Weird Weather of '09 #10

Eugene, OR

Me third!! Take it one day a time.

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

She has been over 24 hours now.....said she isn't having a lot of the usual problems right now just a really bad headache.....I really hope she makes it this time!! Also told me she didn't know if she could get on right now....talking about it just reminds her that she can't smoke...so we will give her a little time and keep her in our prayers...

Everyone have a good night.....

(Judi)Portland, OR

I will be thinking about her and sending good thoughts.....

Eugene, OR

Yes, sounds good. Also sending prayers she can do it this time.

OH......I am going to have to find a wisteria!! There is one along a wrought iron fence a few blocks over....it is beautiful and smells soooooo wonderful!!!

(Judi)Portland, OR

I planted a wisteria last fall and I was disappointed that is was growing so slowly. Then a friend told me this about wisteria: First year it sleeps, second year it creeps, third year it leaps! mine is sleep-creeping, but I have great hopes.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

and at 4 years, it will demonstrate its relentless pursuit of taking over all unoccupied space.
Be forewarned: don't let it go more than 1 year without pruning.
I love my wisteria, but it needs to be curtailed.

I prefer the wisteria taking over to the blackberries from the vacant lot out back!!!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

My wistera is on year three and don't see any indication of blooms. It had surpassed the top of my gazebo and is growing like weeds...but no bloom , let ya know if it surpirses me.

Vancouver, WA

Wow what a great weekend - I would love to say my gardening is done but I know that will never happen. Instead at least I have everything planted...for now.

I ended up finishing another 2 garden beds and shoveling the remaining pile of 3 way out of the driveway. I ordered 3 cy but I think they brought 5-6. I had originally planned on two beds but then with so much dirt left over I just built another cheapo bed that is 1.5 feet deep (for rooted veggies). I feel like the Hulk now. I also have quite the burn.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

It has been beautiful up here in AK this week. I got a sun burn sitting out in Angoon watching the whales off the pier last night. The sun has been warm and wonderful.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

aaaah - so there you are watching whales.
We had warmth & blue skies yesterday - looks like today as well.
A near-perfect weekend.

(Judi)Portland, OR

The weather in Portland has been so very nice, and the whole neighborhood is out riding bikes, chatting, and gardening. Lots of folks hanging out on their front porches. Front porches are so vital to neighborhoods - you get to know your neighbors and people sit around on steps chatting and sharing stories. Of course, if a few whales wandered by that would be pretty exciting! Lucky you Sofer!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

We can run right over to Hoodsport and watch the whales in Hood Canal.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

It's important to remember that Wisteria is a tree - so regular maintenance, as Kate says, and either pruning into a tree or providing grape-quality support is important!! Check out this link; be sure to click on the video of the largest wisteria in the world - have your sound on for the beginning, during which a tour guide actually gives statistics on the length and weight of the tree.

http://flowergardengirl.wordpress.com/2009/02/21/shovel-ready-plants-and-wisteria/

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

kathy.thanks for sharing that video. The trunk on that wisteria is so beautiful.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Isn't that crazy????

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOW!!!

THAT is Incredible...and Beautiful!!!!

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

I stumbled a couple times so far. The medication I was taking made me dangerously manic. For instance I decided to stop taking it when I'd been up for 42 hours and was still hyper. So, I had to come down from that. Which is what I did Friday. Normally, and now, I want to sleep all the time when I quit smoking. I haven't been able to stay asleep very well, but falling asleep isn't a problem. I ended up smoking yesterday; we went to a family reunion, I was around smokers, and so crashed I felt it might be insulting, so I bummed a couple cigarettes to give me a boost. But, smoking a cigarette doesn't seem it be making an effect on my ability to go without cigarettes, so *shrug*

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thanks for sharing your stumbles with us. That's what we are here for. Keep looking for the end of the tunnel. Go, Laura
Go, Laura ( doing the little dance move here) ^_^

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

:o)

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Hang in there. As long as you're still trying, you're doing great. :-)

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Keep on truckin'

Eugene, OR

Wishing you well. Hang in there.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

It may be tough sometimes, but you are on the way and that is what counts.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I'm tellin' ya the patch works cause you get a litle dose of nicotine every day without lighting up!

Hang in there!^_^

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thinking of you today, Laura. You can do this. Now IS the time. Stick with it - it will get easier as you get more days under your belt.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.