The Divine Sock

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Uh oh....Catscan has fallen victim to the fiber-liciousness.

Does anyone have some flan?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

It may have been the little bitty duckie that get her. LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

She's quackers! LOL!

Lodi, United States

Cashmere....mohair....bamboo based rayon....linen....ramie....Blue-faced Leicester fiber redolent of warm, earthy lanolin....my fingers greasy as I run them through the unwashed wool....

Oh. Excuse me. I thought I was alone.

This message was edited Jun 17, 2009 9:02 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Yesssss....I have brought another into the fold.....

Clarkson, KY

giiiiiiirrrrrlllls!!!! we're gonna get ceeeeeensoooorred......

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

For talkin' about wool??? Really?

(Zone 7b)

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha I have OCD it's worse than Collectivitis.

Claire any Green colored wool in there i love green?

I saw a green but it was one of those greens that would knock your socks of green. HE HE HE!!!!

I am going to bed an dream about yarn and cooler weather. Good night

(Zone 7b)

Hey send me some of that cooler weather it hit over 100 today "" Nite Wren""

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh I'm so sorry I was out all day..

We must have Flan... Flan........

Oh P thud Flan?

I didn't say it.. but I saw the sock, and it's divine.

Lodi, United States

No, ZZ, of course you didn't say it......Pthud flan does sound lovely though. How to acquire some.........hmmmm?

Clarkson, KY

Well...if the Pilgrimage of the Divine Sock were to start somewhere
in Georgia...hmmm...or the 'Faithful' gathered in Lodi...hmmm...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Waaait a second.....how can the faithful gather in Lodi when the faithful need to keep taking care of their critters in Iowa?! Well, at least one of the faithful does...

Clarkson, KY

Well......the Faithful are rather scattered......the Sock, Divine.......the Pethuds, Divine..........any solutions, Mistress Won'tworkatall? ;p

It the meeting place is cooler that the jumping off place for hades(aka here) then I will be there as soon as possible. I will even crawl in the present of the sock--that is if y'all will help me up!!!! LOL

Clarkson, KY

Eazy-peazy, Mistress Wren...

(Zone 7b)

Wren I'm feeling for you it's been hot as 40 yards of that place here too.

As my sister told me once " I'm waiting for the shingle's to start dripping off the house"

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

It's only gonna be 95 here today.. That is not boilin hot for us.. we are usually in the triple digits by now..

ZZ The heat is bad but it is the humidity or as they say the feel like temp which is what kills us. The other day it was only 95 but the feel like temps where 105+++++

Harmony I get the recipe for the "P" pie thanks loads.

(Zone 7b)

Your welcome and i'm still working on the pics

Yep it's 100 right now but feels like it's 200 looks like we in for another sweltering summer {;~)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

More future socks are in the works. Our last pregnant ewe finally had her lambs this morning. She had quadruplets!! Very rare in sheep. She had 2 boys and 2 girls but one boy was born dead, so we have triplets now, 2 girls and a boy. They are all white and curly as can be. I will post pics tonight. I look at them and see socks.... ;-)

They are so adorable when they are so tiny, and these are especially tiny because there were so many of them in her. The more lambs, the smaller each lamb is. Cute as buttons. The mom is probably mixed breed, we think part Corriedale, and the dad is Icelandic.

Clarkson, KY

poor little lambs....so young and already nothing more than a handy sock, lolol...;p

Lodi, United States

Sock sourcing is a serious business, grow. There is no higher aspiration that a young sheep can have than to be the origin for soft, sensuous, woolly socks. Your try to make socks out of straw--or irrigation tape.

Hmmm. I'm thinking modern art exhibition....do they pay well?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

LOL....irrigation tape socks....oh my goodness my sides hurt from laughing.

My sheep know, from the moment of birth, that sockdom is their true calling. They stand, mesmerized by my feet as I walk past, imagining their wooly coats adorning my toes and hiding my clunky ankles. Some dream of scarfdom as well, and see their locks in a future wrap around my neck or shoulders, keeping me warm when I go out to feed them in the midst of a snowstorm. A few of the brave ones even consider mittendom, with aspirations of keeping my hands warm all winter long. Yes, they willingly shed their heavy coats for me, just waiting to see who I will be wearing next!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I will need socks... When California is in my rear view mirror... I will need socks to comfort me... :)

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I have flan I HAVE FLAN.... no socks or talents like CMoxen or Catscan, but I have her flan recipie... I make it 2 times a week, Billy eats it up... and I have some waiting for us when we get home...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

So glad you keep enjoying the flan MissJestr! It's great! Kelly loves it too and he always asks me to make it. I was thinking I would try a version with some ground almonds added....

ZZ, I will provide the wool if Catscan will provide the knitting, and we will keep your feet warm across the country...

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Where is ZZ going???? or did I miss something?

Lodi, United States

ZZ is plotting her escape from Prison Lodi and has concocted a cunning plan. She may even be in a position to deliver demi-divine socks to all.

Meanwhile I am digging additional underground bunkers for her chickens.

Richmond, TX

What a delightfully crazy bunch of people there are on this forum!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

ZZ

I am on the highway out of Cali, I can hide you way out in the wilds of Arizona far from anyone... Just send smoke signals for times and dates....

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Duhhh hit me with a stick, I will be heading up that way next weekend, (actually Cottonwood) I will stuff her in the back of the truck on my way back... That will get her as far as the wilds of Arizona...

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I've made a decision to go on the road long haul truckin..

It's such a long story, I have to start a blog... No way I can explain it all here...

My CB handle will be MotherBird

This is the biggest thing I've ever done, and I have HUGE major issues to work out... I have faith it will work out, cause I believe in my heart.. When you are doing the right thing, good things will happen. It's my turn.

I'm going to search the Nation for my lil plot of land.. My home.. it's out there somewhere.. I intend to find it.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

PS.. undercover chicken transport is not out of the question..

Lodi, United States

You do remember that Claire has my donkey?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

No, it's mine.

Lodi, United States

Mine!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm tellin..

Claaaaaaaairrrrreeeeee She said it's her donkeeeeeey..

First one there gets it?

Lodi, United States

Speaking of Claire---I just had a horrible thought. Really bad.

And I don't like to bring it up...but...sometimes... we have to face reality. It is cold. It is hard. It is ugly. So I am just going to blurt it out:

Dermestid beetles and (shudder)....moths.........

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.