Siberians and species part 3

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

I've been following the siberian thread even though I have not commented....too overwhelmed! It was getting pretty long so I thought we could start part 3. My siberian and species season is just getting started so I may be posting some repeats.

I'll start with my own hybrid between I. chrysographes 'Dark Form' X I. bulleyana

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Iris hookeri...a lavender-pink form

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Iris versicolor 'Kermisina'

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thsnk you Todd, I added the link.

Your cross is stunning, nice job!

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Iris versicolor 'Anchor Point'

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Thanks Mittsy!

Iris versicolor 'Maberley'

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

The first siberian...Towanda Red Flare

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Iris sibtosa 'Bristol's Hope' - my first hybrid registered with the AIS!

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Love that chrysographes 'Dark Form' X I. bulleyana cross, beautiful unusual color. Are you going to name it and intro it? How about the others.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oops, we cross posted. Guess you answered my question.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Todd, so glad to see your beardless!! I have been feeling sad to see mine go downhill. I hate when the beardless season winds down. Perfect timing for a pick me up! I am so happy that you have an introduction. Congrats and a real beauty!! If you want, you can send a division to Polly and she can get them going in the US.

I. chrysographes 'Dark Form' X I. bulleyana is outstanding. I haven't forgotten that you owe me bulleyana seeds! :) Are the hookerii the iris Andrew is working with? So exciting to see your hybrids. I can't grow chrysographes here. Is it too warm?

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Kathy, remind me about the bulleyana seed as my mind is mush these days. Yes, Andrew was working on the hookeri. Bristol's Hope is actually hookeri X Moonsilk but they are still referred to as sibtosa. Can't say why chrysographes won't grow for you...all the sino-siberians do well here.

Polly, I will probably be registering more iris later this season. I like to give them a couple of years to see how they perform before I register them. That bullyana X chrysographes is an excellent plant and smothered with buds at the moment. I expect that one will certainly be registered.

This one just opened today...it is the first time blooming...its a cross between typhifolia alba X hookeri (the lavender form shown earlier). Looks like a potential plant!

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
South Hamilton, MA

The Cal-sibes do not like eastern MA

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Todd, your hybrid between I. chrysographes 'Dark Form' X I. bulleyana is really beautiful. I love the color. The other ones are also very, very pretty.

Boojum, congratulations on the article in the paper. Your yard must be really beautiful. You really deserve recognition for all of your hard work.

Shadow

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Nice pics, Todd.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Any idea who might introduce them for you Todd? Are you familiar with Chuck Chapman? Maybe he would be a possibility.

I would gladly grow some to get them going in the US, Boojum, but the beardless are so hard to get across the border. Dee recently had a large problem with that.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Todd, I wanted to wish you a happy birthday the other day, but didn't see where you were posting. Hope it was a wonderful day. Love seeing all your crosses.

Boojum, Here is the picture that I forgot to post Prismatica. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

That's a shame, Polly. I think Todd's are outstanding. Love the chartreuse foliage on the typifolia alba x hookeri. Don't you love how delicate and spreading the prismaticas are, Patti?
And thank you Shadow. Open invite if you're ever in New England.
Went to Andrew's garden today. All the JIs are budded and tall. Most of mine are short. Where can I move them?????
I am starting to have a few JI blooms. Should I post them here or somewhere called Japanese Iris??

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Please post them here. I'm going to be getting some next week, and I'd like to post them here as I did last year.

My first blooms, Pink Frost

Thumbnail by mittsy

Royal Game, insects eating out the center.

Thumbnail by mittsy

NOID

Thumbnail by mittsy
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Great Japanese iris! They are not so readily available in my area. I only have a couple and they are not even showing buds yet.

Here is a mini that is flowering in my rockery...I. sintensii

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Whoa!!! Never saw that one. Is it a spuria like gracilipes?

Here's Warabe-Uta JI in my shadow at noon.

Thumbnail by boojum

First Miyamoto seedling of the season.

Thumbnail by boojum

Purple ensata (noid).

Thumbnail by boojum

Enfant Prodige at Debby Wheeler's garden.

Thumbnail by boojum

Ginger Peach LA also from Debby's.

Thumbnail by boojum

This is a laevigata alba x ensata at Debby's. Forgot the name. Think it had 'Snow' in it.

Thumbnail by boojum
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Love those pseudatas! I was given seed of one but it ended up being straight pseudacorus.

Kathy, I. sintensii is indeed a member of the spuria group...it is only 3 inches tall!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Todd, Very many thanks for your great pic of Tonawanda Red Flare. I've had a question mark on the label for about 8 years. Think I can finally give it a final label.

The sib thread is fabulous. Realy bad for the wish list though. Thought I had a good selection of sibs. Nowhere........

Keep them coming.

Ginny

Mittsy, Pink Frost is beautiful!

Finally resized a few of my pictures.

LEES BLUE

Thumbnail by Mshadow

IMPRESSION

Thumbnail by Mshadow

RUFFLED VELVET