What's blooming in your garden #4

Tomah, WI

This is the stem on the odd Hazels Pink above. The stem looks normal. Could it be a fused bloom?

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Love "whole bunch of color," and Space Viking, and Matt McNames.

Prudence, the lilac and purple one is Louisa's Song, and the orange/blackish one is Ocelot. I will post close up pictures soon (I hope). :)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is French Can-Can

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

MattsMom, that Edith Wolford is so pretty, ours didn't bloom this year, as far as I can tell. It's really hard for me to tell Thrillseeker from Edith Wolford, though they are supposed to be in separate gardens. I'm glad you like our iris patches. They really out did themselves this year, in spite of the cold weather, high winds, clay soil and rocks.

The high winds tore up this pretty pink one ~

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Jumbo Jack

Thumbnail by pollyk

Also love Passion for Pink, French Can-Can and Jumbo Jack!

Slovac Prince

Thumbnail by Mshadow

Louisa's Song

Thumbnail by Mshadow

Ocelot

Thumbnail by Mshadow

Poet's Rhyme

Thumbnail by Mshadow

Temple of Time and Drinks at Sunset

Thumbnail by Mshadow

Naples

Thumbnail by Mshadow
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Stairway to Heaven.

Thumbnail by boojum
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

My goodness what beauties! Ocelot, Drinks at Sunset, Temple of Time, Naples, Louisa's Song -- and more! Wow! My Naples got divided last year and didn't bloom this year, but it looks great. My Louisa's Song has never bloomed but it was in a flower pot for a long time. Drinks at Sunset has buds and should bloom soon -- I can't wait!

You will love Drinks at Sunset! My Naples didn't bloom last year, but this year it is covered with buds. So far the other ones I posted above have bloomed every year. I love them all!!!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous irises and pictures, Shadow!

Thank you Polly :)

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Apollodorus"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Apollodorus" with a bit more sun

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Batik"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Brazilian Holiday"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Chasing Rainbows"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Cross Current"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Dreamsicle Soda"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Dynamite"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Eugenia King"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Chinese Treasure"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Honky Tonk Blues"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Lightning Bolt"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Lip Service"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Lover's Charm"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Going Home"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Forgotten Secret"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Wow, LoveRat. those are some major beauties. I see Chinese Treasure is really growing for you.

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

DaLoveRat - It must be a gorgeous landscape when all those iris are in bloom! Thanks for sharing your photos!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Mshadow, the color combination on the first picture you posted is out of this world! Could you please name all of the iris? It's great to see what blooms at the same time, too. Sometimes I plan a combination of colors that I think are really wow, but they aren't all in bloom at the same time. You have some real beauties!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Getting iris that bloom at the same time isn't easy -- more a matter of luck. Different irises bloom at different times and the same iris blooms at different times if conditions are different -- more sun, etc. When you do find some blooming at the same time count your blessings. Watch all your iris and move them around to get the blooms where you want them when you want them.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Mshadow, I see that you already named the iris in your picture - except for the blueviolet bud that hasn't opened yet. Is temple of time the apricot/ peachy one?

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

How about a thread of good iris combinations that bloom at the same time, like the photo mshadow posted? I have been looking up the iris she has in that one, and most are designated EM for bloom time. I have also found a supplier for all but Temple of Time.

DaLoveRat, Lightning Bolt sure is pretty!

Caitlin, peachy apricot is Temple of Time. Denise at Snowpeak has it. Blue-violet bud is Louisa's Song.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I am glad to hear that Denise has Temple of Time. I was looking for it last year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.