Weird Weather of '09 #10

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/968477/

A beautiful day of sunshine to start a new room....maybe not so weird now for a change.

Thumbnail by zhinusmom
Eugene, OR

Beautiful tree Trisha.......hope you have a good day tomorrow. That's my plan to, go play in the sunshine. ^_^

I am looking forward to it.....don't have any other commitments for a change!!!

The cat and will like it too...she only gets out with supervision....she likes to bring in birds and squirrels if left unattended!!

Eugene, OR

My outside stray brings me a trophy now and again, but she can't get away with when she's with me. Sometimes I see her go into her crouch through the window, and I knock on the window, upsets her whole strategy. LOL

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Nice job on starting the new thread Laura. Congrats!

today was a beautiful day outside. I forgot to put sunscreen on my ears and got sunburned...that figures. LOL.

Sally, I'm not sure what it is, but I just love foiling their bird hunting adventures. most anything else and I leave them to their adventures.

Eugene, OR

Just can't help myself, feel guilty for luring my birds to the feeders, then they have to put up with an attack cat. She's well fed and I don't bother her when she's after a mouse. LOL

I agree with that!

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

My internet was down due to drivers for a couple days, I resprained my ankle Friday night so didn't get on yesterday, right now I'm actually on my BIL computer. DH and him are doing their thing and I decided I'd jump on his computer and see if I could catch up.

yuck. sorry to hear about your ankle. that's no fun at all. i'm on the computer that i'm house sitting at. it's reasonably paced at everything except pictures. trying to attach a picture on one or these threads can easily take 20 min. I'm doing other things like taking a shower and laundry between pictures, it's that slow!

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

That sucks, I tried to use my Grandma's computer when I was dog sitting and just gave up, she knows she needs a new one, but went on a cruse instead of spending the money on one.

Sage's birthday is the 22nd, so we came up to Port Angels to see my MIL, BIL and his girlfriend. We're staying at BIL's house. Sage is with her mom on her birthday so she already open her presents from us, except from her grandma. We put up a collection and got her an Ipod, 10 people that would have got her something small. Other than that she just got some polymer clay and a fairy garden kit. I was so proud of her, she really understood how big a thing it was to get an Ipod and why she wasn't getting a lot of gifts this year.

sounds as if things are pretty busy for you right now... as per usual.

Yeah, I know how that new computer thing goes. Mine at home is going down... slowly, and I really need a new one. I keep saying: oh ... next paycheck, then a new bill and it's ohhh... hopefully next payday, etc. etc.

Sage sounds like a really good kid. I'm sure that she really like the Ipod. I know that I was always happier to get one gift that I really, really, wanted, than 10 of something that I didn't. She'll have a lot of fun with it.

Eugene, OR

I'm so happy I finally upgraded, I'll do without other things to keep this. Not the fastest, but way better than dial up.

Sounds like Sage is having a good birthday and glad she understands things are tough right now. Great idea to pool the resources. I remember when my GD got hers, it was used, but she was glad because it already had her favorite tunes. A friend of hers upgraded and her mom bought the other one.

(Judi)Portland, OR

What a good idea to pool resources and get Sage an ipod. I love mine - use it in a docking station at home and with a cord in my car. Rock on Sage!

(Judi)Portland, OR

I checked the red twig dogwood cuttings and they are getting little roots! I lost my little sticky with the names of those who want one - I have about 10 to give away. Dmail me with your info if interested.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Morning everyone! Wow, leave for the weekend and look what happens, a new thread!

Well, the weekend started off Fri a.m. in high style! Meet Bolt the new bull calf! Our DGS named him. Yes, we had a 100% bull calf crop this yr! WOOHOO!!! He was up and nursing 25 mins after birth, very healthy. We didn't have to worry about the cow calving while we were gone, thank heaven.

Now all of the GK's have named a calf.

I haven't read any of this thread but will later.

TTYL,

Susan105

Thumbnail by gardener105
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Congratulations! Bolt is darling!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you BeaHive!^_^

Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful guy, Susan. Takes me back to my youth!!

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

What a handsome creature Susan! Congrats!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you!^_^

Susan...I think calves are so sweet.....we saw soooo many new babies on our bike ride yesterday!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I agree Trisha, it's that time of year!!!^_^

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

What a strong name for a bull!!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Usually the names fit!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Hey! Do you think these 2 are confused???!!! LOL!!! They're on top of my barn.

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

They're looking for a place to nest, don't think that's a good spot though!!! And I thought geese were intelligent. LOL!

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009 10:49 AM

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009 10:50 AM

Thumbnail by gardener105
(Judi)Portland, OR

What a cute guy Bolt the Bull is! How much does a newborn bull weigh?

Those geese must know that's a really nice barn!

I have a camellia in a big big pot on my front porch that gets early morning sun. The rest of the day it is shade. The outer petals on the blossoms are turning brown - is it too hot? Too cold?

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

If it's been blooming for awhile it could be just natural.

(Judi)Portland, OR

That makes me feel better. It's been blooming for about 6 weeks. The blossoms are so heavy!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Hi Judi, thank you! They all weighed around 90-100lbs.

I think they thought it was, but that's not a very good place for a nest! LOL!

gardener.... I think that those two are definitely confused! Bolt looks great!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

gardener..love the geese. I bet the view is great up there!

Can't think of the name of this plant but it is loaded with blooms now.
It begins with a c and has a y in the name. Corydallis??

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

It was so pretty swaying in the breeze tonight. Made a ruffling sound very faintly.

Here is a close up of the blooms. The blue is also lovely!

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Beautiful Corydalis Bea! Do you know which variety of corydalis it is?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Red.. will check in the morning to see if the tag is out there. Let ya know. :)
Well the memory was not to far off in the spelling... yeah me!

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Susan, At least if the geese nest up there, you won't have to worry about stepping in the goose poop! Fledging might be a little tough for the small ones though..that first step is gonna be a doozy!

Judi, I agree with Willow that if the camelia has been blooming for a while, the brown is probably just natural. They fade that way, and then the petals will just start to fall off.

Beahive, when I grow those, I just call them slug food. Yours is glorious though! Very envious!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Slugs have not bothered this one so far. Last year it only had a few blooms..this year it is loaded. I think rinsing my pond flters in this area may have something to do with it. Fish poo is good fertilizer!! The hostas near this plant are the first to leaf up too this year!

(Judi)Portland, OR

Oh such pretty Corydalis - the shade of blue is amazing. What do you use to keep those nasty snails away?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

red.. this corydalis is called China Blue. I have not seen the slugs feastingon this plant. If I do have slugs..I use sluggo. I try not to use much as I worry that the frogs will eat the slugs that have eaten the bait. I would imagine it is not good for froggies!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Found this nice surprise while taking pics this AM. I remember planting some..but forgot all about them until today. They did not surface last year!

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.