disagree. I enjoy each of you and all of your opinions. I hope the seed I have planted grows and becomes a beautiful , beautiful garden.
Hugs,
Robin(Newbee Momma)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/notes/robin-brann/my-struggle-bench/428937614807

Thumbnail by arejay59
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Well said, my friend... And your little Brug looks fabulous - lol...

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Hi everyone,

Im Kristen and a newbie at Dave's Garden. Love it!!! I just started my Hibiscus Hobby and would love to meet other Hibiscus lovers. I am trying my hand at exotic hybrids and trying to make my own babies. I have never done anything like this so we shall see if I have a green thumb! Anyone want to talk? Just drop me a line. Or however this site works, I dont know yet. And what does "we came from here" mean? and Sticky's???

Thumbnail by blupit007
Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Welcome Blupit We came from here means there's an older thread at the link posted. Stickys are threads with good information in them that someone doesn't want lost in the threads. The Sticky keeps it at the top where it can be found easily.

Have you found the Hibiscus Forum yet? If not here's the link to it.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/hibiscus/all/

Welcome to Dave's glad you are enjoying it.

Here is one of my hibiscus blooms, Kristen. It is light tangerine color with other colors inside.

Thumbnail by mekos
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

MAH PEEPS!!!! How has all you been?? I miss all of you!!

Getting back into the swing here.. working on 3 separate gardens lol.. been recruited by friends and all.

Anyone know anything about Hosta?

I got a couple plants and lots of seeds of Hosta, does that count? My hosta is green with white edges outlineing the leaf with lavender blooms. I got lots of mixed seeds and some seeds of blue angel hosta.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

oh oh oh!! Mekos!!! where did you get them? Where can I get them?? are they hard to grow from seed???

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Great to meet all of you. Yes, the hibiscus forum was my first spot.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ki Kristen welcome to the newbees!! Meko, Mindy and Cue too wow!!

Not hard to grow at all. I'll put seeds in the envelope right now before I forget and send them off tomorrow. Toss me your address quick. I always get the 2 of yous mixed up. I'll put in the mixed ones-lots of different kinds , and some of the blue angel.

Never mind on the addy, I found it. Got it all ready to go out the door. You should get a BUNCH of plants from these seeds. One pack has 11 different varieties and one has blue angel. Enjoy.

Never mind on the addy, I found it. Got it all ready to go out the door. You should get a BUNCH of plants from these seeds. One pack has 11 different varieties and one has blue angel. Enjoy. Goodnight all.

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Does anyone have any tropical hibiscus seeds? You know, the exotic hybrid ones with the pretty colors. I am looking for some if anyone would like to send. I haven't been able to make my own creations, they are all brand new. Im so new at this hobby, cant wait to get started!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi blupit! Nice to see you here. Hope you are enjoying DG. Sooo nice to see everyone here today..

I don't have any tropical hibiscus seeds but I do have some Hardy Hibiscus if you'd like some of those. Just let me know.

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Hi Mechelle,
What color is your hardy? I have a beautiful deep red growing in my garden, and supposidly a white and red that has not peaked his sprouts yet. Bout to give up on that one. But would love some. Would I be able to start them in my greenhouse pot and transplant this year, or would you wait and start them early next spring. We have a short season in CT.
Great talking with ya!
~Kristen

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Kristen!
I will shoot you a dmail in the morning and let you know which ones I've got. I would say you could start them in the greenhouse and transplant next late spring. I started a few indoors last fall and over wintered them and traded a couple and planted a couple this spring. We will have to check and see if the ones I have are hardy in your zone. Will dmail you in the morning ;-)
Mechelle

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Kristen! Nice to see you...

Cue - I'll forward you the hosta seeds if our friend sends them to the wrong Kelly again - lol. Just messin' with you mekos;o)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

lol... poor Mekos... she cant tell the Kelly twins apart... heres a hint.. one of us has a halo, the other has horns..rotfl

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

She's the one with the horns:P

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

the horns and the invisible friend!

Enid, OK

Has the heat gotten to you guys? My once fairly normal buddies have gone wacko.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Don't talk about Lucy like that...

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

nah, we've always been this crazy.. we were just good at hiding it..LOL

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

invisible?? INVISIBLE????? I'll have you know Lucy is VERY visible... she just likes to lurk in dark corners waiting for the occasional snack... erm.. I mean guest. Yeah, thats what I meant.

HI Lucy! I could have used her last week. Why didn't I think of her then?!?
Cue, the seeds went out this morning and you should have enough plants to sell and make a small fortune. One pack has 11 different varieties in it mixed together and the other only has blue angel. It has blue leaves.
Hope you enjoy.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Thank you so much Mekos! I'll do my best not to kill em and make you proud!

Show us sprouts. You probably will have enough to start your own store.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Gone FIshin!! I will be back July 24th!! God Bless be safe.
Robin

Thumbnail by arejay59

Look what I got bloomed open today! Smells heavenly too. Yellow Lotus.

Thumbnail by mekos

This one will be open soon. I think it is either mrs. Perry D. Slocum or First Lady.

Thumbnail by mekos

Water Hyacinth.

Thumbnail by mekos

Pink water lily.

Thumbnail by mekos

Dark Daylily.

Thumbnail by mekos

Light colored daylily.

Thumbnail by mekos

Another daylily.

Thumbnail by mekos

Hurry back Robin, and take lots of pictures of Moose lagoon. BIG SMILEY!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hmm I missed the conversation here...Im here...bump Nice Shots Jan!! Last of my tomatoes....

Thumbnail by arejay59
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Good morning Robin. I'm trying to type with a kitten demanding to be petted. And people ask why we named him 'Troubles'.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.