Garden Pics: April shows brought these May flowers #5!!!

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Love Great Expectations!!!!! I don't know what mine is, or even where it came from.....I am slowly getting I.D.'s on some of the things I have that had no tags...

Thumbnail by zhinusmom
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Pretty hosta and a neat picture. I used to know the names of everything and now I don't remember most of them. Next year I probably won't remember where the garden is located.^_^

This shot from last year is better....

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

I don't particularly care about the names myself.....but someone is always asking so I am trying to get what I can in a journal cause I am suffering more and more from that ailment called CRAFT.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

That's the one that comes after CRS right?????

Ginger

You got that right!

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Willow, yes I find that the deer particularly enjoy the blossoms of Johnson's blue!

Irwells , love your advance previews of things to come here. Love the pentas, but it would like it warmer than we have it, so it is very hard to find around here.

My EWA vacation house is ahead of stuff on this side of the hill, so here is one of the iris that is now in its prime there.

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

And here is your mystery question for the day. Do you know what this is?

By the way, a couple of starts of this will be available for anyone who might want it at the round up, but I will not dig it unless I have takers.

OH, last year Laura and I were nosing around in back of one of the greenhouses at our local garden center.....they have a section of freebie (maybe they can be revived, maybe not) plants. I picked up a little stub of mostly dead leaves called Knautia 'mars midget'....
It survived and has it's first little bloom on it!!

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

Back on this side of the hill, my flowering cherry is now at its prime.

OK, lunch break is over and it is time to get back out into the gardens.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

yeah...me too..

So far today I have planted:
32 daylilies
9 bee balm
4 blue spruce
2 currants

I have left for today:
8 hops
2 lavenders
2 bags of glads
24 dayliles

If I get off schedule for the weekend(or sneak off to walmart on a strawberry hunt) it's not going to be pretty..
Time to finish my fake beer and get the beagle off my feet.

Ginger

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Could be a viburnium. Can you show the plant.

Cherry tree with bird feeder looks like a Japanese Garden.

Love the little red flower

You are working too hard beadmom.

This one has 'fire' in its name.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Anne Kruschke. I found my old layouts.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

A little creeping phlox

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I found my first ladybug.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

The pink/white peony tree opened today

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And a better shot of the purple one.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

This is 'Doc'

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And this is 'Sleepy'

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Oops, Here he is. Yes I do have all seven of the Snow White Dwarves..

This message was edited May 23, 2009 4:51 PM

Thumbnail by Willowwind2

Willow, you are the only one who bit on my question of the day. I will send a pic of the plant tomorrow. (I do know what it is, and am willing to share.)

Ginger, you sure put in a full day. I spent a lot of time putting together my potted stuff, trying to locate what I had acquired to complement each other. Then RJ and I did our first spray of roses for the season. We each have just over 100 apiece, so it is a bit of a task. We polished off the day with steak and french fries at 10 pm. ( One of our favorite dinner treats.)
When I went out to water my newly planted pots, I discovered that I had only done 5. It certainly seemed like a lot more!

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Wow.... so much happened here today that's great! As soon as I get any photo program running on my computer I will start a new thread. I'm hopeful that it will be before midnight!

Irwells.... I'm so glad to see folks from elsewhere join in. It's great to see what's to come. All your pics are good. I love the Echie though!!

Willow... nice pics as usual. I really like the lighting on the columbine. It "highlights" it perfectly! the ladybug is super cute.

Sharon... your cherry tree is beautiful! The mystery question for the day is: a viburnum, as Willow said!

Tricia.... what a find. I wish that there was some place around here that had "freebies"

Ginger.... good grief!!! what a day you've had. But, I bet that it feels great to have all of that done!!

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Here we go again! WEEEEeeeeeee....... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/992860/

New Thread
New Thread
New Thread!!!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/992860/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.