Tod's dahlias for postage

Coushatta, LA

Tod,don't over do yourself.Hope you are feeling better.You are a very sweet person for do this for us.Don't run your self ragged trying to do so much at one time.

Cody

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Don't worry, Cody, feeling much better. Just packed your box and a few others for Monday.

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Tod,glad you are feeling better.You get some rest.Don't over do it.
Good night

Cody

Coushatta, LA

Hi there Tod,i was just letting you know that i have gotten my Dahlias today.I'm so happy and can't wait to plant them.Thank you so much for doing this for us.I will send your payment off this week.

Thanks again,Cody

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Tod, recieved your dahlia today. Check in the mail. Thanks!! Take care of yourself.

Thanks again, Dixie

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I recived a wondeful box of dahlias today from Tod, each one is a new one for me. Gosh what a good feeling to be the recipiant of such generosity in these troubled times! Thank you ever so much♥

Ronnie☺

I can't wait to post pics... my dahlia bed is waiting patiently (not me though) for this gawd awful rain to stop!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Mayish showers bring dahlia flowers ^_^ Your bed will be preemo for planting out luvs.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Tod, I'm not asking for any Dahlias ... I have several that I've had for years now and love them ... love those cactus Dahlias! I just wanted to say what a great person you are offering these up for postage. I understand the amount of work that goes into just the shipping!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Tod, thank you so much, I got the box today and what great flowers, the tubers are in great shape and very healthy looking, you're the best.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

D~ if that's the case I'll have show stoppers!! LOL
Going on the 9th day straight!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The NE is sure getting drowned!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

if that be the case, i'll make an offer. Anyone who wants some...I'll send you a box of rain! lol

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Still working on the weather transporter jsxtiger. Seriously,there is a desparate need for rain in the west. Bad fires are happening again :(

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Gosh I'll take the rain over the fires!! That's sad!

Hooks, TX

What a wonderful gardener to share your bounty this way!!!!
If you still have any to send, I would love to get a box and will
send postage+ immediately.

Let me know if I'm lucky enough to be included and I'll send my
address.

Thanks for making DG the best place on the web to spend time,

Louise

Thanks all! I agree about the deluge here, its ridiculous. At last a break today from that. I wanted to plant this week, hopefully next week is good. That is my vacation, plant, plant, plant!! :) Just finished box #23, and almost no more left. Louise, I'll add you to the last box contest. Well, maybe the last box, I have to break out the heat mat and see if I can get any more going, its too cool here.

Coushatta, LA

Hi Tod,your payment is in the mail.

Thanks a million,Cody

North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Tod is amazingly generous!

Port Sanilac, MI

If you have any left, I'd love a box. Let me know if I'm not too late and I'll send you my address. You sure are a generous person!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Tod rules!

(Zone 7a)

He certainly does - I am speechless with joy - just received a box of dahlia tubers from him. Tod, from the bottom of my Treasured Compost Pile, thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Karen

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Woo Hoo !!! I got a couple peeping up their little heads now !!!

I'm just way too excited about these Dahlias...

Thumbnail by bjwilson
Coushatta, LA

Tod,please let me know when you get the payment.

Thanks,Cody

Richmond Hill, GA

Tod, If you have any left I would love some for postage. I missed out last year. I didn't see a post that you have closed this offer.
Arlene

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Tod just wanted to let you know I sent money via paypal. Also sent you a dmail... thanks again so very much.

Ronnie

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Can't wait for mine to start peeping out.

Tod what is the powdery stuff on the outside of the tubers? This is the first time I''ve ever had any and is it something you put on it or is it a natural thing?

The powdery stuff is the ridiculous amount of sulfur I coat them with for winter storage, to keep them from rotting! :) I wish I could easily get it all off in spring, as it makes it impossible to write on them.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

So I'll need to get sulfur to store them this winter? Interesting, does this work for other tubers too?

Timpson, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi I'm interested in some tubers also for postage dmail me and let me know if you have any more. I purchased some this year from Lowe's, thought I would make flower bed of just Dahlia's. Do you have any input that I need to know for starting my Dahlia bed. Please let me know.
Thanks

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Tod - I got the box of dahlia's today. I am so excited - I can't wait to get the chance to plant them.

And, to get one that is named Mom's Special on the day after mother's day - how appropriate is that LoL.

Thank you sooooo much Tod. Your check is in the mail.

Bettendorf, IA

I made it!! I made it!!! Got your DMail Tod. I will put a check in the mail today!! Thank you so much :)

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Received my wonderful box last week. they are so awesome. I haven't gotten them planted yet. i will be sending postage this week. Thanks so much.

(Zone 7a)

Tod - reimbursed you for postage via paypal and sent you a box of blues today - working on the artwork

karen

Newton, MA

Hi Tod,

New to DG here and just discovered the awesome things you do for fellow dahlia fanatics. I may have caught this a bit late, but if you have any tubers left I would be more than greatful to be lucky enough to recieve some tubers. Any kind will do, I'm easy. Dmail me at your convenience to let me know if your out or not.

Many Thanks!!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Welcome to DG and the Dahlia Forum jep2075 ^_^

Coushatta, LA

Tod,post some more of your beautiful babies.I would love to see more of your pictures.Can wait for mine to bloom that i got from you.

Cody

Port Sanilac, MI

Tod, just received my second prize winner package! So great of you to send them. It's ranning today so I will get them in the ground as soon as I can, and your postage in the mail before then. Thanks again.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Tod - I have all of my dahlias temporarily potted until I prepare a more permanent place for them. I was able to find a picture of most of the dahlias that you sent me by looking back at all the lovely photos you have posted over the last two years. But, I cannot find a picture for "Storm Warning." Do you have a photo of that in your files somewhere?

8 of the nine tubers have 1-4" sprouts. Thanks again from me too!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I forgot to take pictures today, but wanted to let you know all but one Dahlia is up and getting huge. Yea! Thanks again Tod

Well, jep2075, I may have one box left since the last person to get a regular box never contacted me. I have to open it up and see if they are still good. If so, I may have a third box for a contest. I'll see this weekend. If so, I'll include you in the contest, with all the others who didn't get one who requested.

soilsandup, I have no picture of Storm Warning, it flowered only when there were freezes, and the flower got ruined. It was a nice deep purple though. The seller did not have a pic either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.