General Discussions 2009 - Chapter 27

Dahlonega, GA

You too Russ , and Barb . digger

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I like that last option better. LOL, haven't been fishing lately.

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

OOOOH Jeanette, Do you think Georgia would ever be the same, if 4 of us from this far north came for a while??? :>)

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Digger if you need Georgia Gal back up , Im headed your way, Sounds like the north is about to invade again!!LOL!!!
Russ, I have a friend in Minnesota, whose step son just had nearly the same type of tragedy you had, with the tire. Hes is doing well but may lose part of his vision if not his eye!

Dahlonega, GA

Oh no , those accedents are coming around much too aften .
Jnette ,Russ , I'm never far from fishing.Did I tell you I'm supposed to close on my house in ark ? It's on one of the best white perch lakes around . I leave Sun. and supposed to close the following Fri .Whee , I don't ever have to mow that grass again .
Looking for you sis , come on up . digger

Brisbane, Australia(Zone 10b)

Glad its healing Russ. Take it easy.

All this talk of summer... glad you are enjoying it. Im only slightly glad for the break winter provides.

And its raining again in Palmerston North today. And I noticed that the frost has started nipping at the cannas. But I just had my hardest exam (statistical modelling) this morning and it went really well so Im happy. Really glad its over. Now I can put the stats books away and learn the more interesting stuff.
I have another tomorrow morning (sustainable farming systems) so I better get back to work soon.

Lena

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Eufaula; Tell him the healing will take a while. I will be praying for him.
I do have a pressure type pain in and around my eye. I am trusting, that I will not loose any sight. Up and down movement, yes somewhat but I will be happy with whatever our lord has for me.
While at the IA RU I met a lady who also had her right eye socket crushed.
She seemed to be alright now. Though she does have a little more of a depression at the outside edge of her eye. She had an auto accident. We discussed each others healing and some of the steps that each of has faced.
She gave me some tips on getting her eye to focus and I am starting to try some of the things she did.
Got my reading glasses today, wow talk about having to focus- - - - it takes a couple seconds but I can read as long as I don't try to do it by looking down.
It is great! Next month, I may try to get my new glasses for normal use, like for driving and such. Of course for driving I will still have to close one eye so I can read the speedometer. That is a small price, for what could have been.
Was his accident with a normal tire, or one of those truck tires?

Digger; I will be sure to bring fishing gear. Haven't made any plans yet- -But sure sounds great. :>)
Russ

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

It does sound good. Wish it weren't so far away.

Lena, congratulations!! Good goin' girl!! Got my fingers crossed for the next one.

Jeanette

Dahlonega, GA

Russ, If y'all make it to the coast this Dec , (rockport Tx ) , we will have everything , including boat , kayaks ,waders ,all gear. My son is a fishing guide there . If you come to Georgia , we have rods and whatever we need .It might be a good idea to bring it tho , no telling where else you might go and there is fishing everywhere in the south . digger

Terrebonne, OR

I'm thinking about planting garlic in my bales this fall. Please let me know if you have planted garlic and how things went. Thanks
GG

Wake Forest, NC

Let's start a new chapter and continue our General Discussions in Chapter 28.

Click here to jump there: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1008026/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.