Weird Weather of '09 #11...what's the Bright Thing Up There?

Eugene, OR

That's my method, do a little then rest. But when we get someone in to help I usually work with them (keeps the price down) and I really get worn out. At least it's only one more day, use sunblock this time. lol

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Definitely already have the sunblock set out for tomorrow.
This will get Laura a bit of spending money for now but we are definitely continuing the regular job search, they need a lot more than we can make pulling weeds in the neighborhood. Just didn't have the heart to leave theses two ladies with weeds growing. They both love their flowers so much....and we don't have any idea if or when the regular guy will surface....I will gladly give the job back to him. But an added bonus is we are getting a start of some of her Peonies, an Iris that we don't have, and possibly a few other things as we go along!! Free plants are good things!

Thumbnail by zhinusmom
Eugene, OR

Definitely! A fringe benefit if you will. Nice you could help out the ladies and Laura at the same time. I'm sure it's appreciated. Try not to work too hard.

The lady we are working for right now asked me to read an Obit in today's paper....I don't know who the original quot is from, but I absolutely loved it....

...She lived like the quote on her computer......"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'whoo hoooo, what a ride!!' "

After working so hard decided to spend a little on my very first piece of REAL garden art...isn't he cute??

Thumbnail by zhinusmom
southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Trishia...I love that saying! i have it as my signature on my email for a few years now and it's absolutely perfect! very cute garden art.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Neat bird.

Here is Sages first stepping stone....we still have to do the grout around the glass....

Thumbnail by zhinusmom
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Please tell Sage she did a great job!! Keep it up.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

That is so cute. Great Job!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Tell Sage she did a wonderful job on her frog. I love frogs of any sort.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Trisha, I love that saying too! I quote it often to my friends who refuse to live -- those who hide behind weight or anything that can be diagnosed as a "disorder" or a bad childhood or bad spouse, bad children or bad knees or whatever, despondently sliding toward their date with death.

"THIS IS NOT YOUR PRACTICE LIFE," I yell at them. (With love, of course.)

Eugene, OR

Trisha.....love the quote, I have used that one too. And I love your piece of garden art.....now, has it got a name yet?

(Judi)Portland, OR

Trisha I had never heard that saying. It's a really great quote and I put it on my computer. It's an excellent reminder to enjoy each day, and of course to drink your latte (espresso in my case) and enjoy without guilt and worry. What a powerful message!!! Well, I have another vice as well, that gives me some guilt. Nutella. On toast, on a rice cracker, mixed with peanut butter, or licked off a spoon. Mmmmm

Sage's stepping stone is wonderful. Tell her she has talent!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I have definitly lived that saying about life-with latte in hand and dirty fingernails.

Eugene, OR

It was cloudy and overcast today......until I went out to trim the iris. Then that 'Bright Thing Up There' shone in all it's glory. LOL

Haven't had a chance to think of a name yet. Got in a thirty mile bike ride today then Laura and I went back to work on Dorothy's yard. Got all the shrubs and heather trimmed so the paths and drive are all passable now....grubbed out a 20 x 20 foot patch of dead grass where a bunch of flower pots have been dumped under the tree in her side yard. Mom's hedge trimmer died in the middle of the project so we need to go find a new one tomorrow:( We are really really tired. If we keep this up we are definitely going to get into shape....or not be able to move at all....we will see what happens.

Eugene, OR

A thirty mile bike ride and then a 20 x 20 patch of dead grass.....and you're going to get into shape. Sounds to me like you already are. ROFLOL

Sally, You wouldn't think that if you knew how stiff and sore I am tonight, and what it took to drag me out of bed this morning...lol. Usually just the ride does me in for the day.

Eugene, OR

A thirty mile bike ride should be enough for one day. LOL

It is these days...we used to consider that a Short ride......

Eugene, OR

ROFLMBO

The longest single day ride I have done is 122 miles. DH had done over 200 several times.

Eugene, OR

Can't even imagine it. My hat's off to you!!

(Judi)Portland, OR

Trisha, I get sore and stiff just from working in the garden. I ride my bike to the market and to do errands. That seems to be my speed these days. Years ago I went on a bicycle tour of Portugal and we rode about 30-40 miles a day, but I was younger then!!! Now, I'm happy with much shorter rides, and in nice weather. My hat's off to you!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Sage did a great job. Very impressive.

Trisha, how's Laura doing with her smoking? Has she been able to stay mostly on track?

Kathy

Laura is still working on it...she has cut back a great deal.....still working on it though. Son in law is down to just the gum now.....unfortunately Laura is alergic to it.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the update - as long as she doesn't give up on herself Every cigarette she skips gets her closer I' so glad SIL is doing it too Tell her we're rooting for her!!

(Judi)Portland, OR

Laura, keep up the good work! We're thinking about you!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Morning everyone! Hats off to you Laura!

I want to show you a little friend of mine that I saved Sat. I was out in the barn and when I walked out there on the ground was this gorgeous creature. He/she had just hatched and its wings were still soft and rolled up. I reached down and it crawled onto my finger, I took it over to a Wild Rose flower and left it there. After about an hour I decided to check on it and low and behold its wings were straight and gorgeous. It was still resting, I put my finger in front of it and it crawled onto it again and I took it over to my Desert Rose hedge and let it crawl onto a flower. It hadn't tried to fly yet, DH and I watched it for awhile and after a few minutes it started to quiver, then it started to move its wings and it took off. It flew onto a Maple and stayed there. I don't know when it took off from there, but I felt good knowing that I saved it from being stepped on or devoured by one of our cats.

Here's right after I put it on the Desert Rose

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

He/she decided to open its wings

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Started quivering and stimulating its wings.

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Still quivering just before take off.

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

And after take off a safe landing high up in a Flame Amur Maple

Thumbnail by gardener105
(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Wow, what a wonderful experience!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you! It sure made me feel good!!!!^_^

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

One of my new hens is starting to lay and look at what she lays!!! Pretty cool huh!

Thumbnail by gardener105
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I always loved to get those 2 yolkers!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Twins..congratulations! YUM!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thanks you two!!!^_^

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

I'm thinking that that chicken's a keeper! How cool to happen more than once!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.