NEW "FALL" FREEPORT SWAP 09

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

call me at 269-945-4323

Hi everyone forgive me for not staying on top of this but i have been working my Buttt off Planting Iris's & I have about 200 for our swap to trade off .

Here are the ones i will have so maybe you can look up what you might like :)))

I will be looking for , aster's , Mums, delphiniums, foxglove , Painted Daisies,
awww heck I love all type of plants :)))

Birdie I hope you getting your rest I would love to call you & chat but i just don't know the best time to call for i just don't want to call if your resting .
would like to know if you have sold your pea's or turkey's for i don't want to tell anyone about them if they are gone so let me know ok ..

my little Pea is so spoild she rides the lawn tractor with me , gose to town with me , & yes she will proble
have to go to the park with me . she will cry from the time i get out of her site till i come home :)
she is on my sholderright now proble wishing i would get off here , she's pruning herself . :)

anyway i have loads of irises & so many other plants ready for the swap can hardly wait to see you all again .

RONNA : Guess They have not Moved the Wedding date ????

shel i still have to know how many Herb beds to bring .
well Movie time
you all have a great evening

BATIK-----------------------69
BURNT TOFFEE--------21/10
CANDY APPLE----------10/5
CHANGE OF PACE------------40/6
CHERRY GARDEN--------54
CLASSIC LOOK-------56/6
IMMORTALITY----------12
INSTRUCTOR------------12
JOYCE TERRY ---------20
LOYALIST-----------------8
PERSIAN BERRY--------15
RARE TREAT-----------35
SNOW MAIDEN-----------14
STARDUST MEMORIES------9
SWINGTOWN----------10
NO--ID # 16 ---------17

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Susie,just got home from the hospital, and wanted to tell you susie i'm printing off the pictures and popping them in the mail tomorrow. you wanted one of each that i took, right? I'm counting the days untill the swap. Your person secretary IS staying on top of things, so know worry. I'm still waiting for a final list of snacks that everyone is bringing. If you could all Dmail me with what you're bring it will be easier to keep track. Just a reminder because I told Susie I'd help her by keeping on top of thigs:
1 A tablecloth ( i get them from the dollar store)
2 potted plants
3 extra markers & pen or pencil
4 donations for the "extra" table, to help any "newbies" get started
5 a EMPTY TRAILER OR TRUCK to load all your fantastic plants you'll recieve
6 gift exchange (if you want to participate)
IMay be able to meet you guys for an early breakfast on Thursday or Friday. DOES THAT WORk fOR YOU AND rONNA/
Birdie
Susie, havn't been able to connect with the lady about the turkeys? Still have two beautiifl hens, and all my pefowl, except my pieds. I can't bear to part with the. I sure do appreciate any help you could send my way.
Hugs, Birdie
snack to pass if you want to join in after the swap is complete

Thank you birdie ,

Birdie I Don't think anyone knows what they will have time to fix or Bring to the swap till maybe the day or so before :))) What ever we have we can make do with or Like I said after the Swap is a HuGE FISH FRY At My Sister;s place Just down the road aways :)))))) or we have the restrant we can always go chat at after :) right ???

I will Just be Happy if it was like the Spring one .

Yes I will get the pictures to the News office & Try to get them to give us a BIG PRINT UP So that we can get a few more to show .

Birdie do you have pictures of the Birds you have left ?? I just sold 4 more of mine & I have another 8 to go yet :))) .

well just waiting for the fog to rise so i can get back outside & play in the garden you all have a great day .
Susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thursday morning would work for me! Not friday though. My son will be arriving very early on friday morning or so. He is driving home from Georgia!!!! Let me know if thursday is good for you. Call me and maybe leave a message. I have to work tonight until 7:30. 9/9/9. Okay. if I do not hear from you I will know it is a no go! Sorry they have not changed the wedding day. Ronna

I CAN MEET THURSDAY AM If it is before or by 9am for i have an apt at 11am for new tires on the car in hastings . so let me know where & what time .??Then i can get the pictures

I can do delton 8:30 or 9am just let me know . you can call me tonight if you like I will be up . or i will check the post at 7 am . don't forget the pictures :))))) .

susie
269-945-4323

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well, I am so sorry but now 9 a.m. is to late for me our dog is not feeling well and he has a vets appointment at 10:30. I really wouldn't have to much time to get there and back home. This came on rather sudden and he needs to go. I am truley sorry. I really would love to see you. Hope you have a great time! Ronna

8am would have been good for me but i have not heard back from anyone so guess we won't be meeting :(
Birdie i hope aLL IS OK .please call me this morning if you want to meet .
susie

Grand Rapids, MI

Hi Susie, Just heard from Linda, She would like one large herb bed. Merilee and Liz decided to hold off for now. Hope all is well with you! SB

Ok will do ty can hardly wit till the swap get those plants potted :))) or preped :))) going to be a great time .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi had a problem at the hospital, i didn't get home till LATE last night (or should i say this morning?) anyway susie i told Ronna I can meet ANY morning next week at 8::. you two decide a day, maybe just call and leave a message on my answering machine. That way I can check that, or Chuck will, incase i don't get to the computer'.
Oh, and I got the pictures printed, I mail them out in the morning.

Well i Have any morning open you all just have to say when & Where & I can be there .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Friday is good for me.. My only day off today. I enjoyed the wedding so much. It was amazing the best wedding ever of course!!! The most beautiful bride of course. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123

Ronna , I thought you said the wed was to be OCT 3rd The day of our swap OH Good this means you can now join us . GOODDDDDIE GOOOODDIEIEE :)))))

Birdie : No Sign of the pictures went into town to get the mail for i had to mail out a box but no pictures .
I need to get them into the paper this week so they have time to print them on sat we are down to 3weeks away fromn the swap so hard to believe .

I'm going out today to start putting Plants onto the trailer :) so much to do in the next few weeks :)))

sheri have you got your plants potted up :))) can hardly wait to get there :)) & just to visit with all of you is great :) .

well got to get off here chat more later .

susie

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Ronna,

What a beautiful couple. I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding. Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

Brenda

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

No Susie this is my daughters wedding. We DO have a nother wedding on 10/3. Both of my girls are in the one in october. It is there cousins wedding in october. I am looking forward to that one also.... Sorry to get your hopes up! Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Ronna and Susie, are you saying you can meet Friday for coffee, or breakfast? I'll make it work if you guys can. Just need to leave for G.R. at 10:00. Got your message Susie, I mailed them from Delton so they way, should have been there. I've had more darn problems w/ that P.O.

My mother is in St Marys Psych ward, getting stabilized to gointo Byron Manor Monday morning. Its been about 95% me with her, leaving early and getting back late. Its been horrible for her. The diagnosis ended up being moderate/late stage of alzheimers AND hardening of the arterys. The doctor feels as though she has about a year.

Let me know about Fri. if they havn't shown up I made a spare copy of them, and a picture CD. If we can't do coffee, I'll leave early Friday morning and bring them to your house.
Birdie
PS,...........have you heard from my Aug swap partner? I've d-mailed to her and posted. Wanted to make sure she got her "Main" gift. I sent out the tree and some extras this morning. NOT FROM DELTON ^_^

I WILL BE IN DELTON FRIDAY 8:30 am Hope to see you gals there
NO PICTURES As Of yet mail will be here about 2pm will let you know .

no have not heard from your partner did you get your box ??? see ya friday am .
chat then

susie

am i ready for the swap :) Well not quit still more room :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9

BIRDIE : Still no pictures today , I WIll meet you in Delton by 8:30 am tomorrow am FRIDAY 18th :)
Please call me tonight if you cannot make it NO MATTER WHAT TIME IT IS .

going to go watch a movie :)

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I am not going to be able to make it. My dog is very sick and has to go for blood work all the time. They think he may have cancer or an underlying infection. Not really sure yet! Kinda scared!!! More than kinda really. Sorry but he has to be there at 9:45. Maybe another time? Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

susie i'll be at Bowens restaurant at 8:30. that's on m43 about 1/4 mile south of downtown delton , on the west side. its right by "Deweys Car Palace" hope thats the one you're thinking of. my cell phone is 616-293-7022
Birdie

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Cool, I'm getting all these great phone number now so I can call w/ my questions and good wishes instead of posting ;) Love this place! I finally figured out I am the only mid 30's father of 3 highly active boys on here. That would explain why my gardens and landscaping does not look as great as everone else's! I so wish I could make it to the swap!!!! Except my 3 brother's, myself and my father are headed to Michigan-Michigan State football on Oct. to tailgate and male bond...When's the winter swap?? :)

I can't seem to find an update on your health Birdie...how are you?? How is your mother? Did I miss an update somewhere?

These are my son's...Isaiah, Mason and Gavin

Thumbnail by Patriotboy247
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Your boys are ADORABLE!! Are they future gardeners? If so, you'll be bless with lots of weeders. :)

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

I can be there! I don't have any plants though, but will come with something, I am sure.
How about some food goodies? It would be nice to just get out of this house before
we can't. LOL.
Sher

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

I just saw the lovely pix of Southern Exposure, how lovely!!! I wish I could have gone. I am sorry, I din't know you
guys were going.
Boy thats a pretty place.

I did manage to get to WaveCrest garden center in Douglas this summer. that was a treat.
We also went to Huntree near there, great perennial huge nice trees, low cost.
We bought a 12 high Plantanus x acerifolia for $40? At WaveCrest we got a vine maple tree,
much smaller, but rarer for us, that was $40 also. (it was my birthday, and DH couldn't refuse
my request).

sheri

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi everyone, I 'll see you all Sat. At the Swap in Freeport. Don't forget a disposable tablecloth, a wrapped gift if you want to participate in the gift exchange, any "extra gardening stuff" you no longer want, for the freebie table. This is always nice for the newbies, or anyone needing extras. This past spring I brought extra pots, and some gardening tools, and a few garden decorations i no longer needed, a couple chimes,and they all went to good homes. (Gave me room at home for some new stuff).
A snack to pass for after if you want. I'm bringing punch, unless its cold then maybe I should bring hot coffee and tea ^_^
Don't forget your smile (I'm bringing my camcorder, and camera) for another Birdie video to entertain you!! AND OFCOURSE YOUR POTTED PLANTS!!

thanks BIRDIE I Just got about 25 or so foxgloves from sherry the gal from freeport she can't make it to the swap this fall but she wanted to share some of her foxgloves BOY Are they nice ones .

I'm so excited & can hardly wait to see everyone . sheri as for Not haven any plants it don't matter for i have a big surprise this time for ones with no plants Just wait see :)) .
looks as if it is going to be cloudy & in the 60's but no rain in sight so it should be nice .

well i need to go finish off my laundry today .

4 MORE DAYS :)))

OK Just saw the NEW's & It said POSSIABLE RAIN Shower's & On the cooler side REAL Fall weather
So I will be getting some wood strips for a BONFire :)) some one else bring the dogs :)) I 'm hoping that the
the rain will go around the park & That is usally what happens :)
OR Maybe we should have some CHILLI :)))))

we can have heat from the grills there at the park so will take some firewood . :)) Just dress warm we will still have a great time .
well it is nice out just a little cool & windy but want to see what else I can find :)))

have a great afternoon

SHELLBELLI / LEANN You all going to be with us ?????

well later all

Grand Rapids, MI

I think I'll be there... big crazy week/month on the workfront and I haven't had time to get out and dig anything up... but I'm hoping to and that I'll be there.

Shel

look what silly shel did she wanted to make sure we got her message :)) too cool :)))

a
Anyone that is comming to the swap IF YOU WOULD LIKE A CUTTOING OF THIS BURG TO OVER WINTER LET ME KNOW FOR I WILL BE CUTTING IT DOWN TO OVER WINTER FOR MYSELF :)
AFTER IT STOPS BLOOMING :))) BUT I DO HAVE 3 CUTTINGS NOW. SO LET ME KNOW

this has a light yellow bloom

SOLID GOLD BURG 001

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

if you have an extra cutting susie I'd love one. Also you said someone was asking about the ground cover i brought in the spring. it was myrtle, and ajuga choc. chip. I can bring both, but I don't have a lot of the ajuga, but tons of the myrtle.
Birdie

Birdie : Sherry Was the one wanting AJUGA & I Have lots for her also But she won't be able to be there for they have to be up North . But she is all taken care of on my part & I know the type of plants she is looking for .

they say chance's of rain But there is lots of cover & as i said we can have a bonfire in the grill :) I'm sure it will still be fun . We did not get the REMINDER This week so i need to go to town to see if OUR ad Got into the paper .
Birdie the cutting is yours :)

REMEMBER : If you want in on the "GARDEN GIFT EXCHANGE " Bring Your gift WRAPPED & IF It will fit in a brown paper bag do so ok :)))

well hope everyone has a great day .

susie

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Thanks Loon. I think so too! I'll just leave my address and you all can send your extras to my house:)

Next fall, if the swap could not happen on the weekend Mich and MSU play, that would be great! But my boys will still have soccer in the morning though. I sure love to watch them play..

sorry you can't make it Pat WE Have just as much fun tackling each others Table as others has sitting on a couch
watching the game :))))

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

I can't wait to see the photos and video from this event...we are anticipating a lot of rain here all day friday and saturday. My guess is the same for the swap(no I am not jynxing it, i dont believe in that stuff!)

THEY CALL FOR RAIN HERE ALSO BUT MY PLANTS LOVE WATER SO NOT TO WORRIED & if you look at the spring picture's then you will see we are undercover there with lots of tables :))) .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

either rain or shine, doesn't matter.......we'll have fun!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I sure do wish I could be there. We will be driving two hours to go to this wedding in Spring Lake. Would rather be trading plants. But both of my daughters are in this wedding or we would not be going believe me. Have a wonderful time and think of me. Get some great plants. Ronna

Ronna we will miss you BUT YOUR SPIRIT WILL BE WITH US WE KNOW "))))) HEHEHE
YOU Can make up for it in the spring :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.