Tod's dahlias for postage

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sorry, Cindy, I was all out in June. I should have some (well probably lots) next April. There's still some cheap ones on Ebay though:

http://home.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=dahlia&_sacat=1509&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_dmd=1&_odkw=&_osacat=1509

Coushatta, LA

Tod,keep posting your beauties as they bloom.

Thumbnail by TheAngelGirl
Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks tod mine was laying on the ground from the wind.
I'm on my way to ebay.

Thanks again.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

For me it's my natural tipsyness so that I am falling and/or stumbling into stakes alot. Maybe I'm just naturally meant to be a shishkabob.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Ha! That's a very good one!

Port Sanilac, MI

Tod, I've gotten my first bloom from your generous offer. Devil Duro Albert. Thank you so much.

Thumbnail by kays_camelot
Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 10a)

What a beee-autiful purple. I'm sure it's even prettier in person.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Second the motion on beautiful purple!

Looks great! I believe Albert is supposed to be quite variable, so you might get some with purple and white too.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Stunning!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi All - since this thread is getting quite long, and many of Tod's dahlias are coming into bloom, I started a new thread so that people can post their blooms. I thought it would be neat for Tod to see how his dahlias are blooming across the country (unless he sent some overseas?? LoL)

Please post your Tod's dahlia photos here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1026309/

This message was edited Aug 12, 2009 12:41 AM

Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

I just realized that I was supposed to select the tubers I want. I have no experience with dahlias other than the ones I have grown from Home Depot, but I like bicolors and tight together flowers and those dark reds with black stems. Can you select for me from those characteristics?
Dr AR Fitzburgh
7 Knollwood Terrace
Caldwell, NJ, 07006

Hi Doctor Fitzburgh,

I think I will have some fitting that description come next April, be on the lookout for my dahlia offering posted here.

Tod

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.