Oh sweet pea!Won't you come to me!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for that info guys... im still pacing the floor for germ...

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks Don and Xerantheum.
I know what the pkg says, but I think it's a bit too early to plant here...but hey..maybe not? I forgot..I just got a couple of cold frames!
Yeah...I agree, that's a bit too deep for them, Don.
Did you soak yours first? Or nick them?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Marcy, sweet peas can take freezing temperature even in the 20's .. do the winter sowing thing with them .. pot them up and leave them outside .. they'll know when it's safe to come out.

X

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I kicked mine outdoors...

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Soaked them for a few hours,they did plump up somewhat and looked like a tail was coming out of he seed,little white squiggly thingy!
Got my hanging basket in the window of the sunroom,it's really warm in the re 75* so hoping for some fast germination,still says 90 days to flowering,so June may have flowers!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ok..if it's gonna take until June, I best get mine planted too...lol!!
Good luck on yours!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

EEEKS, cant wait that long!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hope it doesn't take 90 days!!!LOL
Luck to you too!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Can't believe my lying eyes!!!! LOL

Only 4 days!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Wow!! Did you give them bottom heat or just plenty of sunshine?????

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Right next to a south window!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Alright! I'll try that...although I have to move a bunch of coleus...since I only have one south window...lol!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Guess you need to put shelves ,on your south window,so you can put lots of plants in front of it!LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Now that's a good idea...why didn't I think of that???

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thats why you have me around!!!LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Righttttttt...I KNEW there was a reason....LOL!!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

C u got ur puter back!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yes. Mike had to restore it all...and he didn't even yell at me...lol. He said mine was number 20 that he had done this month..because of viruses!!
I'm still adding back my programs and have to add my email addresses too.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

4 days huh? Gonna haveta try that. I booted 5 pots outside.. its still frosty here.. but they are talking 50s by the weekend....will it last?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Mine are right next to the window where they get the warm sunshine!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Where do you live Blossombuddy? I see your zone is the same as mine.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Heck...no sunshine here! It's been gray for weeks!!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Pull back the curtains!!!LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

No curtains here...just a valance!
Mine are right next to the window too....soaking up the grey skies!! No sprouts yet!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well sing to them,you are my sunshine my only sunshine,you make happy on cloudy days!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL...

Marcy_1... on a bog! In the grand prairie state.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL Don...ok..I can do that! I think I may have one sprouting tonight!!! Have to wait till tomorrow to see it good.
Blossom..forgive my ignorance...but I don't know what the 'grand prarie' state is???? I will google it.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hmmm....Blossom...when I googled ..it said Texas was the grand prairie state! How could you be zone 5 there????

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Texas??? Nope not that one! Texas is the lonestar state!

Try land of stinking, oops mean lincoln! LOL!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ahhh ok...Illinois...I been there...many yrs ago!
So how are your sweet peas coming along? I was wrong last night...I see no sprouts yet...darn it!
But we do have some mild sunshine today..yayyyy!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

No sweet peas sprouting here..

Been working on coleus and watering and cleaning up house plants... what a mess.. I had a pile of ants hatch from one of my dianthus pots....so been trying to beat the pants off them... they hatched in my office of all places so its RAID, vacuuming, watering , restacking day and oh, did I mention making cuttings... Yep what a mess! Ants and ladybugs... Sure wish the ladybugs would eat the ants cuz I got enough ladybugs in the house coming back to life now too! LOL! Indoor gardening, not without its trials.

If I get time, I will try to remember to pot up another batch of sweet peas or at least soak them for tomorrow!

Its beyond me how Ohi has better weather than us here! LOL! Although the sun is out and it feels warmer than it has been. Still have patches of snow on piles from plowing. LOL! Send real estate brochures! Our weather still sucks!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Noooooo...our weather isn't better than yours! We still have piles of snow left too. Still have two ft. drifts the sides of our driveway! But it is gonna be warming up starting this weekend!
I had an ant problem last yr..so know what you mean! And I always have ladybugs. I don't care how good a bug they are supposed to be...I don't like them! They bite...and they smell!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Well, my mistake on the weather! Well lets hope spring has finally moved in...

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

More germinating today,we have sunshine and 52*

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Still gotta soak mine.. still doing coleus.. what a mess!

I finally got the ants kilt and cleaned. Were having them fer dinner! LOL!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I saw that Don! And it's coming my way for the weekend!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

60* for the next 3 days here!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

50's maybe. Today what lil I did outside, the sun felt warm! YAY!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

YAY! Coleus is done...finsihed cleaning one plant stand and watering all the plants for that and restocking.. working on stand #2. I did a pile of impatien cuttings too.

Still working on the mess...

As for Sweet Pea...hmmm, still in the seed pak...!

This message was edited Mar 4, 2010 6:34 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.