Toadstools & Fungi - part 2

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/861175/

Rain, Rain brings many forms of life to our gardens, and none more interesting than fungi! Please share photos of your fungi and any 'shroom stories here.

The rain has brought these cute little ones back again. Sally, did you say this was "Cup" fungus? I don't remember them being so orange last year.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Stinkhorns are back. This is a new spot for them to emerge.. They were nestled amidst a bunch of button type 'shrooms, again new in this spot this year. I had walked right through these without noticing them. Afterwards, I quickly checked my pant cuffs for oozie gooey stuff!

Thumbnail by stormyla
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Just found these threads...these were on a tree in Hylton Head last fall

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

same fungi...different angle

Thumbnail by Chantell
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Really nice Wood Ears, Chantell. I love it when they are that color. Didn't know there was a hill in Hilton Head, unless it was on a golf course! LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

They have a name?!? Incredible! Nope no hill...just trees around the buildings...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

May have been an old photo scanned....can't remember

Thumbnail by Chantell
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

This has been a bad year for pictures for me not many toadstools & fungi in the yard, possibly to chilly. But some are starting to return. Got these pics a few days ago.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

Took this one without getting down on the ground, when I downloaded it on the puter.....Wow!

Same shroom but got the other one in this shot.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

She's a beauty, Lady. Awesome shot from below. It's been too dry here to have any. Just lots of Stinkhorns.

Stinkhorns can be awesome too. Came across a red-orange once in the flower garden.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Now that we are getting our first rain of any kind in, a month? maybe I'll get some. It's been very shroomless here.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The recent rain popped this beauty up. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

And a different angle. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

That's a nice one Ric!

Ric, That is a nice one! Like the flat top and the color pattern. Glad you are joining us on ore mushroom expedition. LOL

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This one popped up just today. It must have thought the Mt. Atlas Cedar was lonely. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

That's cute, Ric. Not enough rain to have any here.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

JR stayed over this weekend and we had a great time. He saw the toadstools in the yard and got so excited. So I suggested he take the camera and snap a few pics. Here are a couple of shots he took.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This is the same one Ric took a pic of a couple of days ago boy has it opened up.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Little boys always curious want to look under the toadstools.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The last of JR's shots this group was looking pretty interesting.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I thought for sure there would be lots of pix on this thread this summer, but apparently not. After June, I hardly had any rain. But this little group popped up yesterday.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We had plenty of rain and plenty of fungi, just too busy to post. I should've harvested this one, but by the time I decided to it was past it's prime. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric, It's so interesting how so many different varieties pop up in everyone's yard. I've never had one like that. Today I saw a bunch of Stinkhorns in my beds again.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I got this pic yesterday. They are growing in the cracks of an old RRtie that Ric moved.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Holly that is a neat picture, love the old cobwebs.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Yeah, Holly!!!
Crop that and frame it! Really neat.......

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I like the shape of those 'shrooms.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I meant to post a link to this thread when I first saw it. I think these are pretty cool. I've never seen any like these.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1024550/

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

For all of you 'shroom lovers, consider putting one of these on your Christmas wish list:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1044036/

Yes, the co-op forum is getting funghi!

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

Ordinary yet perfectly formed.

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey John! That one looks like a beach umbrella. I don't ever remember seeing any fungi in Florida. I'll have to be on the alert whenever I return there.

Nice FL shroom, like you said ordinary yet so nice in its brief perfect state.
This from a local woodland

Thumbnail by sallyg

and this guy who can't shake his head to get that dang moss off.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, That's really nice. I've never seen a red and white one.

They were plentiful!

Thumbnail by sallyg
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, That's a really nice photo.

Sally and everyone, the photo contest for 2009 is up and running. there is a category for our shrooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.