The Divine Sock

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Mine are not quite that large only 9 1/2 to 10 with a D width. But they do not keep me up just the opponent I am always tripping over them .

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

When I wear shoes.. they are a 10

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

My boots are 9 1/2 to depending on the style... (Actually all I wear are boots so I do wear socks all the time)

I like that statement. I would rather go barefoot too, maybe that is why I have broken so many toes!!!! LOL

ZZ I use to know a female semi trucker who was in her upper 70's she could out drive the men and also do a lot of the repairs on her own truck.

Lodi, United States

Hmmm. According to E.O. Wilson:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Q9ofvKZAmpEC&pg=PA86&lpg=PA86&dq=%2Bplay+in+higher+mammals&source=bl&ots=oMc7_Kvx2i&sig=UrMHzkASYNrfeYS6itjOs7Pvn7k&hl=en&ei=KfU7StbWFJDosQOe94n0CA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3

Which means those engaging in funny stuff are likely to be both highly intelligent and predatory.

Makes you think twice about those gambolling lambs......

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

My foot is a pretty consistent 8.5. Unfortunately, it is usually adorned with mud, vegetable seeds, compost, chicken poop, lamb pee, bits of straw, or other sundry farmyard detritus. I am forever having to wash my feet before I go back in the house. I'm such a tomboy sometimes. I just love to sit in the pasture and play with the goats or lambs.

Of course, I will wash my feet extraordinarily thoroughly before attempting the wearing of the divine sock, not the least reason for which is that of course I will have to take photographic evidence.

I, for the record, have never been a trucker, but I think ZZ is very adventurous and if I were going to be cut off by a semi, I want it to be hers. :-)

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Bigger feet, better foundation my daddy always use to say....

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I beat you all, even I can't have livestock or poultry! I wear 12w or 13s. Yep, in women's sizes. It is SOOO hard to find cute shoes that fit!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

SO all my fem friends.. on that special occasion when the men folk rip us screaming from our fields of feather and fiber, mudd and greens... spray us down with the hose and dress us up with the fluff.. do you ever get where you are going, excuse yourself to use the ladies room, look down at your lovely white sandles.. and realize just how much mudd is left under your toenails??

Oh how they have to start making foot gloves.. LOL, I don't care how long I soak my feet or groom them.. I have to use dark polish all summer to hid the ground in grime..

Lets just keep that between you and me ok?

I belong to that club. LOL

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOLOLOL

Clarkson, KY

Yes to the dark polish club....But I think
you ladies left me behind in about 3rd grade.
5'1/2" size 5 1/2 wide.....weight wise I can
hand with the best of 'em, but dang....short
everywhere!!

Sounds like my mothers size feet. I am only 5' 6" but my feet make up for it. I joke that I am short on one end.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

hmmmm... what goes around...

foot gloves = The Divine Sock

now who was making us all socks?

Lodi, United States

While, in general, the gifting of socks is thought a pleasant thing. And dirt encrusted feet benefit from a bright and cheery cover--it would be wise to see the Divine Sock before invoking it.

A little yarn can be a dangerous thing....

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I would make us all socks...

(insert yeahbut here)

Lodi, United States

I would like to point out that, when I had the opportunity to "gift" ZZ with two beautiful Southdown Baby Doll lambs--she refused. How then am I to acquire enough decadently soft fiber to clad the feet of all who so desperately require them?

Oh ZZ, how can you be so terribly, terribly cruel?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

(insert yeahbut here)
Yeah, but.... Claire has enough fiber for the entire DG population! They won't fit in my truck!!

Want some more yeahbuts?

Lodi, United States

Weak, ZZ. Very weak.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh my word, you should all sit down. I have just completed my worship of the divine sock, and am now ready to debut it. I tell you my friends, these are truly, the most divine of divine socks. They are without equal. Without even comparative equals.

They are, truly, sublime.

I'm so awestruck, I'm not sure if I can post the pics....

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

L M B O

Claire, I'm sending you strength, encouragement and power to post...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh ZZ, it's like they were made exactly for me. Oh wait.....they WERE!!

Brace yourselves, and please don't all bash down my door trying to get them. They are MINE!!!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Marshmallow says "What do you mean by 'wool'? Do you seriously expect me to believe those came from a sheep? You're dreamin' lady!"

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

They are most fab socks I ever had in my life. Thank you soooo much!! Catscan, you are a wonderful knitter! I wish I lived closer so that I could learn to knit from you! Your first batch of handspun will be in the mail soon.

Marshmallow is insanely envious. As is everyone else, of course! I can sense it...

I am going to wear these with Birkenstocks in the fall when I go back to class. I will be the coolest "kid" on campus.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

You are the bestest Claire!

Those just might be the most beautiful socks I've ever seen in my entire life!
I mean really, they are so unique!

I can't do this..........LOL

Lodi, United States

I see the others are stunned into silence. How to best express their awe and reverence for The Sock Divine? Just let it burst forth....and maybe the gods of foot gloves will similarly reward YOU!

Clarkson, KY

......................!!.............................

Wait ware are my sunglasses!!!! I do not want those lovely socks to blind me!!!!

Lodi, United States

Yes, yes, grownut, I understand. You are overcome with wonder and ardour.

"What," you are asking yourself, "What can I do to be worthy enough to receive such gift?"

The answer is both simple and ineluctable. You know it in your heart. There is nothing that you can do, of yourself, to purchase such a gift. It is merely an echo of the universe. Karma. The proof of a wisdom greater than our own.

Sigh. My work here is done.

Richmond, TX

Oh, my! Can't we all have some? That would be divine to the nth power.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

...I'm sulking...

Richmond, TX

Perhaps we should all stage a mass sulk - in.

what are the rules for a sulk in?????

Clarkson, KY

*choke*..............staggering..............

Richmond, TX

Isn't there an official rules committee?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Of course there is a rules committee, but it is highly disorganized and often confused about itself. Can you bring it in line, Porkpal?

Lodi, United States

No cupcakes.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

com-on... sulking 101.. sitting on floor legs crossed staring at enlarged window of sunglass envoked handmade marshmellow footie gloves. Head in hand, drool dripping.. no talking allowed.. just sulking.. one must stay in that position until they become enthrawald with another subject or shiny object.

Lodi, United States

Do you draw your brows together or not? I always draw my brows together. And stick out my lower lip.

The drooling is a nice touch.

This message was edited Jun 21, 2009 1:26 AM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I'm so intrigued by the yarn....I want to see what it looked like before it was knitted. How did it make those swirly patches of color? And why do I feel so mesmerized by them?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.