Garden Photos of '09.....#22

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

BB love the one on the top left

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6603210

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Good night Patti and Good morning all.
Karen I have some of your hostas and love everyone.Autumn Gold,Gold Tiara,Sum and Substance ,competing with Blue Angels for size
Patti Colages are great as as always
RC I'm going to send a pix of one of the Blue Angel hostas I think is something else.
Not enough daylight now. I just want an ID It's so much greener than BA and leaves are slightly diff.
Could it be Sum and Substance?
later - no sun today but I'll try my best.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Onewish I have a similar Iris as the bottom left.Is yours shorter?Maybe 20 inches?

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

We inherited so many blues and purples of all types I had to have some yellows, just to keep me amused.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

good morning... sorry for the confusion... that was Patti's photo

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

ah ha!
Question !
Is mid season considered late Jun and July?
I have to plant DL'S and Oriental Poppies together .DL's are mid season, just want to be sure there are no clashes.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

not sure but I would think so.... don't follow me though

:)

Why do you have to wait to plant either? I planted poppies 2 weeks ago and they are doing fine.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I think the bloom time is in question

Didnt know that was a key point.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

some people worry about what color blooms are open next to each other... not like me... planting willy nilly

Hear ya

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm not waiting to plant OP's ,just positioning in the garden .OP's here blume late May early June. I dont want blooming YELLOW DL's to interfere because I mixed up the OP's ,by mistake , so dont know the colors.
I bought 3 varieties from the co-op and Queen Alex is one of them,too pink to plant with yellow DL's where I want to put OP.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Cross posted, I'm the oposit, carefull about colors.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I'm lovin's everyone's irises!!! They are definitely a favorite of mine. I've been perusing Schreiners for some more. If anyone is dividing any and want to get rid of them let me know! I'm looking for yellows and or white.

I adore your Blue Himalayan poppy [I'm guessing].

The pond came out fantastic. I would love to put one in as well. One of a few projects I'd like to do, but would need to hire someone to do it.

The program I use to do photo collages is Fotofusion.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

that is the one poppie that has never grown to bloom for me it always does well and then gone over the winter never to be seen again, it does say zone 5 but it never makes it

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

shelly i remember that poppy from last year - still waiting for my first poppy flowers - got a ton head flower heads - hope it is not a tease like last year

patti - you get a big wow as well - great shots and your way to organized:)

here is a friend having breakfast today - not an otter:)

Thumbnail by wha

pretty bird

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

and here is a wood duck walking around - careful bird he went right back into the wet land after he noticed me up on the deck. this shot was taken from over 40 yds away

Thumbnail by wha

The bird is a grosebeak. Nice stumps. EDITED: Speaking of poppies. I have some Oriental ones, the Pizzicato Mix. White or orange who knows what color. Anyways they are budding. And I am going to plant every poppy I have growing. Guessing now around 150........ I will do pics when we start.

This message was edited May 27, 2009 8:37 AM

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

not starting a new business are you sherrie??!

South Hamilton, MA

Patti do you remember the reddish iris, bottom right picture on first iris collage?

I like the wood duck he is so colorfull

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Wonderful shots, Karen, Patti and Shelly. Love the poppy.

This message was edited May 27, 2009 1:27 PM

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

OMG, you guys have been busy posting!! That or I'm more behind than I realized (probably both!).

I also feel a little pathetic next to you guys still - my pasque flower has finished blooming and now my little columbine is. That's it for me :o

Thumbnail by evie_beevie
Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

oops, I lied. I have one scabiosa bloom

Thumbnail by evie_beevie
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hardy ger. Karmina

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

going tto be flowers anyday
Pattys Plum

Thumbnail by ge1836
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Thanks all. I couldn't sleep last night, so I just played on the computer.

Wha, that pond of yours has a plethora of great wild life. Take a few more months off and do something to highlight it. You could use a "feature" somewhere on your property. Actually the next time I visit I will wear blinders, so I don't keep twirling around to see all the "features" you have at everywhere. Love that wood duck and grosbeak. Do you have birds nesting in all those amazing bird houses that you built?

onewish, I will get an id on that iris when it stops raining. I usually take a shot of the tag so I can label the pictures, but forgot to on that one. It is raining now, a lovely soft spring rain, but I have things to plant. Hope it stops by noon.

IrisMa do you mean the second collage?

or maybe

I have id's for those.

schickenlady, I want poppies. I am planting a few more today and hope that I can finally start a patch of them. I have a couple coming from a coop too. They do fine in Vt, but I kill them here. Who knows why?

Here is part of the south garden in its mostly green phase with a just bit of purple. It is filling in nicely, though I am ready for some color. I am going to go back over this thread to see who has something that might look good now besides Iris. Geraniums are starting but I want a taller something to bloom now. I miss the tulip parade already. I know, poppies, which I can't seem to grow! grrrrrrrrrr.

I just saw evie_beevie post and maybe I need some scabiosa. Thanks. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Awesome blooms everywhere.

Wish wood ducks would hang out by my pond!! Nice shot, Bill!

I started a ton of Scabiosa caucasica Fama and Isaac House's Novelty Mix Hybrids.

I am just getting ready to send out some seedlings down to PA, want me to send some up to MA, Patti?

Scabiosa and Lunaria seedlings

Thumbnail by WNYwillieB
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

love those little ones Willie

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

WNYwillieB, Thanks, I am going to check and see if I can get some instant gratification today from the farm and plant nursery just down the road. I haven't been there this year and want to give them some business. We buy tons of corn from them each summer and many of my original perennials came from them. My list of wants is now rather small. Purple basil, which I started and killed this spring, and ditto with some marigolds, plus a tall white zinnia that I also killed. My spring efforts at growing seeds this year was a disaster because of a trip to New Orleans which was great for us, but decidedly not for the trays of seedlings I had started. My cutting all did fine. No doubt I will find other things too. Patti

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

patti love your yard!

yes there are birds in the houses - mostly chickadees - and i did find a nest of bumble bees when i was replacing a couple shingles that i knocked off one while spreading mulch - good thing they were not yellow jackets or i would have been doing the crazy dance-run across the yard

The best thing to do is jump in the pond water!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I got stung by something on Monday and I did a lot of jumping around as it really hurt. I yelled at my DH to give me a cigarette, which he pretends that he doesn't have, but this time he quickly pulled one out and I did what my daddy did when I was a child. He would make a wet paste with some tobacco and spit, yes spit or water, then cover the sting spot with a glob of the poultice. It works almost instantly. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nothing like a good poultice I say

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Huh, that's an interesting poulitce Patti, never heard of one like that. Funny that DH pretends that he doesn't have any!

Thanks Bill.... actually you should be glad that your didn't bloom last year if they are to have any chance of being perennial versus biennial! So, it's a good thing to have patience, once in a while!.

Pretty pics Jo Ann and Eevie.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Here is my jaigoooonda hosta with Rhodi vulcan about to bloom in extreem right side.
Hosta reading up the line to the left
NOID Jaigoonda if anyone has an id wade in
Tokudama
NOID smaller plant of Jaigoooonda and last against the woodpile
Blue Angel
My neighbor just ID'd the jaigoonda its
Sum and Substance

This message was edited May 27, 2009 1:18 PM

Thumbnail by ge1836
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

The allergist told me to make one out of meat tenderizer. Last year when a yellow jacket stung me I tried and it worked very well. Had minimal swelling.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I had heard thet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.