Divine socks, auras, spinning, and other assorted chatter

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well actually dear Dr. Doolittle I was hoping that Peppy would eat my delph worms, considering that skunks favour grubs and such. Now is he/she shooable? Probably not. How stinky might I be if I try to shoo Peppy? Probably alot so maybe I will just point and suggest. Cousin Nut is a professional wassailer. Like YES for sure she sings like the wind. ps I just got through 10 days of Calgary Stampede with pancake breakfasts and BBQ beef lunchs and evening smorgs of everthing. Ooff I declare that I am waddling at the moment.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

You know in retrospect, I think maybe I should be Dr. Dooalot, instead of Dr. Doolittle, since I do a lot. I mean, in the busy way. Can I be Dr. Dooalot? Peppy might eat your delph worms - I would think he would enjoy that. Shooable....ugh....no. You could place strategic piles of wiggling grubses outside your yard, in Peppy-viewplane areas.

Love the stampede - what a fun time. Are you saying that you are hippy too?! LOL!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hippy, happy, hopeful, hula. These things are always me. It seems I'm also Silver ^_^ I thought that was way too exciting that your latest yardage that you are sending to Catscan is silvery ^_^ I think that Catscan is a silvery person with her laugh. ps why are you measuring with those weird tools in other guys feets? Why don't you measure in Clairefeets? Way easier.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Clairefeets measurements would require me to wrap the yarn around my feetses, which might not always be perfectly clean, seeing as I have a barnyard and all, so I would hate to contaminate the silvery goodness.

Here is a piece of the latest roving being considered by the ceramic flock. It is a soy silk, wool top and silver sparkles blend. I hope you can see the sparkles.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

I see the Sparkles! I see the Sparkles! Dahlianut--do you see the Sparkles?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

And the start of the yarn it is becoming.

Edited to say it is deliberately thick-and-thin in an attempt to do what they call an "art yarn" look.

This message was edited Jul 13, 2009 9:55 PM

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
(Zone 7b)

Sulking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~i went to the store to get my new ducks a pool and they were sold out~~~~~~~~Sulk~~~~~~~~
~~~~So my feet are cold and i have no divine fiberous animals and i'm hungry as i cannot have the delicious goats milk sherbet~~~~~Sulk~~~~~~~~Now my ducks are ill with me they have no pool to swim in~~~~~~~~~~Sulk {:~>

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I do Catscan! I do! It is TOTALLY silvery sparkly!!!! That is totally magical and Dear Dr. Doolittle methinks that your green has a shade of silver sparkles in order for you to make such a fabby sparkly yarnage. May I call it yarnage? Yarnage just sounds so offically brilliant like it is (if that is ok?)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oooh, yarnage! Love it! You are fully entitled Dahlia, and are the inventoress too. Well done. But I still want to be Dr. Dooalot. Maybe I have a silver overlay on my green aura?

Duck pools sold out...a tragic occurrence!! Those kiddie pools should be at Walmart, oh no, never mind, don't shop there....what about Home Depot or Lowe's? I think mine came from Menards but I don't know if that is a national chain or just midwestern? Perhaps you should invite them in to use your tub for a few days until a pool can be located?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Click... Click... Click.....
There's no place like home....

Motherbird Reporting... bouncing around in the back of the big truck......

I read this and love it!!!!! I get a big dose of home right here in the big rig............

You all might not recognize me, I have lost like a couple hundred pounds of stress and depression... soory if I can't type too good.

I shall not sulk.. I cannot..

Hang on Catscan.. I was suppose to be home today.. but I didn't... LOL I love North Carolina... I'm on the way to Michigan now... then to Utah..

!!!

Pack your bags and your knitting needles Catscan... I want you to go with me,, !!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

okie dokie Dr. Dooalot maker of the sparkly yarnage.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hippy, happy, hopeful, hula, hi dear ZZs! Sounds like you are hoodwinking friends into an excitement ^_^ I totally luv when hoodwinking happens ^_^

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Yaaaay Motherbird! Glad to see you! So happy that you are enjoying your trip and getting rid of stress. I love getting rid of stress. It is one of the reasons why I love spinning so much, and sheep.

Michigan....Utah.....where the poop is IOWA???!!!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

ZZ, do you have a map with everyones place marked on it.. so when your close you can stop at a truck stop and call us and we can send you traveling with our wares?

Lodi, United States

ZZ--how can you be so callous? Here I sit, alone, in Lodi. If it weren't for my tinkling laughter and Claire's sparkly fiber, I would be sobbing uncontrollably.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Meanwhile back in Cowtown the Crazy Ole Cat is determined to meet the new livestock: Peppy Le Pew. Methinks I'm going to be dealing with a whack of Pew very soon. Can we sob together Catscan? Do you know any good sobbing songs? CRAPPOLA! Who knew having livestock would cause issues???

Lodi, United States

I do! I do! I do know a song to sob to (to which to sob?)! This is "The Weeping Song"--a song to which to weep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thHx7cdoaAc&feature=related

It seems to be a variation on the folk tale of the cursed village in which all the inhabitants must continually weep in penance for some community sin.

Richmond, TX

Thick - thin yarn! How do you do that Dr. Dooalot? Does that mean the resulting divine socks will be of ununiform divinity? Alas, I will never know first hand - SULK!

Lodi, United States

porkpal--have you repented of your pedal reticence? No good (or socks) can come of it.

Clarkson, KY

Could we have a shorter thread??

Maybe "Pedal RetiSins, Spins and Other Yarns" or Something??
(I'da done it...but without Claire's fabby pics!!!)

To answer a bit....I am both hippie and hippy..
.ZeeZ -I-65 and Elizabethtown, KY and you HAVE to report!!! pleeeezeeeez??
Did suggest Dr Doolotz at one point...
Fabby sparkles wherein should be woven a few silver bells...
Harmony --Howzabout bender board and pond liner? Should be cheap now...
Dahl's....""I feel hippie....I feel happy...somewhat Hoodwinked, but flappy and gaaay......and so hippy....I could haaardly eat my flan todaay...."";p
Porkpal and Fran....I can only bow looow.....wowzers..

This message was edited Jul 14, 2009 7:56 AM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ummm. Done it. Changed title slightly to retain proper "livestock" theme. Dr. Doolotz....better....much better.....

Here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1014671/

Must go to work. late. Argh.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.