Divine socks, auras, spinning, and other assorted chatter

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL You silly.. LOL I'm just goin on a 5 day vacation. Now you know how I felt when you had all those meetings!!!

I hope I didn't give the impression I'd leave DG.. I would never say that and then not do it. If I were leaving here.. you'd know... and I would keep my word.. No worries.. You too Haystack! I'm not leaving DG!!!!!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Catscan, as your backup therapist, I recommend obtaining a bottle lamb. It will help you through the rough patches when ZZ is on holiday.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Yeah... she could grow some Lamb's ears with bootiez..

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Hee Hee Lamb booties.. too Funny. Yep ZZ I am not far from you.... I am loving spending this time with my grown children, but sometimes I feel like a square peg trying to fit in a round hole..Walking back last night, I kept asking if it was safe to be out that late... He just looked at me and told me to relax.....

Did take some pretty picturs wehn I was up in Cottonwood of Yellow Flowers...... And ZZ I would so love that house, but I am not sure how we can cut it off of the other houses it is next to...

Oh and saw the skunks down by the waterfront... LOL they aint chickens, but they were funny

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh and I forgot to mention..... The highlight of my trip to Cottonwood Ca.......

I got to go to a tractor supply house, just like the ones you all talk about.... WOWOWOW they have everything...

Clarkson, KY

lol. Enjoy MsJ!!

Lodi, United States

Where, Oh Where, Is My Wandering Lamb?

(Zone 7b)

Missjester Good to hear from you and glad you are enjoying your vacation it sounds wonderful!

ZZ Leave Ha~Ha~Ha~Ha~Ha

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

In fact, about half an hour ago, your wandering lamb was trying to eat your fiber!

Lodi, United States

Silly Moxon. Lambs don't eat fiber. They eat Ivy. Are you sure it wasn't a very large Moth?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

She even tries to eat it through the plastic bags...I think she has an affinity for wool.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

Uh..Oh...Very Silence of the Lambs........

(Zone 7b)

"Mommy"~ Mommy" ~ ~"Is that you Mommy what have they done to you"?!?!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I keep telling her that she should aspire to have her fleece in those bags....maybe she's just checking out the standards?

I hope she doesn't think it's Mommy. She visits her Mommy out in the field, but their relationship is a little awkward, since she actually thinks that I'm her Mommy.

(Zone 7b)

She is Beautiful Claire {:~)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here is the state of the fiber that has been spun thus far for the next divine socks (which will be Catscan's socks).

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

And here is what remains to be spun. It really is getting there...

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

Ahhhhhhh......!

(Zone 7b)

I just love those colors they go so well together ;~)

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Very Pretty Claire....

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I know of the latest divine sock...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OH! There is an interim divine sock! Excellent! Do give details!

(Zone 7b)

Details Details.........

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I got the colors for most all....
The Blue Aura Mount Shasta Lake at Sunset

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

The Purple Aura.... (Look for the butterfly for the brown aura)

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

The White Aura...

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wow! What a beautiful view!

(Zone 7b)

Missjester that is Beautiful!!!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

And me the Yellow Aura

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Still looking for orange...
Yes that was an awesome view, I got to see some deer right at sunset, but getting pictures of them proved to be harder...

PS I know it is not chicken or livestock, but snapping pictures I could see colors and it reminded me of this thread...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wait a second....where's my green aura?!

Just loving the flowers - great shots MissJ!

(Zone 7b)

Thank You for the Yellow i had forgot about the aura's and mine was yellow LOL

Beautiful Pics i just love to take pics of flowers and you are really a excellent photographer!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Here is orange/red with yellow undertones arua

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Claire,
Your Green is so hard to capture, but I think this picture gives it some justice. You may notice the deer and her baby, and of course the horse in the back ground. This was looking out towards the back side of my sister property down by the creek. We would sit out on the back porch and enjoy the view.... There are many shades of green in this picture, I know that one of them are you... (If not, I still think of you as a dear, so I did capture your aura, or at least your animal spirit)

This message was edited Jul 3, 2009 7:28 PM

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Lodi, United States

ZZ knows "of"--but has not yet beheld the subtle glory of these demi-divine socks. I recently overcame the dreaded SSS (second sock syndrome) and project an estimated completion date of July 30th. At which time they will be released on the winds of fate to find their aura mate.

On a similar topic--Moxon are you familiar with Stephanie Pearl McPhee--aka "The Yarn Harlot"? I ask because, if not, you should be. She has the ability to make fiber obsession seem--well--like a mere obsession and not a dangerous pathology. Sort of.

And she is an unreconstructed Canadian.

She has a blog: http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/

But I really recommend her books--both to the fiber addicted and those that love them. Sort of like the Meditations of St. Ignatius...only on yarn and not spirituality.

I don't know if St Ignatius really understood fiber... the whole hair shirt thing may have put him off.

Anyone know a good poem?

Edited to add: Those are such beautiful pictures, MsJester!(sp).

This message was edited Jul 3, 2009 11:54 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

What a perfect picture! So many shades of green - I've gotta be in there! The deer is soooo cute! Reminds me of the baby deer we had here for a few days before we took her to the wildlife rehab clinic. Your sister has a beautiful property. Thanks for my aura picture!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

The Sheep by Ellis Parker Butler

The Sheep adorns the landscape rural
And is both singular and plural—
It gives grammarians the creeps
To hear one say, “A flock of sheeps.”

The Sheep is gentle, meek and mild,
And led in herds by man or child—
Being less savage than the rabbit,
Sheep are gregarious by habit.

The Sheep grows wool and thus promotes
The making of vests, pants and coats—
Vests, pants and coats and woolen cloths
Provide good food for hungry moths.

With vegetables added to
The Sheep, we get our mutton stew—
Experiments long since revealed
The Sheep should first be killed and peeled.

Thus, with our debt to them so deep,
All men should cry “Praise be for Sheep!”—
And, if we happen to be shepherds,
“Praise be they’re not as fierce as leopards!”

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Catscan - Stephanie's blog is a riot. I read it regularly and it usually makes me giggle. She is all gung ho on the sock summit right now. I bet you would fit right in at the sock summit. It is in Oregon I think. I would love to go some year when I have learned the fine and gentle art of sock construction. Her Canada Day post was a good one, as were some of the previous Canada Day posts she did, which she referenced in this year's one.

I think she may have an even more serious form of the addiction than I do.

Do you have all her books? I would be happy to share mine if you don't!

Hair sheep (as opposed to wool sheep) are not recommended for shirts either.

Lodi, United States

A glorius poem !

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I thought that one would be right up your alley!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.