CLOSED: Free Seed for Newbies!! Come on in!! 06-26-03 New thread!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

New Thread 07-01-09 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1009427/

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1002208/

This link will help you find information about seeds and plants, how to plant , zone they prefer, color etc.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009 3:05 PM

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009 5:56 PM

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 4:40 AM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ok here we are!!

To get your free seeds

Be Sure to put your damil name and a note of wants in your envie, along with return name and address
Address exchange is here http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/
You have to add your information to be able to access everyone else's.

We came from here!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1002208/

Please feel free to Dmail me with questions
Many of us "oldies" and some Newbies would like to share our seeds with those of you new to Dave's. By new, we mean you joined in the last 8 months(or so) and are a paying member.
Send me a SASBE (Self addressed, stamped bubble envelope) and we'll send you 10 packets of seeds. (Usually more, depends on our stash) That's all there is to it. Let us know you are sending your envy. Just Dmail me with sent envie today in the subject. You will get a good variety of good seeds.

If you can, stick a note in your envy and tell me they types of things you like. Veggies and Flowers, some seeds you are looking for, stuff like that. It will help me fill your envy. I can't always get just what you ask for, but will try.

Postage keeps going up so now we need five usually,

Send 5 stamps and an address label with your name on it.
4 of the stamps will go back on your return envy, the extra will go into the "pot" I don't use it for personal use, but it helps when some mail comes with postage due and when the "oldies" send boxes of seeds sometimes there is postage due.
Best thing to do is just send me an empty bubble envy with your label and stamps inside. I can use that same envy to send your seeds back. Saves that envy!!
Also, if you will scotch tape the envy to send to me, I can use the self adhesive and won't destroy your envy pulling them open when I get them. That stuff is "tuff" and I end up with mangled envy's going back to you

Please make sure you put enough stamps on your envelope you send to me. An empty bubble envy is at least 84 cents, so two stamps. If you are sending seeds, it's more of course.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR D MAIL NAME WITH YOUR ENVY.

I am in the address exchange, so you know where to send the envy. If you can't find it, just d mail and I'll shoot it right to you. At the top of your home page, you'll see the link "EXTRA'S" ,Go into that link, scroll down and you'll see the address exchange this goes to the exchange http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/ you have to add yourself to the exchange then you can get my address.

Oldies! lol If you would like to donate seeds, it would be great.!! I know how much I loved it when I was new and someone sent me seeds to get me started. Now I want to pay it forward and maybe you would too.

For those of you who would like to help the newbies, but just don't have a lot of seed, if you would like to trade for seeds, that is great as well. Send seeds for the newbies and I will send you the same amount back. Put a note in with your DG name and let me know what you are looking for also.
Happy Gardening Everyone,
Robin

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009 3:06 PM

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009 5:56 PM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Holding For Word Scramble
Winners and Donatees"

1. Globe Thistle won by topofMurrayHill week of 6/13 donated by Arejay59 (Robin)
2. Evening Primrose won by LateBloomerToo week of 6/20 donated by mittsy (Mittsy)
3a. Purple Shamrock won by Cue_Chik week of 6/24 donated by seray53 (Sherri)
3b. Iris Mescalero Chief won by locakelly week of 6/24 donated by mamajack (Barb)
4. Twofer 6/27 donated by polly K (Polly)

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009 3:09 PM

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah - thanks, Robin!! Now let's hope everyone finds it!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

You are welcome KT2!! Now lets see if it works!!

Easier the second time around! :)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

WOOT, i didn't get lost after all!!!!!

Kelz

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

HI Everyone. To continue the oldest/youngest saga Robin asked for other middle ones. I have a question about that...do you want the right smack dab in the middle, the older middle or the younger middle? I'm number 11 out of 14 and the next to last girl.
Congratulations to the winners.
Margaret

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh My 11 th out of 14 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ok Kelly and Sherri, Flower are you here? Mittsy? Where did Chief Mama get off to??? Lacefairy you can't go yet you just got here.

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009 5:57 PM

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I'm Here !!!!

Hi Flower, favorite of the week!

Those are Nicotianas sanderae 'Fragrant Cloud'. They are so easy and sweet smelling. I saw the pic in a mag. and hunted the seeds. They keep getting bigger and bigger. I've had to stake a few.

Wow Mindy I think that puts you at the head of the sibling roundup. :) Did you grow up in KY?

Yes I second the motion that Arejay will be favorite of the week next week.

Bye for now

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Im here.. at least I'm ONE of the kelly's...ROTFL

kelz

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Good to see everyone having fun!

Does anyone else see what I see in the thread title? ^_^

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009 5:06 PM

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Robin's sometimers musta kicked in - ROTFL........

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL.. robin is having a flashback... ROTFL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

huh...not only has my sometimers kicked in my eyes have forsaken me!! I don't see what you see??? Tell me can you tell me???That's a oldie but goody song right? What did I say

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Look very carefully at the title of the thread . . .

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

You've gone back in time six whole years.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

and Kelz flashback comment (hint! hint!)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

It all yours faults!! Its all the talk about oldest, middle and youngest... I forgot where I was.....And I cant fix it...ever. It wont even go when I make a new thread...you can all point it out to all the newbies as they arrive for many many years to come. And I don't even drink.......

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

sure . . . we believe you . . . ^_^

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

uh huh (shaking head up and down...)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Maybe I need a nap.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

jeeeez...Old people!!!!

Look all you newbies... and be forewarned.. this is your brain... this is your brain trying to keep track of too many seeds... any questions?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

grandparents did always like the oldest kids. and the aunts and uncles too. forgot about that locakelly.

i have a daytime part time job most every day of the week so won't be on until the afternoons arejay. i had you pegged for sure as an older child. what were you cue chik?

has the guessing started again? some of what yall say i feel like i missed a part of the thread that would fill me in. what was all that about the title of this thread?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mama has sometimers too - ROTFL!!!!!!!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

lol... I am in the middle somewhere of 6 kids... but I am the youngest girl

Kelz

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh gosh...You KT1 I don't know who said it on the last thread. You aint right!! That's why we like you!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ok Mama see after you afternoon nap!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

She's one of THOSE . . .

the youngest ones

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes...shes one of those alright but my question is what is Syrumani? Shes the one that tattled she has to be a younger or a middle....

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL... I might also state that I, yes ME... is daddy's favorite!!!!! Woot! which means, Im the trouble maker in my family.. yay me!

kelz

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

then i'm confused cue. daddy's favorite is a shoo in for the youngest but troublemaker........not us. that's the middle child's job. lol.

and sometimer's...........what is it? i just learned jonesing so i am jonesing for an answer. not really but wanted to show yall that i can be taught.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ok.. like I said.. I am somewhere int he middle of the 6 kids, but I am the baby girl... so, LOL, I get to have multiple roles... WOOT!

Kelz

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I am right smack dab in the middle :)

ants

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

sometimers is like alzheimers (pronounced alltimers) . . . you just forget sometimes

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i haven't known too many native floridians. what's it like growing up in florida? how old are you anyway? are the natives "country"?

and WOOT! WHAT is that? is that something native floridians say? lol.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

forget? i know i am sending mescalero chief to marieortiz in arizona. i didn't forget that.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

MJ, I am 36 years old. No, not all of us natives are 'country'...LOL. I am a city girl born and raised.

WOOT = yay, yahoo, yippie, woo hoo....etc, etc.

Kelz

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.